1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2. Please check out our two newest forums, the "Buy, Sell or Trade" (link ) forum in the Society Category, and the "Conspiracy Theories" (link) forum in our Discussion and Debate Category.

Genesisveracityfoundation.com

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by USincognito, Aug 31, 2011.

1. USincognito

USincognito Stop QWERTYface! Supporter

Faith:
    Atheist
    Driving home this morning I heard a commercial on one of the local talk radio stations for the website. The copy has all the usual Creationist speil - if you don't accept a literal Genesis, then what else in the Bible will you reject. I wrote the URL down and just gave it a Google search. The site is either so new or arcane it didn't have any comments on my McAffee site advisor.

Checking the content, it's so bad that it's barely a Poe. Even Objective Ministries doesn't read like a Coast to Coast AM fan got all YEC and created a website.
    Genesis Veracity Foundation

If it wasn't for the fact that someone paid money to air a commercial promoting this site, I'd have to conclude it was a joke.

2. pgp_protector

pgp_protector Noted strange person

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Christian
    Interesting whois info.

3. Nostromo

Nostromo Brian Blessed can take a hike

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Atheist
    I keep forgetting that some people actually have to put up with this stuff in real life.

4. AV1611VET

AV1611VET SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE Supporter

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Baptist
    What does this sentence mean?

5. Gracchus

Gracchus Senior Veteran

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Pantheist
  6. Incariol

Incariol Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Christian
  7. TerranceL

TerranceL Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Libertarian
    Faith:
    Atheist
  8. Tangaloor

Tangaloor Newbie

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    I know this thread is kind of old, but I thought I'd contribute as I just had an email exchange with one of their "researchers". I like the guys ideas, but he isn't that great a writer and doesn't back up his theories. Thank you for having this conversation, though, because I needed the memory jogger that I heard this on the radio and typed it into a browser. I was having a hard time figuring out where I'd initially heard about this site. Email is in reverse-quote order, so you'll want to read from bottom up:

RE: Genesis Veracity Foundation WWW Form Submission
    James Nienhuis

Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 9:42 AM
    Nine million per day from all over the world. Jim

To: genesisveracity
    Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 09:18:54 -0500
    Subject: RE: Genesis Veracity Foundation WWW Form Submission

No, but since you refuse to back up claims about Atlantis or the origins of the peoples of South America and it has absolutely no bearing on my faith, I refuse to pass on your site to anyone and your audience will thankfully remain that much smaller.

Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 9:06 AM
    To: Joel E. Wilson

Can you refute any of it? Jim

To: genesisveracity
    Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 08:48:45 -0500

Jim,
    If you were just preaching the Word, that would be citation enough, but your site is ostensibly proving (to doubters and unbelievers) the "veracity" of Genesis and, by extension, the whole Bible by talking in scientific terms about archeological and paleantological evidence that supports that what the Bible has always claimed is true. That's a great endeavor and one that I enjoy seeing among other Christian archeologists. It looks like your site is trying to pull all of that together into one place to make it easier to point people to. If you're going to do good to your goal of backing up the "veracity" of Genesis and the Bible and not harm, you'll need scientific cites.
    Sources of Truth outside of the Bible are not bad and while the Bible is in itself sufficiently the full and whole Word of God, the origin of the discipline of science itself was started by Christians to fully explore the wonders of God's creation as a form of worship. Ignoring scientific methods and protocols while trying to convince people of the scientific merits of the claims of the Bible is, in my opinion, destructive to your stated purpose.
    Yours,
    Joel

Sent: Monday, July 30, 2012 11:14 PM
    To: Joel E. Wilson

None of the material can be refuted, that's citation enough. Jim

> To: chris; genesisveracity
    > Subject: Genesis Veracity Foundation WWW Form Submission
    > Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 22:08:49 -0500
    >
    > Below is the result of your feedback form. It was submitted by
    > Joel Wilson on Monday, July 30, 2012 at 22:08:49
    > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >
    >
    > Questions: Who are your primary members? What are your theological and doctrinal backgrounds? I'm certainly intrigued by what I've read, but the citations seem weak and the grammatical structures could really be aided by an editor with a strong command of scientific writing style.
    >
    > Please keep up the good work. Your passion for the subject is nice to see. We need more scientist Chistians (not to be confused with Christian Scientists) challenging the institutional "authority".
    >
    > button: Submit
    >
    > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >
    >

9. miamited

miamited Ted

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    hi tangaloor,

Looks like you've thrown out enough bait but it's not going to be taken. I'd fish elsewhere. However, I read over this site and the Genesispark site and while I'm sure our friend who brought this site to our attention is laughing all the way to his condemnation, it also shows how God can use the wicked to bless the righteous.

If the only two issues, out of the plethora of citated issues that are brought up are the, 'where is atlantis' and 'how was South America populated', I'd say he didn't miss much. Maybe you should consider taking him up on his challenge provide your evidence that Atlantis isn't where he says it is or that the South American continent was populated from some other source.

Let me give you an example.

You wrote: the origin of the discipline of science itself was started by Christians to fully explore the wonders of God's creation as a form of worship.

Do you have citations to back that claim up?

God bless you.
    In Christ, Ted