Mar 20, 2008
✟8,763.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Get Yourself Ready!
Friday February 18, 2011

“6“Ah, Sovereign LORD,” I said, “I do not know how to speak; I am only a child.”
7But the LORD said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am only a child.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. 8Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the LORD.
9Then the LORD reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, “Now, I have put my words in your mouth. 10See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant.” (Jer 1:6-10)
“17“Get yourself ready! Stand up and say to them whatever I command you. Do not be terrified by them, or I will terrify you before them.
18Today I have made you a fortified city, an iron pillar and a bronze wall to stand against the whole land—against the kings of Judah, its officials, its priests and the people of the land.
19They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the LORD.”

The Lord is commanding me (as well as His other servants) to say whatever He tells me to say. I feel greatly convicted that I am often afraid to open my mouth to speak. I am like Jeremiah in this passage; “But Lord, I’m afraid. I will mess up or they will not listen to me.” To this God says, “Do not say, ‘I am only a child.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. 8Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the LORD.” He is also encouraging me that He has put His words in my mouth. He is commanding me to get ready and to not be terrified or He will terrify me! Wow!

God is really passionate about getting His children to obey Him because He loves everyone that much! I am asking the Lord to fill me with His passion this morning and to deliver me from my fears. My fear is getting in the way! I want Him to help me so that I can overcome this fear and obey Him wholeheartedly and completely. I need to get over myself and step out of my comfort zone! Why do I fear man or fear failure when God is on my side and promises to be with me and to rescue me?? I really hate my flesh because it is in the way, which is a great start! I want to be willing to suffer and die for Christ’s sake, but if I won’t do this, then I am nowhere close! I need lots of prayer!

The following quote from “Springs in the Valley” is my prayer:

“Draw near me, LORD, and take my trembling hand
And make me brave to join Thy pilgrim band.”

“4My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, 5so that your faith might not rest on men’s wisdom, but on God’s power.” (1 Cor 2:4-5)

“Lord, I pray that you will lead myself and others by your Holy Spirit so that we may speak only the words that you give us to speak. Help us to overcome our fears and to deny ourselves of our own comfort or pleasure and to offer ourselves as living sacrifices holy and pleasing to You so that you may accomplish your purposes in and through us! Revive us, Lord! Amen!”

mbassadoor

my race is almost finished
Jan 28, 2008
northeast
✟7,687.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think you should proceed with caution. how do you know if GOD is giving you ideas or if they're your ideas.

i.e., someone [hypothetically] couldn't not read the Bible and just wait for inspiration. GOD doesn't work that way.

also GOD gives teachers. just reading the Bible without really studying and praying for wisdom and comparing Scripture with Scripture wouldn't equip us to be the best teacher or prophet we could be.

if someone relied on the Holy Spirit to move them more than being like the Bereans, constantly in the Word, it wouldn't put them on the path to being the best Christian witness.

Upvote 0

Servant.DujmovJr

MercyandTruth
Dec 16, 2010
Nong Khai, Thailand
✟15,452.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I think you should proceed with caution. how do you know if GOD is giving you ideas or if they're your ideas.

i.e., someone [hypothetically] couldn't not read the Bible and just wait for inspiration. GOD doesn't work that way.

also GOD gives teachers. just reading the Bible without really studying and praying for wisdom and comparing Scripture with Scripture wouldn't equip us to be the best teacher or prophet we could be.

if someone relied on the Holy Spirit to move them more than being like the Bereans, constantly in the Word, it wouldn't put them on the path to being the best Christian witness.

I think you should have moved with caution. How do you know if your ideas are not rude?
How do you know if someone is studying and/or praying?
How can you judge another man's servant and then compare that servant to another?
If you relied on the Holy Spirit to move you; then you would have moved with caution and love and not have been so negative.
How rude. Not nice at all.
Peace unto you :pray:
Steve

Upvote 0

mbassadoor

Jan 28, 2008
northeast
✟7,687.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think you should have moved with caution. How do you know if your ideas are not rude?
How do you know if someone is studying and/or praying?
How can you judge another man's servant and then compare that servant to another?
If you relied on the Holy Spirit to move you; then you would have moved with caution and love and not have been so negative.
How rude. Not nice at all.
Steve

I don't think I was being judgmental. I deliberately introduced my response with a question : 'have you considered' .

I can't judge from a short post in a free-flowing discussion everything in one's mind immediately, and so I posed a cautionary note to the discussion because I've seen so many people think they are being directly 'moved' by GOD in a miraculous way, or getting a 'sign' when I believe, in the New Testament era [post BIBLE completion], this is not happening.

I have to state what I believe, and if you or others disagree that's your right.

If I didn't love the person I wouldn't add this idea for her to think about................I also would not accuse you of being rude or negative or unloving because you strongly criticized me. I assume your post is sincere and you're expressing your point of view.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Servant.DujmovJr

MercyandTruth
Dec 16, 2010
Nong Khai, Thailand
✟15,452.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I came to her defense because I was not sure if she would have defended herself.
I pray that we all have love for one another.
We can not tell someone that they are not being lead by God. To say that; God does not work that way, is not accurate. Not you, not me, nor anyone else has or knows the mind of God.
Miracles do still happen. They would most certainly happen more often if peolple could get over the doubt and negativity.
I do not like to post inflammatory messages. However, your criticism was rude and I felt that it needed to be stated.
I don't know you but I would like the chance to get to know you. I enjoy different points of view. To hear more and speak less is always good. That is how we learn from one another.
Steve

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,985.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Christdaughter - this is part of the learning curve of your gifting. It isn't easy but with Yahweh's help you will work through this. Your obedience to His voice is being fine tuned. Of course, you already know that you are to be humble by getting rid of pride - that will always be necessary. You're working through each step - it's vital and how you reach His goals for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mbassadoor

Jan 28, 2008
northeast
✟7,687.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I came to her defense because I was not sure if she would have defended herself.
I pray that we all have love for one another.
We can not tell someone that they are not being lead by God. To say that; God does not work that way, is not accurate. Not you, not me, nor anyone else has or knows the mind of God.
Miracles do still happen. They would most certainly happen more often if people could get over the doubt and negativity.
I do not like to post inflammatory messages. However, your criticism was rude and I felt that it needed to be stated.
I don't know you but I would like the chance to get to know you. I enjoy different points of view. To hear more and speak less is always good. That is how we learn from one another.
Steve

Thanks for your response. if you believed defending someone was appropriate and pointing out my rudeness was appropriate I respect that. I would do the same [even though we disagree about my rudeness]. I, sincerely hope the original poster is legitimately led by GOD, strengthened by Him, and becomes the kind of witness GOD would approve of and we would all want to be.

I don't think my first post denied any of that. but we have a fundamental disagreement. I believe that once the Bible was completed the only miracle we are to expect or look for is the miracle of Salvation.
I don't have doubts about this .....I'm sure it's true. so being negative is your assessment. I believe I'm speaking truth and therefore, in my love for someone, I always warn people about looking for miracles other than Salvation.

you enjoy other points of view ; well, here we have one.

another one we, apparently, have is you say I told her she was not being led by GOD. I didn't.......I cautioned her to be sure she was and not just thinking she was . ...............why is that not love ; given what I believe ?

another subject where we differ is on knowing the mind of GOD.

we can sure know a lot. it's the Bible. and when I read in Revelation 22 that the Word is complete, that is GOD telling us NO more miraculous additions to His Word............. this would be additional revelation.

this can't be your first disagreement with a Christian...............I don't understand why I deserve the labels of rude ,negative, judgmental, doubter.........because I believe differently than you on this subject.

look forward to your response.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Servant.DujmovJr

MercyandTruth
Dec 16, 2010
Nong Khai, Thailand
✟15,452.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks for your response.

look forward to your response.

I respect your points of view. I too pray for the author of this thread to be blessed. The only difference is; I believe and hope in miracle blessings.

Steve

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,358,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Get Yourself Ready!
Friday February 18, 2011

The Lord is commanding me (as well as His other servants) to say whatever He tells me to say. I feel greatly convicted that I am often afraid to open my mouth to speak. I am like Jeremiah in this passage; “But Lord, I’m afraid. I will mess up or they will not listen to me.” To this God says, “Do not say, ‘I am only a child.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. 8Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the LORD.” He is also encouraging me that He has put His words in my mouth. He is commanding me to get ready and to not be terrified or He will terrify me! Wow!

God is really passionate about getting His children to obey Him because He loves everyone that much! I am asking the Lord to fill me with His passion this morning and to deliver me from my fears. My fear is getting in the way! I want Him to help me so that I can overcome this fear and obey Him wholeheartedly and completely. I need to get over myself and step out of my comfort zone! Why do I fear man or fear failure when God is on my side and promises to be with me and to rescue me?? I really hate my flesh because it is in the way, which is a great start! I want to be willing to suffer and die for Christ’s sake, but if I won’t do this, then I am nowhere close! I need lots of prayer!

“4My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, 5so that your faith might not rest on men’s wisdom, but on God’s power.” (1 Cor 2:4-5)

“Lord, I pray that you will lead myself and others by your Holy Spirit so that we may speak only the words that you give us to speak. Help us to overcome our fears and to deny ourselves of our own comfort or pleasure and to offer ourselves as living sacrifices holy and pleasing to You so that you may accomplish your purposes in and through us! Revive us, Lord! Amen!”

Amen, daughter, to everything you have just said here. That passage in Jeremiah 1 is one of my life verses, as well as the passage in Acts 26 quoted in my signature (below). I don't know that we will ever overcome the emotion or feeling of fear when we go in the grace of the Lord and the power of his Holy Spirit within us in going to whomever he sends us and saying what he commands us to say, yet I have found, through personal experience, that as I go and as I step out in faith and obedience and I do what God has commanded all of us to do in being his witnesses and in making disciples of all nations, knowing that God is going with me, that the feelings of fear dissipate as I go. This has happened to me so many times over. And, it amazes me how those feelings of fear will often be totally gone once I go forward in obedience despite the emotions of fear.

I read a secular book about 10 years ago which was titled, "Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway." When God's word tells us not to be afraid, to go, to speak, etc., it is saying just that - to go against those feelings of fear and do what God has commanded us to do anyway. When we give way to the feeling of fear and we respond by retreating and by not going forward in faith and obedience, then that is when the fear becomes sinful. So, keep going and keep obeying and keep on speaking for the Lord, and do not be silent, and just let the Lord take care of your emotions as you go and you step out in faith and in his power and his strength at work within you. Remember what Paul said - "His strength is perfected in my weakness."

Upvote 0
Mar 20, 2008
✟8,763.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amen, daughter, to everything you have just said here. That passage in Jeremiah 1 is one of my life verses, as well as the passage in Acts 26 quoted in my signature (below). I don't know that we will ever overcome the emotion or feeling of fear when we go in the grace of the Lord and the power of his Holy Spirit within us in going to whomever he sends us and saying what he commands us to say, yet I have found, through personal experience, that as I go and as I step out in faith and obedience and I do what God has commanded all of us to do in being his witnesses and in making disciples of all nations, knowing that God is going with me, that the feelings of fear dissipate as I go. This has happened to me so many times over. And, it amazes me how those feelings of fear will often be totally gone once I go forward in obedience despite the emotions of fear.

I read a secular book about 10 years ago which was titled, "Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway." When God's word tells us not to be afraid, to go, to speak, etc., it is saying just that - to go against those feelings of fear and do what God has commanded us to do anyway. When we give way to the feeling of fear and we respond by retreating and by not going forward in faith and obedience, then that is when the fear becomes sinful. So, keep going and keep obeying and keep on speaking for the Lord, and do not be silent, and just let the Lord take care of your emotions as you go and you step out in faith and in his power and his strength at work within you. Remember what Paul said - "His strength is perfected in my weakness."

Mom,

Thank you so much! We talked about this, so I won't say much here:)

Upvote 0
Mar 20, 2008
✟8,763.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christdaughter - this is part of the learning curve of your gifting. It isn't easy but with Yahweh's help you will work through this. Your obedience to His voice is being fine tuned. Of course, you already know that you are to be humble by getting rid of pride - that will always be necessary. You're working through each step - it's vital and how you reach His goals for you.

Thank you so much! That is encouraging!

Upvote 0

mbassadoor

Jan 28, 2008
northeast
✟7,687.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I respect your points of view. I too pray for the author of this thread to be blessed. The only difference is; I believe and hope in miracle blessings.

Steve
Steve,

Thank you for your gracious response. I think we have found some agreement. the thread-starter is getting prayers, guidance and encouragement. we all want and need that.

we disagree on exactly WHAT she needs or can expect.................fine,......we're all learning and sharing.

Hope to see you around the site again, in my very little time left.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
R

RickardoHolmes

Assuming you did not intend to employ a double negative, I'd have to disagree with what you are saying.
God DOES work in ways some cannot fathom. Being a great teacher or prophet somes from a closeness with God through the Holy Spirit. It does not require legalism or adherance to any book...
The Proof is all around us.

Upvote 0

Mich7

Jun 22, 2010
✟15,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Get Yourself Ready!
Friday February 18, 2011

Saw your OP and had to respond. God told my husband years ago to read the verses you quoted to himself every morning and he has been doing so for many years now. Let's just say you got my attention.

Fear is something that can only be overcome by the presence of the living God. I just hope that you are not too hard on yourself when you fall short because we all do.

I remember one time God asked me to give a word to someone in church and I chickened out. On the way home I was mentally beating myself up about it and I just went ahead and asked God why he asked me to give a word if he knew I wasn't going to do it. He said simply...so you'd know just how much you need Me. The whole thing was a learning experience.

I guess what I'm trying to say is just don't be too hard on yourself if you mess up...that's what grace is there for. God is big enough to straighten out any mistakes we make...He's Awesome!

Upvote 0

mbassadoor

Jan 28, 2008
northeast
✟7,687.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Assuming you did not intend to employ a double negative, I'd have to disagree with what you are saying.
God DOES work in ways some cannot fathom. Being a great teacher or prophet somes from a closeness with God through the Holy Spirit. It does not require legalism or adherance to any book...
The Proof is all around us.

I'm not sure it's a double negative because it refers to doing BOTH parts; declining the reading of the Bible, AND just waiting for inspiration................ but you may be right.

my point is that our relationship with the Holy Spirit doesn't just fill us with all wisdom without diligent study. nor did I say anyone was claiming so. but I often don't know the age or experience of a poster and some believe that since GOD has written some Law and Truth on our heart, from conception, then we can expect much more, if not all, Wisdom to be added automatically.

GOD has instructed us to always be in the Word.
He's given us teachers because we're all not equally gifted [including me].

The Holy Spirit works with our GOD-given wisdom, along with salvation, prayer, study, humility, obedience.............AND teachers to bring us into increased knowledge.

I agree GOD's ways are above ours and, sometimes, mysterious [also,sometimes, well understood] but GOD has identified Himself with the Word, and told us to study it and be perfect like Him [something we can only STRIVE for], so I don't agree with your assertion that we need not follow a book.

how would we know about the infinite sacrifice of Jesus by simply waiting for the Holy Spirit to mysteriously impart this knowledge without our efforts to seek for these truths [with the assistance of the Holy Spirit] ?

Christ = Bible..............if I follow Christ, I follow the Bible. it's that clear and simple.......................and TRUTHFUL for me.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,358,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Saw your OP and had to respond. God told my husband years ago to read the verses you quoted to himself every morning and he has been doing so for many years now. Let's just say you got my attention.

Fear is something that can only be overcome by the presence of the living God. I just hope that you are not too hard on yourself when you fall short because we all do.

I remember one time God asked me to give a word to someone in church and I chickened out. On the way home I was mentally beating myself up about it and I just went ahead and asked God why he asked me to give a word if he knew I wasn't going to do it. He said simply...so you'd know just how much you need Me. The whole thing was a learning experience.

I guess what I'm trying to say is just don't be too hard on yourself if you mess up...that's what grace is there for. God is big enough to straighten out any mistakes we make...He's Awesome!

Very encouraging! Not that we use his grace or take advantage of his grace in order to justify responding in fear rather than in faith, but it is true that his grace is sufficient for all things and that he is the God of second chances (many of them). And, yes, bringing us to the place of recognizing our weaknesses is definitely God's way of letting us know how much we need him so that he is the one who gets the glory, not us, when his will is accomplished through us in the lives of others. Thanks for sharing that with my daughter and with the rest of us, too.

Upvote 0