Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Gender neutrality (adjective form: gender-neutral), also known as gender-neutralism or the gender neutrality movement, describes the idea that policies, language, and other social institutions should avoid distinguishing roles according to people's sex or gender, in order to avoid discrimination arising from the impression that there are social roles for which one gender is more suited than another.

My argument is that to be truly equal, and/or gender neutral all sexs must be represented. Not just one. I should be just as welcome in a gender neutral facility as any other that use them.

gender_neutral.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
During a visit to a Penn State University campus over the weekend i used a gender-neutral restroom. A female student came it to use the restroom while I was in there. It was not a big deal; she did her thing, I did my thing. Nobody saw anything that they shouldn't have seen. We had a nice chat at the sinks and agreed that a gender-neutral restroom worked just fine.

http://thetab.com/us/pennstate/2016/01/22/penn-state-get-gender-neutral-bathrooms-campus-2816

did you check her out?

after all she was a much younger model than yourself....if I may add.

(not trying to be crass, just proving a point)

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Stanford has gender-neutral restrooms throughout our campus, both in the areas that are exclusively for the community - such as in dorms - and for publicly accessible areas. People actually seem to prefer them. Men because they provide a higher level of privacy than in single-gender restrooms, since there are no unenclosed urinals, and women because the lines tend to be shorter. It does require a bit of mental acclimation, though.

Since the 1990s some colleges have had coed bathrooms on dorm hall floors, so it's not an entirely new concept, but is one that is labeled differently. My stepmom graduated from college back then and said she lived in coed on-campus apartments and dorms that had coed bathrooms. Perhaps because it didn't come with any form of label, such as "gender-neutral" or or with the public divisiveness of now, it generated far less of controversy. The layout most often used is a central area with sinks, and then on either side of it stalls with commodes and cubicles with showers. To me, what's most important is a stall or cubicle door that affords privacy and properly locks. The gender of the person barging in on me because of a defective lock is entirely irrelevant.

To add - I've seen many histrionic threads on here to the effect of "Obama wants our teenage daughters to share bathrooms with men! Oh noes!" I'm a teenage woman who shared a bathroom with many men every day last year (this year I'm interning and living off campus), without even the slightest bit of detriment. I never saw the genitalia of either gender because everyone used individual stalls, and not once did I ever feel vulnerable or compromised.

only reason a guy would not like open urinals, is if you have a homosexual checking him out.

which would make me want to use a closed style as well.

not hard to throw up portable walls, done it before.

plumbing not hard to change.

make both boys and girls restrooms have stalls.

problem fixed.

the problem that cannot be fixed is the phone under the stall problem.

as in targets constant issues with men trying to be women, to check out the woman.

predators use gender neutral restrooms as a way to scope out targets.

in colleges this is a main issue.

how many rapes were at stanford last year?

do you even know?

it's important to be up to par before spouting out knowledge.

(I agree that stanford is a good school, I knew a guy that went there)

but oxford is bar none better, and probabably a lot because it does not sit in a liberal strong hold of northern calif. , and has a more focus on business.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have never been in a men's restroom so I asked my husband and sons and they said they had never visited a restroom where there was a row of men standing around with their penis's hanging out. They said that men just get the job done and go.

at least thats what you hope.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Gender neutrality (adjective form: gender-neutral), also known as gender-neutralism or the gender neutrality movement, describes the idea that policies, language, and other social institutions should avoid distinguishing roles according to people's sex or gender, in order to avoid discrimination arising from the impression that there are social roles for which one gender is more suited than another.

gender_neutral.jpeg

My argument is that to be truly equal, and/or gender neutral all sexs must be represented. Not just one. I should be just as welcome in a gender neutral facility as any other that use them.

this is a new term that I don't accept.

it's politically loaded and biased.

find it in an old edition of websters and I will take it into consideration

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
[Staff edit]

Not having ever gone into a G.N. washroom and being a male in gender, I am wondering, are the G.N. washrooms just stalls like any womans washroom, or do they have the urinals as in the men's washrooms as well as the stalls. If it is just stalls, then are the masses trying to de-masculate us men into having to use a stall even if we only need to pee? I will NEVER be using a G.N. washroom

stalls are a demasculation, I agree.

but not only are men being demasculated, they are also being outright attacked as dumb incompetant fathers, and a host of other issues especially with the election.

it's reverse sexism.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
this is a new term that I don't accept.

it's politically loaded and biased.

find it in an old edition of websters and I will take it into consideration
Oh, so you read the very last statement I made..... What is my stance? My first post was at the top of this page.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The comment I originally made was about a gender neutral bathroom.

masculinity is not accepted, yes this is policy in many university campuses.

it's due to many things, and alot due in restroom policy to male on female rapes.

which is a major issue and security concern for universities.

so the easy thing to do is make the liberals happy with unisex.

and make them all stalls.

but again this would have 1/2 the bathroom volume and capacity, or more as you can fit typically three urinals in a stall area.

so it's not fiscally minded, or really having anything to do with money.

it's just liberalism in it's peak in america.

you have to fight it.

fight it by voting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
During a visit to a Penn State University campus over the weekend i used a gender-neutral restroom. A female student came it to use the restroom while I was in there. It was not a big deal; she did her thing, I did my thing. Nobody saw anything that they shouldn't have seen. We had a nice chat at the sinks and agreed that a gender-neutral restroom worked just fine.

http://thetab.com/us/pennstate/2016/01/22/penn-state-get-gender-neutral-bathrooms-campus-2816

In my country, all people with not normal orientation usually live under much discrimination. If they make uninsex restrooms in Kazakhstan, I think maybe people belonging to not normal orientation will be scared to use them. But I think only one way is right according to God's Word. Men must be men, and women must be women. I think it's very clear in the Bible! God call other behaviour as sin! And that they will not go to the Kingdom of God! But many sins happening in society as allowed. Such as drinking alcohol, prostitution or playing in gambling games. Or in my country when man is unfaithful to his wife, society forgives. But when woman doing the same, she strongly judged by all. I don't know restroom mixing for men and women is good or bad, actually. Because if using by men and women with normal orientation, then can be very dangerous? Like raping?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do I as a hedrosexual male, have the right to have a restroom that is befitting of my sexual identity?

If I'm running the show, if I've got square shoulders, a lifted chin and my back is strong then who is going to stop me from resting anywhere that I need to.

[Staff edit]

Running around worrying about rights has always been a thing for the minorities that terrible people like me have trodden on, mostly because we have forgotten what God gave us our strong backs and square shoulders for.

You see we who are the strong in the world can either take what we please, as the world might encourage us to do, or we could take up our calling in the Lord to be servants of the weak and the helpless. Either way the question of "rights" is irrelevant to us.

• Agree
Reactions: mayadanielle
Upvote 0

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There are lots of good reasons to keep gender separate bathrooms. Safety and security is one reason. Urine on the seat is a reason on the women's behalf. Having to be around those steal boxes on the wall is one of the reasons for the men. If someone is having a digestive problem that involves a lot of loud liquid and air, they may be more comfortable having it away from the opposite sex.

Woman may want to spruce up a bit in front of the mirror away from the men, to preserve their beauty secrets.

Us guys should definitely be against gender neutral bathrooms, especially in crowded places. I'm not sure what it is, having to wait to sit, or a line at the mirror, or what, but in a crowded place, the line for the girls tends to be a lot longer. Men can go get the popcorn or hotdogs at an event while the women are in line. Gender specific bathrooms frees us up to get the popcorn for them. For families, it frees dad up to watch the kids while she waits. it's a win-win.

If we get rid of gender neutral bathrooms, either women see men at urinals, which is unacceptable, or men loose the time gains from using a urinal instead of waiting for a stall. It results in a net-loss for bathroom time savings overall.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

What's driving the gender-neutral washroom thing? We don't need these kinds of washrooms. Separate, gender-specific washrooms work perfectly well. There is a very anti-Christian ideology behind these new toilet facilities, one that defies the distinctions between the sexes God has instituted and encourages the transgender madness that is characterizing America's decline (and eventual dissolution). The fundamental issue isn't whether or not someone's privates might be seen but what sort of ideology we will embrace and encourage in our society. Gender-neutral washrooms do not honor the God-ordained uniqueness and distinctiveness of the sexes and so should be rejected.

Selah.

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There are a lot of sexual predators out there in the real world. You don't want to make their jobs easier. For this reason and others, I have no use for all of the unisex bathroom baloney [staff edit]. I think it's wrong unless we're talking about THIRD facilities, and I don't care what others think about my stance. I'm AGAINST it and I'll remain AGAINST it. I'll do everything I can to stop this in my state, and I already know that I'll have lots of help.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Because the system isn't broke. Installing stalls with greater private security isn't a solution at all. It is a mitigation of damage by making the change in the first place. These bathrooms aren't even a common place thing yet and we already have to come up with a way to keep people safe as a result. Avoid the problem altogether, and don't create the issue to begin with.

Upvote 0

shelley1952

May 14, 2016
Illinois
✟8,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Second, there are devices out there called peewee that allow women to pee standing up. I have a friend who uses them when she goes hiking.

[Staff edit]

Archivist, The day you see anyone like me use something like a ""peewee"" device is the day you see me become Pres. of the U.S. I will be darn if I will ever be so un-lady like to use something like that. [Staff edit]

I love your compassion towards this situation :)
Yea I noticed that. Not new

The answer is to leave things the way they are, boys for boys, and girls for girls.
[Staff edit]. It's too simple, we wouldnt have to spend money to change anything, I say let the men use the stool in the mens room if they are a man and sit like a girl. If a female wants to be a man let her use a mans restroom with a peewee whatever or just use the womans restroom like it has been for as many years as I can remember and I am 64.

[Staff edit'

Upvote 0

shelley1952

May 14, 2016
Illinois
✟8,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What's driving the gender-neutral washroom thing? We don't need these kinds of washrooms. Separate, gender-specific washrooms work perfectly well. There is a very anti-Christian ideology behind these new toilet facilities, one that defies the distinctions between the sexes God has instituted and encourages the transgender madness that is characterizing America's decline (and eventual dissolution). The fundamental issue isn't whether or not someone's privates might be seen but what sort of ideology we will embrace and encourage in our society. Gender-neutral washrooms do not honor the God-ordained uniqueness and distinctiveness of the sexes and so should be rejected.

Selah.

So very well said, aiki, and very true, thank you !

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟295,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Archivist, The day you see anyone like me use something like a ""peewee"" device is the day you see me become Pres. of the U.S. I will be darn if I will ever be so un-lady like to use something like that.

For what it's worth, my mom would have loved such a device; she was always complaining about the filthy toilets in the ladies rooms (usually when travelling). Unfortunately, they weren't made when she was alive.

My wife encountered the same problem, and I got her one a few years ago. She really likes it, and carries it as an alternative to sitting on a dirty toilet (they work well with pants). As previously mentioned, they are also very useful for ladies outdoors, far from a restroom; they can simply unzip their pants and go, rather than having to lower them.

http://www.shewee.com/

Reactions: mayadanielle
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟375,279.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
[Staff edit]

Why does it not suprise me that there are people on this site that believe that where we leave our waste matter is something that must be dictated by God?

Our local swimming pool has family change rooms which are unisex...CHANGE ROOMS people. Not places where you #1 or #2; places where you are NAKED.

And you know what? I've been swimming at that pool hundreds of times? Never ONCE has there been an orgy in it while I went to go change. Not only that but generally, family rooms are reported to be a much safer place by the facility management.

This is the most illegitimate fear mongering I have ever read about. Of all the things that are going to be problematic for our future society, it's shocking to me that genderless bathrooms goes anywhere NEAR the top of anyone's list.

Upvote 0