Getting to Know Each Other (2)

May 21, 2007
✟7,778.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I was directed here from the previous sub board. Unfortunately, in this sub forum I didn't see any responses to the actual "getting to know you" questions as in the forum before this was created..
"getting to know you"
First Name: You can call me "George","Cher","Char"(first four letters of my real name)~Age: 29
~Location: Arkansas
~Occupation: State worker and reatil (part-time).
~Favorite Color: Pink,Black,Grey,turquoise
~Denomination: Non-Denominational
~Ministry Involvement: Choir, helping to prepare/organize gatherings such as Harvest Fest
~Favorite Food: Pizza, Mexican
~Favorite Band: Secular-Tom petty,Jesse Johnson, STYX,Grand Funk Railroad,Skynard....and more..
~Favorite Holiday: Christmas
~Interesting Factoid #1:I really love being SINGLE...and only dating once in a blue moon. I really enjoy the time to myself.
~Interesting Factoid #2:I don't really see myself getting in the bnear future, and I am OK WITH IT.
~Interesting Factoid #3: I love the way I feel after jogging/walking a marathon..it hurts soo bad it feels good.
~Interesting Factoid #4: I have grown closer to my mom in the past 2 and half years than I ever thought would be possible.
~Interesting Factoid #5:I love antiques and making jewelry...when time permits.
~Interesting Factoid #7: Although outspoken, sometimes I feel bad if I hurt someones feelings too bad....I go back and apologize.
~Interesting Factoid #8: I love rollercoasters and scary rides.
~Interesting Factoid #9: I would LOVE TO travel outside the US one day.
Favoriate Novel: "Step On a Crack" by James Patterson

Upvote 0
Dec 19, 2009
✟7,701.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey there everyone. I just joined the site and wanted to say hello. I was recently engaged but my ex-fiance broke my heart. I was wondering, will I ever get over this? It's been over 2 1/2 months now and I am still terribly depressed and heartbroken about it. I keep on praying that he will want me back. He said he would love me forever and made all kinds of promises and such and now I just feel like a fool. I'm a heartsick, heartbroken fool. :sad:

Upvote 0

Trg2folG

Dec 27, 2009
Jacksonville Florida
✟7,643.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hay Sweety I am so sorry that this has happened to you. First off I wanna say that you must remember that this is only my Opiun and nothing more. If he called off your engagement....I am vary sorry to say this but it is my opion that he will not be worth even 1 minute more of your time. If he would want to come back...well then it probably would mean that his OTHER plan so to speak did not work out and you would only be something to fall back on. And if he did that once then.......well I myself would never trust him or her again. I myself....well my ex left me for the guy right next door to me. I have lived here for three years right beside her. She want even as much as wave at me when we pase going to the store or something. This was EXHTREMLY hard for me to take for...well first year was terrible...second year was bad but getting better....third year I am fine....actually I am vary strong now. I can be by myself or with someone. Once a person does this...please do not waste any more of your time on him. He will never be worth it not or never more. If you EVER want to talk I will always answer you and be here for you. :) Take care and have a wonderful New Years :wave:

Upvote 0

JohnO928

A man of little reputation
Jan 12, 2010
Central Indiana
✟15,146.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
First Name: John
Favorite Color: Blue
Denomination: Pentecostal Church of God (Assemblies of God)
Ministry Involvement: Video and sound booth, whatever's needed
Favorite Food: Sea food
Favorite Band: Beatles, STYX, 5th dimension....and more..60's 70's and 80's mostly
Favorite Holiday: Christmas
Interesting Factoid #1: I am a widower.
Interesting Factoid #2: I have a 9 year old daughter.
Interesting Factoid #3: I read a lot, or would if I had the time.
Interesting Factoid #4: I tell lots of jokes and stories. If you think something is true read to the end before you make up your mind.
Interesting Factoid #5: I'm not mature. I'm just perfectly timed
Interesting Factoid #7: I am outspoken and not at all politically correct. If I offend someone and what I said was biblically true, then it's there problem not mine.
Interesting Factoid #8: I have a 24 foot pontoon boat and love being on the water.
Interesting Factoid #9: I am Christian, American, Conservative and Republican in that order.
Favoriate Novel: The "Sword of truth" Series by Terry Goodkind (If you've seen the "legend of the seeker" TV show. Read the book sinstead. Much much better.

Even though this thread looks hardly used I figured I'd stop in and steal someone else's format to make an introduction.

I was very actively involved in another Christian forum where I ran afoul ofthe management. I have this nasty habit of speaking the truth (If you think I am saying something that is not true at any point I welcome you to correct me) and they just weren't to thrilled about making those statements.

Looking forward to playing with you all

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Hi John,
Some places its easy to run afoul of Christian management. I've done that myself. This web site is better about that on some sub-forums. Some subforums are pretty strict. So it would be good to learn which are debate type forums and which are not.

I personally have always loved freedom of speech and thing if God can't stand up to different opinions then He isn't much of a God. But ofcourse its not God that has the problems is those that think they have to defend their view of who God is. Yet the Bible is pretty clear that we only partly understand who God is.

dayhiker

Upvote 0

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
First Name: Sharon
Favorite Colors: blue, gold, silver
Denomination: Church of Christ...
Ministry Involvement: run our church library.. prayer...
Favorite Food: calamarri, a good roast.. someone else cooking.. :)
Favorite Band: Jesus Culture, Kim Walker, Hillsongs, Love Guy Sebastian.. but he is not a band.. won Australian Idol first series..
Favorite Holiday: love Christmas and time doing little but fun stuff..
Interesting Factoid #1: Separated from husband..
Interesting Factoid #2: have five kids.. four at home..
Interesting Factoid #3: I love to encourage others.. pray.. inspire..
Interesting Factoid #4: I love sharing my faith... and meeting people online..
Interesting Factoid #5: Internet addict.. love face book..
Interesting Factoid #6 I am new to being single.. 8 months out of a 18 year marriage..
Interesting Factoid #7: I feel better and more alive being 40 then I did when younger!!
Interesting Factoid #8: I love reading...
Interesting factoid #9 hearing impaired so I use the internet for ministry where I am not!!
Favorite books: Love Narnia series.. read them to one of my sons.. love Joel Olsteens book... Its your time.. Anything by Joseph Prince... Loved Gloria Copelands book.. Blessed beyond Measure.. and am a fan of
William P. Young's book "the Shack"

I did not choose this life.. I wanted marriage to be forever.. but my husband does not want a relationship anymore.. we have had probs all the way through I stuck in there.. so this is a whole new direction.. sorry if that is a bit too much info.. I am praying and believing for GODs best for me... I will not just sit and mourn for the rest of my life.. GOD has a plan for my life and that is to prosper me.. and not for harm.. for a good future..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Trg2folG

Dec 27, 2009
Jacksonville Florida
✟7,643.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi Well to be honest I dont remember writting that. I am vary forgetful. mainly due to my state of my liver. In 4th stage now. Have had hep c sence 79. But looks like you are doing ok. It does get easier as time goes by. My wife left a little over 3 years ago. She now lives with younger better health guy next door. But No it doesnt bother me. I had rather know that she is ok than not know. Course I'm sure she dont see it that way. haha Anyways Ttyl. Jim

Upvote 0

Hey7

Jun 9, 2010
✟7,632.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
First Name: John
Favorite Color: Blue
Denomination: Pentecostal Church of God (Assemblies of God)
Ministry Involvement: Video and sound booth, whatever's needed
Favorite Food: Sea food
Favorite Band: Beatles, STYX, 5th dimension....and more..60's 70's and 80's mostly
Favorite Holiday: Christmas
Interesting Factoid #1: I am a widower.
Interesting Factoid #2: I have a 9 year old daughter.
Interesting Factoid #3: I read a lot, or would if I had the time.
Interesting Factoid #4: I tell lots of jokes and stories. If you think something is true read to the end before you make up your mind.
Interesting Factoid #5: I'm not mature. I'm just perfectly timed
Interesting Factoid #7: I am outspoken and not at all politically correct. If I offend someone and what I said was biblically true, then it's there problem not mine.
Interesting Factoid #8: I have a 24 foot pontoon boat and love being on the water.
Interesting Factoid #9: I am Christian, American, Conservative and Republican in that order.
Favoriate Novel: The "Sword of truth" Series by Terry Goodkind (If you've seen the "legend of the seeker" TV show. Read the book sinstead. Much much better.
praise the Lord, I'm from Jersey and am a single mom. You sound like your not religious, but truthfull at heart. I don't like religion because it's not the real deal of knowing who Christ is, I love having a real relationship with the LOrd, sometimes telling the truth can get you in trouble I hope you have better success here, In Christ's friendship, Hey

Even though this thread looks hardly used I figured I'd stop in and steal someone else's format to make an introduction.
my message is on top kind of didn't scoop down to read the rest of your note. Hey
I was very actively involved in another Christian forum where I ran afoul ofthe management. I have this nasty habit of speaking the truth (If you think I am saying something that is not true at any point I welcome you to correct me) and they just weren't to thrilled about making those statements.
my message is somewhere inbetween yours...........
Looking forward to playing with you all
check above

Upvote 0

ashleymneil

Dec 14, 2010
✟7,612.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hey I like the idea of this. But I am on my cell phone typing this message (if you ever seen the t-mobile side kick you know why I can't type long messages ;) ) so with that being the case I figured at least I'd get this thread into the list of threads I watch by typing a message and later when I'm at home I'll tell whole bunch of you about who I am. For starters my name is James and I've been on CF for four years. :) that's it for now!

Hey! This is the first time I have been on a Christian dating forum.

Its real fun and you get to know different people.

There are other sites also that offer the facilities for online singles who are in a lookout for other singles in order to meet them and to be their perfect date.

If you can meet other personals for a relationship then it would be better to register on them and find your date.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ross11

Christ-in-me
Feb 6, 2011
Bundaberg
✟7,659.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi, i'm in a time of my life when i have relized that i need Jesus Christ in my life ( Totally ), does anyone want to share how they met the lord, and how he has changed there life, i need insperational encouagement from the Lord and other christians, doesn't have to be to long, anything at all said through the name of Jesus could help pick me up at this time, Thanks... Regards...Ross

Upvote 0

peacechild4

Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Hi, i'm in a time of my life when i have relized that i need Jesus Christ in my life ( Totally ), does anyone want to share how they met the lord, and how he has changed there life, i need insperational encouagement from the Lord and other christians, doesn't have to be to long, anything at all said through the name of Jesus could help pick me up at this time, Thanks... Regards...Ross

Hi.. nice to meet you..

I have always known about GOD..since I was young.. but it wasn't till I got to know JESUS and who HE was and what HE has done and how much HE loved me that I started to grow up and blossom..

Ok I am still very human too..

But when you realize in your walk with GOD that it isn't about yourself.. it is about HIM.. and HIS righteousness and what HE gives to us.. and what HE has done for us.. then you really start to come alive to it all.. the joy that fills your soul..

:clap:

Upvote 0
Aug 3, 2011
Central Coast, NSW
✟15,201.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone :) I'm a newbie... new to this forum and new to forums in General! I am so relieved to find somewhere to chat and spend time instead of being lonely and stuck with my thoughts.... I'm a christian and a single mum! I love the supernatural nature of our father and love to chat about God, gifts, listening and prayer... I have to admit I've been a bit discouraged lately, but I'm hanging in there and trying to turn inwards to God... Fellowship is definitely something I need right now! I hope I can spend some time in here and make new friends and have some conversations!! Please be gentle with me while I learn about forums, etc... I really have no idea, but I am willing to learn! Peace xx

Upvote 0

peacechild4

Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone :) I'm a newbie... new to this forum and new to forums in General! I am so relieved to find somewhere to chat and spend time instead of being lonely and stuck with my thoughts.... I'm a christian and a single mum! I love the supernatural nature of our father and love to chat about God, gifts, listening and prayer... I have to admit I've been a bit discouraged lately, but I'm hanging in there and trying to turn inwards to God... Fellowship is definitely something I need right now! I hope I can spend some time in here and make new friends and have some conversations!! Please be gentle with me while I learn about forums, etc... I really have no idea, but I am willing to learn! Peace xx

Welcome.. love your name.. too cute.. it is a relief isn't it.. :)

Aww bless your heart.. this place and the people you meet here will help so much... it takes time to find your way.. but just ask people if you need help.. and be yourself.. GOD bless.. so nice to meet you..

Upvote 0