get your tin foil hats

U

Ukrainia

Large scale government conspiracies, in general, are pretty unrealistic, especially so in present day America. All it takes is for one person who wants to be a whistle blower to get on Facebook or Twitter and the game could be up. We do not, to put it mildly, have a shy media when it comes to government bashing. I have a feeling that anything truly despicable enacted by the government, will have a lot of popular support. I place abortion in this category. Slavery too. And probably something that many history books won't mention, eugenics, also has a prominent place in American history. 100,000 "feebleminded" people were sterilized (a procedure that leaves a person unable to reproduce) in America alone in the the early 1900's through the 70's and enjoyed support by prominent intellectuals and politicians. This wasn't just an American thing, it was a European thing, one that found the support of people like Winston Churchill, and of course, in Germany, the predecessors to Hitler. Anyway, I'm obviously not convinced that our "enlightened" present day society is anymore able to make wise moral decisions than our predecessors. In other words, who needs a conspiracy, when the populace can make bad enough decisions for themselves.

Upvote 0

crishmael

nothing but the rain
Aug 29, 2008
Tejas
✟32,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The Dreamer said:
To not believe in the idea that people conspire is pretty naive. It's like you've never read the bible or met anyone outside of a daycare center.

:yawn: I knew I'd get some kind of misread and insulting response to my post from a conspiracy theorist. Y'all are pretty predictable. I do have to say yours is the least imaginative I've ever gotten though. These are your beliefs, dude. You live and die in your imagination with this stuff. You gotta step up your game.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
E

Edwards1984

Best part about conspiracy theories is that nothing disproves them. Never have to be disillusioned by reality.

The problem lies in that most of them are prime examples of begging the question, ie. you presume something that itself has to be proven first. If there's any kind of discrepancy or question in regards to an event, it's immediately assumed there must be some conspiracy behind it. If there's evidence to contradict the idea of a conspiracy, it's presumed that the evidence is fake or placed there by the government (which again falls back on the presumption of a conspiracy existing).

And really, the opening video doesn't surprise me. When my dad was with the 3ID, they were doing some basic military training somewhere in Georgia, and it was spread on the internet that the 3ID was there as part of a government conspiracy to subdue possible protests or some other rubbish like that. Some people truly have no ability to practice rational discernment.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Come on now. Call people what you want, but there's nothing wrong with having the belief that something is going on behind closed doors that we don't know about. A lot of conspiracy theories have been proven! Some disproved. So what? You don't think the government would prepare for something catastrophic that may or may not happen? Not too long ago, here in Michigan there was a real fear that the government was going to shut down, including police and firefighters. Imagine how horrible that would've been!

Upvote 0

The Dreamer

Apr 11, 2012
✟422.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Here are a few interesting quotes imo.

'Today, America would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order. Tomorrow they will be grateful! This is especially true if they were told that there were an outside threat from beyond , whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well-being granted to them by the World Government.'

-- Dr. Henry Kissinger, Bilderberger Conference, Evians, France, 1991"

'The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists.'

-- J. Edgar Hoover, former head of the FBI"

'The drive of the Rockefellers and their allies is to create a one--world government combining supercapitalism and Communism under the same tent, all under their control.... Do I mean conspiracy? Yes I do. I am convinced there is such a plot, international in scope, generations old in planning, and incredibly evil in intent.'

-- Congressman Larry P. McDonald, 1976, killed in the Korean Airlines 747 that was shot down by the Soviets."

'We are grateful to The Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But, the work is now much more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto--determination practiced in past centuries.'

-- David Rockefeller, founder of the Trilateral Commission, in an address to a meeting of The Trilateral Commission, in June, 1991."

'We shall have world government whether or not you like it, by conquest or consent.'

-- Statement by Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) member James Warburg to The Senate Foreign Relations Committee on February 17th, 1950."

'The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined by those who are not behind the scenes.'

-- Benjamin Disraeli, first Prime Minister of England, in a novel he published in 1844 called Coningsby, the New Generation "

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
E

Edwards1984

Come on now. Call people what you want, but there's nothing wrong with having the belief that something is going on behind closed doors that we don't know about.

There's nothing wrong with entertaining the idea or seeing if it holds water by looking at all evidence.

There is plenty wrong when you become irrational in regards to the subject, and you essentially filter your thinking and reasoning in support of a presumed idea to the point where you hold double standards.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, like someone was trying to convince me that Planet X, which is really a minor star, is approaching earth and and is close to Jupiter (at that time) and I was like..."do you really believe that?" I knew enough about astronomy to know that we can see as far as Saturn with our naked eye. I'm quite sure if a minor star was nearing earth, we'd see it by now!

Upvote 0
E

Edwards1984

Yeah, like someone was trying to convince me that Planet X, which is really a minor star, is approaching earth and and is close to Jupiter (at that time) and I was like..."do you really believe that?" I knew enough about astronomy to know that we can see as far as Saturn with our naked eye. I'm quite sure if a minor star was nearing earth, we'd see it by now!

I met a guy who claimed that killer dolphins the government had trained to hunt terrorists had been released into the wild after Hurricane Katrina. I asked someone in my family who was part of the military review of Katrina, and found out what had actually happened was the dolphins at the New Orleans aquarium had been released and the navy used their sonar dolphins to bring them back for medical treatment.

Upvote 0
L

Lord Of The Forest

Not too long ago, here in Michigan there was a real fear that the government was going to shut down, including police and firefighters. Imagine how horrible that would've been!
Would it be so bad? You know what the say: An armed society is a polite society.

Having lived for the past twelve years in an area where there is no police coverage and no fire department save for volunteers, I can assure you that taking care of a fire does not always take a trained force.

Upvote 0