fyodoros

May 30, 2005
✟653.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Kelly said:
He apparently moved to a different area of the table at the last moment, the table blocked most of the explosion. He also forced Rommell to commit suicide for his suspected involvement.
i first saw this on the discovery channel. soooo close to killing him, and soooo many lives would never have perished. i've always wondered why god didn't allow that bomb to kill him. i mean, he was right friggin' there, then moved!

Upvote 0

Kelly

Dungeon Master
Mar 20, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟24,334.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
fyodoros said:
i first saw this on the discovery channel. soooo close to killing him, and soooo many lives would never have perished. i've always wondered why god didn't allow that bomb to kill him. i mean, he was right friggin' there, then moved!

I have my own theory why he survived. He needed to remain in order for enough atrocities to be committed against the Jewish people that the allied victors felt compelled to restorating Israel in 1948.

Upvote 0

Wildwood

Jun 11, 2005
✟1,023.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
fyodoros said:

Maybe there weren't enough prayers.

Upvote 0

Alecto

May 28, 2005
✟1,775.00
Faith
Pagan
Politics
US-Others
The bomb was in a briefcase and one of his aides moved it to the other side of a leg of the table so he could stand next to Hitler. That leg shielded Hitler from the blunt force of the blast.

I think the Germans are focusing too much on distancing themselves from Hitler. They go to such overt lengths, they wont talk about him and when they do its to scorn him. Im not saying that he isnt deserving of scorn, but I dont get why the German people expend so much energy to bury and burn him

Upvote 0

jlujan69

Jul 28, 2004
United States
✟5,360.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
fyodoros said:

I don't recall the name of the movie I saw, but in it, the American sniper had both the "target", the most able German general, and Hitler (not a target) in his scope and considered killing Hitler to end the war. However, he decided otherwise since the powers that be theorized that with this German general still alive, he was capable of extending the war for years more instead of just a few months. From my own readings, Hitler had, by 1944, lost all touch with reality regarding the state of his own army. So, speaking from a strictly military standpoint, it was to the benefit of the Allies to have him in power to direct the German army. I'm guessing that this is what the directors of the movie had in mind. Regarding the assassination attempt, even if it had succeeded, it's questionable if the conspirators could really have taken over the gov't and assumed control of the German armed forces. Remember that the generals had sworn an oath of personal fealty to Hitler, and not the gov't. Still, who knows?

Upvote 0

neverforsaken

Proud American now and always
Jan 18, 2005
Hawaii
✟3,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
if hitler was killed i think there might have been a power struggle between goering and himmler. maybe others too. if i could say only one thing good about the germans back then, it would be that i think thier uniforms were the coolest ever made. but it ticks me off that you cant wear a black military uniform without being called a nazi. :mad:

Upvote 0

jlujan69

Jul 28, 2004
United States
✟5,360.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
neverforsaken said:
if hitler was killed i think there might have been a power struggle between goering and himmler. maybe others too. if i could say only one thing good about the germans back then, it would be that i think thier uniforms were the coolest ever made. but it ticks me off that you cant wear a black military uniform without being called a nazi. :mad:

I'm glad you specified which one. I agree that the black one was the best of the bunch. As for the rest, they looked corny.

If you choose to wear it, especially complete with medals, patches, and jackboots, why would you expect people to view you in another way? Skinheads, Neo-Nazis, and KKK groups wear the complete ensemble, so naturally you'd be identified with them........But you knew that already.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fyodoros

May 30, 2005
✟653.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Kelly said:
I have my own theory why he survived. He needed to remain in order for enough atrocities to be committed against the Jewish people that the allied victors felt compelled to restorating Israel in 1948.
i wish i would have been alive and he had consulted me. i could think of several other, less destructive ways of accomplishing this. but i do understand where you are coming from.

I think the Germans are focusing too much on distancing themselves from Hitler. They go to such overt lengths,...
i know what you mean - i have several german friends. it seems to me that some germans feel the need to constantly remind the world that they are no longer "like that". i have met several who seemingly have an overwhelming sense of guilt for things that they were really not responsible for. i love my german friends, and i wish they did not feel this way.

Upvote 0

neverforsaken

Proud American now and always
Jan 18, 2005
Hawaii
✟3,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If you choose to wear it, especially complete with medals, patches, and jackboots, why would you expect people to view you in another way? Skinheads, Neo-Nazis, and KKK groups wear the complete ensemble, so naturally you'd be identified with them........But you knew that already.

haha, i doubt i would get confuzed with a nazi though. im waaaaay too dark in skin color. but i just like the color scheme. black white and red. i think black uniforms would look nice if/when we get a space force, but i think the connection would be drawn too close. i mean, black uniforms practically screams fascist.

Upvote 0