BelieverX

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
✟7,776.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In Brazil a shocking prank was played on unsuspecting elevator riders. The question came up on several news stations, as to whether the TV show doing the prank can be held liable. Just for info...the video has over 35 million views on YouTube.

Extremely Scary Ghost Elevator Prank in Brazil - YouTube

Talk about liability...I'm surprised the little girl didn't get drop kicked. I actually thought this was very funny. But, on the other hand, what if someone were to have a heart attack or be mentally damaged as a result of the shock.

That wouldn't be so funny.

GenetoJean

Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Delaware
Visit site
✟18,940.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I thought the same thing. The first thing I said was if this happened in the US I bet someone would have been sued. The second thing I thought about was the danger the little girl was in and how they were planning to protect her if someone attacked her. Sorry about the order in which I thought about this but that was the order that it happened in.

I also thought it was hilarious. I wish it would have been in English or at least had sub-titles.

Upvote 0

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I found it funny, but also thought-provoking. I admit, I think I would have been fooled by the prank, too. But where does my faith in God's protection play in? If I see a ghost, or a demon, God is still Lord over all and I am His child. I think if I was on that elevator you would have seen a video of a man sternly rebuking the girl in Jesus' name.

Upvote 0

Paradoxum

Liberty, Equality, Solidarity!
Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
If someone did that to me I would be so angry. I have avoided all horror films so far, so I would either be a nervous wreak or be so so peeved that someone was so arrogant to think they could do that to me.

I hope everyone involved gets punched in the face... or sued.

Upvote 0

yasic

Part time poster, Full time lurker
Sep 9, 2005
✟14,558.00
Faith
Atheist
I have the reverse effect - I used to love going to haunted houses or dark woods because I found them scary and the scare was thrilling, got the AD pumping you know...

Now I cannot seem to be scared of monsters or ghosts anymore as I am so convinced that they are not real, I just cant get the same enjoyment out of pranks like these anymore.

Upvote 0

Paradoxum

Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I have the reverse effect - I used to love going to haunted houses or dark woods because I found them scary and the scare was thrilling, got the AD pumping you know...

Now I cannot seem to be scared of monsters or ghosts anymore as I am so convinced that they are not real, I just cant get the same enjoyment out of pranks like these anymore.

My imagination scares me enough when I have to walk home alone in the dark... or even if I'm in my house in the dark. :o

I don't think I have a phobia of the dark, but I just really don't like the idea of being scared. Once I accidently saw a sort of joke-ish re-enactment of part of a scary film on youtube and I didn't sleep well for a few days. :(

I'm a wuss :p

Upvote 0

BelieverX

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
✟7,776.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Considering the many beliefs and superstitions involving dead bodies, you could actually scare someone badly enough to cause mental and physical harm. I think this one goes a little too far. This is irresponsible. There would be a number of ways to sue the company behind this prank.

Elevator Prank In Brazil ( Scary Corpse) - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blackguard_

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Feb 9, 2004
Tucson
✟18,992.00
Faith
Lutheran
Considering the many beliefs and superstitions involving dead bodies, you could actually scare someone badly enough to cause mental and physical harm. I think this one goes a little too far.
Yeah, I wonder if someone who is really into the zombie craze might put a few extra holes in that "corpse's" head.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think they need to evaluate each situation.
Some people weren't terrified, but a few were.
Simply scared you get over, overly terrified can cause long term
problems. Which could require mental health assistance.

I love the setup, but just like "Scare tactics", they have to be real careful not to take the fun to far.
And the girl could have been attacked, at least once she lunged at a cowering victim, cornered terrified people do attack even if they are facing the "undead."
When she just stood there and screamed she wasn't exactly a direct threat.

Upvote 0

LionofJudahDK

Sep 26, 2012
Aarhus, Denmark
✟1,576.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I have to admit that I laughed, and laughed and laughed :)
Probably because I've seen so many "horror movies" that this isn't really all that scary. And, of course, because I know it isn't real.
However, I also agree that they shouldn't have used a little girl in the prank. They should have used an adult that could have defended herself, if a victim had reacted physically (which no one could blaim them for doing).

But..yeah, holy FIDDLESTICK I would have been angry! :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,856.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
This was dangerous for the young actress as well. Its not unusual for people(men especially) to react with violence in a situation like that.

Notice that the entrance to the elevator seems to be controlled and that there was no instance of a man with anyone else.

Perhaps they were smart enough to realize a man is more likely to end up protective.

Trust me if I went into protective mode things might not end well for the little girl or anyone else involved.

And if any of my family were really disturbed by something like this I'd be tempted to get legal charges filed. Technically speaking it is false imprisonment as soon as someone tries to get out and is prevented from doing so.

Upvote 0

Paradoxum

Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Notice that the entrance to the elevator seems to be controlled and that there was no instance of a man with anyone else.

Perhaps they were smart enough to realize a man is more likely to end up protective.

Trust me if I went into protective mode things might not end well for the little girl or anyone else involved.

And if any of my family were really disturbed by something like this I'd be tempted to get legal charges filed. Technically speaking it is false imprisonment as soon as someone tries to get out and is prevented from doing so.

Moral of the story, only get in an elevator with a man. Much safer. ;)

Upvote 0