Minnesota
✟215,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Ashleigh Merchant, an attorney for Roman, added that a relationship between Willis and Wade resulted “in the special prosecutor, and, in turn, the district attorney, profiting significantly from this prosecution at the expense of the taxpayers.” She claimed that documents in the sealed divorce case would substantiate Roman’s claims and requested the judge order them to be unsealed.
Let's see what Ms. Willis has to say.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ashleigh Merchant, an attorney for Roman, added that a relationship between Willis and Wade resulted “in the special prosecutor, and, in turn, the district attorney, profiting significantly from this prosecution at the expense of the taxpayers.” She claimed that documents in the sealed divorce case would substantiate Roman’s claims and requested the judge order them to be unsealed.
Wade's divorce case is two years old. They had agreed to an 'irreparable breakdown'. Mrs. Wade committed adultery with Mr Wade's best friend. Mrs. Wade wanted the case files sealed now all of a sudden after two years she wants them unsealed.
Sounds to me like Mrs. Wade and someone else who wants to damage the Georgia case are in cahoots together.

That's not to say that there might not be some problems with Nathan Wade's appointment, we'll see.
Trump attorney
Sadow explained, “I don’t have a factual background that I can state to the court that supports that at this point. I’m leery of moving to adopt motions that make such allegations without having a better understanding or substantiation of the allegations.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
  • Informative
Reactions: Valletta
Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Interesting how she paid in cash so often and carried cash with her. It did not make sense why she would have her boyfriend pay for dinner and then reimburse him in cash. Why didn't she just pay for dinner herself? Then it turns out she has $9000 in cash at home but she had to move because of a tax lien on the house. Why not take the cash and pay her taxes?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It did not make sense why she would have her boyfriend pay for dinner and then reimburse him in cash. Why didn't she just pay for dinner herself?
That isn't what she said. She said when it came to eating out sometimes she paid and other times he did, just like with all of her friends and others she ate out with.
Then it turns out she has $9000 in cash at home but she had to move because the IRS put a tax lien on the house.
It was never said that she had $9,000 in cash in her home when there was a lean on her home or that the IRS put a lean on her house.
Do you know how GA collects property taxes? How long do they wait to receive them etc? I don't.
She also said she didn't know there was ever a lean on her home. Could it be that the property tax bill went to that home address where her father was living and she didn't receive it and that maybe her father took care of that, he was the one living there for some time after she had to move out.
Did you know that if someone else pays your delinquent property tax they effectively have a lean on your property? If you owe a contractor money they can put a mechanic lean on your home.
Why not take the cash and pay her taxes?
She explained that she always kept large sums of money in her home. She had been raised to do that and that her father would say that several thousand was not enough. Bills are paid through a bank account.
My father-in-law who died a couple of years ago at 90-something remembered the Depression when many banks failed so he always kept at least two to three months of cash handy to live on and pay the bills in such an emergency.

She didn't have to move because of a lean. Her father lived there and he asked her to move because of the threats she was getting and her grown daughters would come home to visit at that house. It wasn't safe for them.

If you don't believe me go back and watch it again. It's on YouTube.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That isn't what she said. She said when it came to eating out sometimes she paid and other times he did, just like with all of her friends and others she ate out with.
She's alleging these cash payments to him, she explained she didn't want him paying for her (I know sometimes she says she did pay, but what about the other times?) so she paid him back in cash. She has no receipts for the cash. She had to get the cash from somewhere. If out of her bank account, in person or from an ATM, where are the receipts? Where are her bank statements? If she didn't watch her boyfriend's testimony, why did she come into the court so angry? Look, the story about all of this paying in cash with no receipts, should we believe her?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟607,061.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
She's alleging these cash payments to him, she explained she didn't want him paying for her (I know sometimes she says she did pay, but what about the other times?) so she paid him back in cash. She has no receipts for the cash. She had to get the cash from somewhere. If out of her bank account, in person or from an ATM, where are the receipts? Where are her bank statements? If she didn't watch her boyfriend's testimony, why did she come into the court so angry? Look, the story about all of this paying in cash with no receipts, should we believe her? She also said she has no vendetta against Trump and that she did not campaign against Trump, as per the following video:
https://www.tiktok.com/video/7287337771507764526

She wasn't necessarily making matching withdrawals for each transaction. She said she kept cash, had large sums from when she withdrew money to pay for her campaign and from other times, and often had an accumulation from shopping and getting cash back a bit at a time. It's a hassle to get to my credit union and I get charged at other atms. Precovid I would request cash back almost every time I grocery shopped, 1-2x per week, so this doesn't seem unusual to me.

If she's not submitting something for reimbursement to her job or for her taxes, she wouldn't need to keep receipts. I'd actually be more suspicious if someone was keeping receipts from months back for non business related expenditures. It's unknown, however, whether she has "proof" or not. She told them her bank account is not any of their business as she is not on trial.

That said, I'm not 100% convinced she has been truthful about their relationship, but Wade was not her first choice, and the defense is just on a fishing expedition hoping to find something that disqualifies her to save Trump and delay the trial. I don't believe Wade was chosen as a personal financial benefit to herself though, and that is what they are required to prove.

What does that video of Tish James have to do with Fani Willis?

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
She wasn't necessarily making matching withdrawals for each transaction. She said she kept cash, had large sums from when she withdrew money to pay for her campaign and from other times, and often had an accumulation from shopping and getting cash back a bit at a time. It's a hassle to get to my credit union and I get charged at other atms. Precovid I would request cash back almost every time I grocery shopped, 1-2x per week, so this doesn't seem unusual to me.

If she's not submitting something for reimbursement to her job or for her taxes, she wouldn't need to keep receipts. I'd actually be more suspicious if someone was keeping receipts from months back for non business related expenditures. It's unknown, however, whether she has "proof" or not. She told them her bank account is not any of their business as she is not on trial.

That said, I'm not 100% convinced she has been truthful about their relationship, but Wade was not her first choice, and the defense is just on a fishing expedition hoping to find something that disqualifies her to save Trump and delay the trial. I don't believe Wade was chosen as a personal financial benefit to herself though, and that is what they are required to prove.

What does that video of Tish James have to do with Fani Willis?
I understand she doesn't take out cash for every transaction, but there must be a record. As to the video, oops, too much wrongdoing to keep track of.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She's alleging these cash payments to him, she explained she didn't want him paying for her (I know sometimes she says she did pay, but what about the other times?) so she paid him back in cash. She has no receipts for the cash. She had to get the cash from somewhere. If out of her bank account, in person or from an ATM, where are the receipts? Where are her bank statements? If she didn't watch her boyfriend's testimony, why did she come into the court so angry? Look, the story about all of this paying in cash with no receipts, should we believe her?
I don't know whether she is telling the truth or not that is for Judge McAfee to decide. However, it's important that when we share quotes from anyone we paraphrase as accurately as we can and not change what was actually said don't you think?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe she didn't deposit all of her paychecks and just cashed some of them.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Interesting how she paid in cash so often and carried cash with her.

After spending more than two hours tasting wine at a Napa Valley estate with her top prosecutor on the Georgia election subversion case, Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis reached into her purse and pulled out about $400 in cash.

Willis used the money to pay for two bottles of wine – each valued at roughly $150 – and the $50 tasting, according to Stan Brody, who said he hosted Willis and a guest he later learned was Nathan Wade, at Acumen Wines in early 2023.

Brody, who was the estate ambassador for Acumen Wines that day, told CNN he was surprised when Willis paid using hundreds of dollars in cash – a memorable transaction, he said, as such cash sales are rare in Napa Valley. The self-described “news junkie” said his memory was jogged as he watched Willis and Wade testify last week about their romantic relationship and bat down allegations of self-dealing while under oath. ...

In this article, there is a video of Mr. Brody on CNN.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,764.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

‘Star witness’ testifies his claims about Fani Willis were only ‘speculation’

A lawyer billed as the “star witness” in the case to disqualify Fulton County District Attorney Fani T. Willis (D) testified Tuesday that it was mere “speculation” when he told a defense attorney that Willis began a romantic relationship in 2019 with the outside lawyer she appointed to lead the case against Donald Trump, years earlier than Willis has publicly acknowledged.

Terrence Bradley, a former law partner of special prosecutor Nathan Wade, repeatedly testified under oath that he did not know when the relationship between Willis and Wade started and could not remember the date of when he learned about it from Wade, frustrating defense attorneys who had claimed his testimony would “refute” claims by Willis and Wade that their romantic relationship began months after Wade was appointed to manage the Trump case.

Bradley’s testimony also appeared to contradict numerous statements he had made about Willis and Wade in text messages to Ashleigh Merchant, an attorney for Trump co-defendant Mike Roman, who first accused the prosecutors of misconduct and relied on Bradley as a key source. [Was he texting under oath?]

I suggest Trump's supporters wait until after the sworn testimony to start referring to someone as a 'star witness'. This is the third, at least, in two weeks to fizzle out.

• Haha
Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,079.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Who could have predicted that this would be yet another idiotic MAGA in lies and deception?

SAD

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

‘Star witness’ testifies his claims about Fani Willis were only ‘speculation’

A lawyer billed as the “star witness” in the case to disqualify Fulton County District Attorney Fani T. Willis (D) testified Tuesday that it was mere “speculation” when he told a defense attorney that Willis began a romantic relationship in 2019 with the outside lawyer she appointed to lead the case against Donald Trump, years earlier than Willis has publicly acknowledged.

Terrence Bradley, a former law partner of special prosecutor Nathan Wade, repeatedly testified under oath that he did not know when the relationship between Willis and Wade started and could not remember the date of when he learned about it from Wade, frustrating defense attorneys who had claimed his testimony would “refute” claims by Willis and Wade that their romantic relationship began months after Wade was appointed to manage the Trump case.

Bradley’s testimony also appeared to contradict numerous statements he had made about Willis and Wade in text messages to Ashleigh Merchant, an attorney for Trump co-defendant Mike Roman, who first accused the prosecutors of misconduct and relied on Bradley as a key source. [Was he texting under oath?]

I suggest Trump's supporters wait until after the sworn testimony to start referring to someone as a 'star witness'. This is the third, at least, in two weeks to fizzle out.
I don't have much faith in the robustness of arguments made by TrumpFans, but I didn't expect this one to collapse so spectacularly. This little tidbit is particularly juicy:

At the previous hearing, McAfee abruptly ended Bradley’s questioning after a prosecutor claimed during cross-examination that Bradley and Wade ended their legal partnership after Bradley was accused of sexually assaulting an employee and a client. Prosecutors implied it raised questions about Bradley’s credibility as a witness and whether he had ill will toward Wade.

Bradley strongly denied he had sexually assaulted anyone but admitted that the employee’s claims led him to sever his partnership with Wade.

TrumpFans really don't vet anybody, do they?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,764.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Ok, have any of Trump's lawyers ever heard of trial prep? Because there shouldn't be surprises like this happening to them.
Sounds like he was lying to them the whole time.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,764.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Sounds like he was lying to them the whole time.
Relating to your juicy tidbit above, my read is that Bradley wanted to get personal vengeance on Wade, but somehow hoped his name would never be mentioned. By putting Merchant on the trail (if his suspicion had been right) there would be definitive evidence to present. But it looks like his rumor was all they had.

Upvote 0