getting married bride never turns up, number 8

gordie1

Sep 3, 2010
✟15,190.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Hi there I had a worrying dream last night. I dreamt I was due to get married to an old friend (in the natural she is dead and I was never romantically involved with her or wished to be) and she disappeared from her parents house and never turned up to the church and I was left standing at the altar waiting for her. I felt shame and embarresment and my parents drove me home to their house (it was a long journey) I was due to get married in Manchester. And my parents live in Scotland. I had a deep sleep in the car and woke up with a sign saying A8120 Perth 8 miles, and I asked my father who was driving have we missed the M8 and he said no but we would be going on that to take me home later. When we got out of the car the neighbours of my parents asked how I had got on and I told them I didnt go through with the marriage and they were sympathetic but once inside the house my parents told me not to tell the neighbours anything. My mother said she would phone the brides parents at 6 to find out how she was.

I have had dreams like this before when I am due to get married and something goes wrong like one of us cancel at the last minute and I am relieved but in this dream I felt great hurt and shame. I am single and often worried if I am called to be single (40 next year, looking likely I guess!!)

Flishvick07

Feb 11, 2011
✟750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It seems like the Bride of Christ to me. She never showed when she was supposed to, aka the Body of Christ. On the way back home you took a different route than usual, which seems like you are being told to trust that God will take you home even if it seems like the wrong way! You were told to not tell your neighbors, I wouldnt if I were you lol. For God will call them (Bride of Christ) and see what happened lol

Upvote 0

stone

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
Everywhere
✟73,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi there I had a worrying dream last night. I dreamt I was due to get married to an old friend (in the natural she is dead and I was never romantically involved with her or wished to be) and she disappeared from her parents house and never turned up to the church and I was left standing at the altar waiting for her. I felt shame and embarresment and my parents drove me home to their house (it was a long journey) I was due to get married in Manchester. And my parents live in Scotland. I had a deep sleep in the car and woke up with a sign saying A8120 Perth 8 miles, and I asked my father who was driving have we missed the M8 and he said no but we would be going on that to take me home later. When we got out of the car the neighbours of my parents asked how I had got on and I told them I didnt go through with the marriage and they were sympathetic but once inside the house my parents told me not to tell the neighbours anything. My mother said she would phone the brides parents at 6 to find out how she was.

I have had dreams like this before when I am due to get married and something goes wrong like one of us cancel at the last minute and I am relieved but in this dream I felt great hurt and shame. I am single and often worried if I am called to be single (40 next year, looking likely I guess!!)

[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], this has happened to you several times?

Just out of curiosity, does the word Edmington or edmonton mean anything? ring any bells? anyone? If not, oh well.

Upvote 0

TigerLily27

Jul 3, 2010
✟7,819.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
Hi gordie,

I think the dream is about something that you really want but the thing is elusive. You mentioned feeling embarrassed while waiting, and also that you wonder whether you are destined to be single.

Does not being married at this age make you feel a little embarrassed? What, besides marriage, do you really want to have but can't quite seem to?

Upvote 0