Gaza Heating Up to Something Unprecedented

Nov 4, 2012
✟15,338.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Gaza Heating Up

(Relatives grieve at the funeral of one of the three killed in an attack on Kiryat Malachi, Israel…Getty Images photo shown)

Consider today’s excerpt (Saturday, November 17) from the Wall Street Journal on-line:

“The Israel Defense Forces reported in a statement Saturday morning that they had struck “over 200 targets” including “120 underground rocket launchers and more than 20 smuggling tunnels” on the coastal enclave’s border with Israel, according to the IDF’s website.

IDF spokesman Brig. Gen. Yoav (Poly) Mordechai said Israeli bombs had also struck Hamas’s police headquarters and its homeland security building in Gaza City, the main city in the coastal Palestinian enclave.

The Israeli government is “continuing to amass forces for a possible ground invasion,” the IDF reported.

This came after Palestinian rockets struck near Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, and as neighboring Egypt escalated its own war of words against Israel.

Late Friday, Israel’s cabinet approved the call-up of 75,000 Israeli reservists, more than doubling the number authorized the previous day. Heavy armor and soldiers from two elite brigades continued to mass at staging grounds on the Gaza border. A decision to launch a ground invasion could come within 24 to 36 hours if rocket fire continues, Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon told CNN Friday.”

Note: My guess is that the United Nations will go heavily on this against the actions of Israel, forgetting entirely who were the vicious instigators. It is not enough for the Palestinian authorities to plead that they have no control over the craziness of Hamas. Arafat played that sort of game for years. And now Jerusalem and Tel Aviv have been threatened and attacked. Kudos to the WSN for showing some Israelis suffering for a change. The West seems so soft in constantly endorsing Palestinian whining, and ignoring the daily peril of life in the Jewish homeland. Have we read a foreshadowing of all of this in Zephaniah 2: 1-7? Many on US faith chat-lines think this is possible.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2012
✟15,338.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yes Anti-Christ will slake a thirst for peace, but that thirst is for relief from a tenuous and battle-weary situation. Some interpret the war of Gog-Magag as an event earlier than Armageddon (Ezekiel 38-39) at a time when a sense of security has taken down walls of defence and the enemies of God's people move pre-emptively. Admittedly the whole thing could go on for decades with the entire world wearying of Israel's dilemma; nevertheless people of faith are admonished to "pray for the peace of Jerusalem" and to watch.

Upvote 0

Bethesda

Sep 11, 2012
✟8,601.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Gaza Heating Up

(Relatives grieve at the funeral of one of the three killed in an attack on Kiryat Malachi, Israel…Getty Images photo shown)

Consider today’s excerpt (Saturday, November 17) from the Wall Street Journal on-line:

“The Israel Defense Forces reported in a statement Saturday morning that they had struck “over 200 targets” including “120 underground rocket launchers and more than 20 smuggling tunnels” on the coastal enclave’s border with Israel, according to the IDF’s website.

IDF spokesman Brig. Gen. Yoav (Poly) Mordechai said Israeli bombs had also struck Hamas’s police headquarters and its homeland security building in Gaza City, the main city in the coastal Palestinian enclave.

The Israeli government is “continuing to amass forces for a possible ground invasion,” the IDF reported.

This came after Palestinian rockets struck near Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, and as neighboring Egypt escalated its own war of words against Israel.

Late Friday, Israel’s cabinet approved the call-up of 75,000 Israeli reservists, more than doubling the number authorized the previous day. Heavy armor and soldiers from two elite brigades continued to mass at staging grounds on the Gaza border. A decision to launch a ground invasion could come within 24 to 36 hours if rocket fire continues, Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon told CNN Friday.”

Note: My guess is that the United Nations will go heavily on this against the actions of Israel, forgetting entirely who were the vicious instigators. It is not enough for the Palestinian authorities to plead that they have no control over the craziness of Hamas. Arafat played that sort of game for years. And now Jerusalem and Tel Aviv have been threatened and attacked. Kudos to the WSN for showing some Israelis suffering for a change. The West seems so soft in constantly endorsing Palestinian whining, and ignoring the daily peril of life in the Jewish homeland. Have we read a foreshadowing of all of this in Zephaniah 2: 1-7? Many on US faith chat-lines think this is possible.

Unprecedented? - you mean like Operation Cast Lead in 2008 when Israeli ground forces entered Gaza with the aim of stopping rocket fire into Israel and arms import into the Gaza strip. After the beginning of the conflict, Palestinian groups continued firing rockets in response to what they characterized as "massacres".Israeli forces attacked police stations, military targets including weapons caches and suspected rocket firing teams, as well as political and administrative institutions in the opening assault, striking in the densely populated cities of Gaza, Rafah and elsewhere. Then there was Operation Days of Penitence in 2004 when the IDF entered the northern area of Gaza in response to rocket attacks.
The problem with many people (including those on faith chat lines) is that they have the memory of a gold fish/no knowledge of history - we see the same in the UK where for instance all political history begins in 1997 and people fail to realise that many policies and events in society are repeats of things that happened before. Thats why teaching history in school is important as it avoids people reacting in a way that could be construed as crying wolf.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2012
✟15,338.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Many see the Palestinian territories/cities as fenced up replicas of the Warsaw Jewish Ghetto, and plead that Israel should know better. The situation seems unsolvable. Let us not forget that surrounding Arab nations would not accept desperate Palestinian refugees in 1949 and following. This writer is not claiming that the Jews are blameless, but rather chosen in God's ongoing covenant Plan. And yes we are to pray for the peace of Jerusalem...

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My guess is the Israelis won't listen to the UN (or they might be wiped out)... but of course God does protect them... and only 1/3 die during the tribulation (glad I won't be here)...

Just like Christ explained... we are in the end times... like the birthing pangs of a woman... we are now where they are coming faster, closer together, and more intense...

...when you see ALL these things occurring, LOOK UP for your redemption draws night. :D

But I still pray for the peace of Jerusalem (and may Israel take it back over completely soon!)

Upvote 0

steve_bakr

Christian
Aug 3, 2011
✟22,533.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Many see the Palestinian territories/cities as fenced up replicas of the Warsaw Jewish Ghetto, and plead that Israel should know better. The situation seems unsolvable. Let us not forget that surrounding Arab nations would not accept desperate Palestinian refugees in 1949 and following. This writer is not claiming that the Jews are blameless, but rather chosen in God's ongoing covenant Plan. And yes we are to pray for the peace of Jerusalem...

And we are to pray for the peace of the Palestinians as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BRISH

Loved
Jun 16, 2009
✟15,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes Anti-Christ will slake a thirst for peace, but that thirst is for relief from a tenuous and battle-weary situation. Some interpret the war of Gog-Magag as an event earlier than Armageddon (Ezekiel 38-39) at a time when a sense of security has taken down walls of defence and the enemies of God's people move pre-emptively. Admittedly the whole thing could go on for decades with the entire world wearying of Israel's dilemma; nevertheless people of faith are admonished to "pray for the peace of Jerusalem" and to watch.

^

And we are to pray for the peace of the Palestinians as well.

This is has been my struggle as well. How can you not hurt for the innocent being affected on the other side?

Praying for Israel, for all the innocent, and for God's peace overall.

Upvote 0
S

Servant of Jesus

Imagine what would happen if we could introduce the message of Jesus Christ to Gaza- love your neighbour as yourself; honour the 10 Commandments; worship the Creator God and Him only; repent and sin no more, believe in Jesus Christ, and follow His example of sinless love.

So pray for the Palestinians- that they would accept Jesus and His example of how to live their lives. If they could do this, they would live in complete peace and harmony with their Jewish neighbours, and enjoy a life of prosperity and happiness.

It is so simple.

Upvote 0

LLWHA

May 21, 2007
✟910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Imagine what would happen if we could introduce the message of Jesus Christ to Gaza- love your neighbour as yourself; honour the 10 Commandments; worship the Creator God and Him only; repent and sin no more, believe in Jesus Christ, and follow His example of sinless love.

So pray for the Palestinians- that they would accept Jesus and His example of how to live their lives. If they could do this, they would live in complete peace and harmony with their Jewish neighbours, and enjoy a life of prosperity and happiness.

It is so simple.

The Jews hated Jesus remember they had him murdered. It appears some Palestinians would be his relatives. I have heard there are many Palestinians that are Christians?
They would not live in peace and harmony with their Jewish neighbours they would be hunted down and killed just as Jesus was.

I know there are a few Jews that do believe in Jesus but its a very small number.

Jesus to the Jews in John 8:33 Jesus said unto them, IF God WERE your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but He sent me.
8:34 Why do ye not understand my speech? [even] because ye cannot hear my Word.
8:35 Ye are of [YOUR] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the Truth, because there is no Truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father (inventor) of it.
8:36 And because I tell [you] the Truth, ye believe me not.
8:39 Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?
8:40 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.
8:43 Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.
8:44 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?
8:45 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that He is your God:
8:46 Yet ye have not known Him; but I know Him: and if I should say, I know Him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know Him, and keep His saying.
8:47 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw [it], and was glad.
8:48 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet FIFTY years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
8:49 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was born, I am (ch. 17:5).
8:50 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the Temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.
10:24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
10:25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
10:28 And I give unto them Eternal Life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand.
10:29 My Father, which gave [them] me, is greater than all; and no [man] is able to pluck [them] out of my Father's hand.
10:30 I and [my] Father are at one.
10:31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
11:8 [His] disciples say unto him, Master, the Jews of late sought to stone thee; and goest thou there again?

Upvote 0

marino2duper

Mar 16, 2004
✟299.00
Faith
Non-Denom

:amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

woodpecker

Mar 10, 2011
✟17,212.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I shake my head in dis-belief when I read some of these replies. Why?

The Pharisees, and many Jews believed they thought they knew to a tee how it would all play out when their Messiah came, but they were gravely mistaken.

So many Dispensationalist, do the same, they believe they know to a tee how Christ return will play out.

Israel and Palestine are both sinful nations, both our against the true God=Jesus.

To believe God is still about land and a temple is just really bad theology. Who are Gods children? Does God still care about a piece of land?

A.) God's children: all those who confess Jesus is their Lord and Savior. God does not have two sets of children, Israel and Christians.

B.) The promise land is not a place here on this planet, but the new Jerusalem to come, the new earth and heaven, only for God's children.

to love a group of people (such as Jews) over another group is sin. Christians should be just as concerned for the welfare of the Palestinians as the Israelis-.

There will never peace between the Jews and Muslims.

Upvote 0

Bethesda

Sep 11, 2012
✟8,601.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
LLWHA - The conservative religious leaders hated Jesus because he said things that they didn't like - and NOT the Jews as a group.
To say that the Jews hated Jesus is nothing more than a bigoted statement.

Esp when many of the early believers were Jews

Upvote 0

SanFrank

Islam Lies to Muslims - Facebook
Mar 11, 2009
United States
✟17,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

It is so simple.
Its not so simple. The palestinian mindset is bent on destruction, using human shielding, endless rockets, training the children to don TNT vests, the women to swear into suicide kamikazes; the muslim mindset is something you've never thought possible amongst humans. Islam is morally inverted; their god is vengeful and nothing matters.

I could show you pictures dated 11/20/12, of gaza palestinians dragging another palestinian chained to the back of a motorcycle, to point where the individual has lost half his skin and blood trails for miles, and all because he was accused of spying for israel, (source on request). Palestinians killed more of their own palestinians on accusations of treason in the last squirmish of 1967 than did israel kill palestinians, (source on request).

If you ever tried to even enter gaza, you would be killed instantly just for being a different color, never mind another religion, (source available). Women who chant freedom for palestine and protest on the streets of israel, and ventured too close to a palestinian village, got raped, (source available). I once thought it would be easy to share Christ too until I discovered these hard facts.

I shake my head in dis-belief when I read some of these replies. Why?

The Pharisees, and many Jews believed they thought they knew to a tee how it would all play out when their Messiah came, but they were gravely mistaken.

So many Dispensationalist, do the same, they believe they know to a tee how Christ return will play out.

Israel and Palestine are both sinful nations, both our against the true God=Jesus.

To believe God is still about land and a temple is just really bad theology. Who are Gods children? Does God still care about a piece of land?

A.) God's children: all those who confess Jesus is their Lord and Savior. God does not have two sets of children, Israel and Christians.
You might be in for a surprise. Don't leave it out.
B.) The promise land is not a place here on this planet, but the new Jerusalem to come, the new earth and heaven, only for God's children.
Gd does not call the new Jerusalem "promised land". Christians are not promised land. They were promised heaven. The Jews however were promised land and they stay in Israel today because of that promise eventhough they are surrounded by enemies and have missiles flying overhead. Gd has a hand on this too.
to love a group of people (such as Jews) over another group is sin. Christians should be just as concerned for the welfare of the Palestinians as the Israelis-.

There will never peace between the Jews and Muslims.
Its fair to bless our enemies (palestinian terrorists) to the point of them stoning us, just as Stephen was stoned; though I prefer not to be found in that same spot.

Have you heard of the Armenian genocide of 1915. Very few people know about it. Wikipedia has the story. Over 1,000,000 armenians (christians and non-christians) were ethnically cleansed (murdered and crucified) by ottoman turks (muslims). Its the same murderous mindset israel is fighting against today. Israel faces the holocaust all over again but I know it will not happen due to divine intervention. That is found in zechariah, ezekiel, micah, isaiah and joel.

Upvote 0

woodpecker

Mar 10, 2011
✟17,212.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Gd does not call the new Jerusalem "promised land". Christians are not promised land. They were promised heaven. The Jews however were promised land and they stay in Israel today because of that promise eventhough they are surrounded by enemies and have missiles flying overhead. Gd has a hand on this too."
=======

modern day Jews are not promised any land. There is a covenant given to Abraham, and to his seed,....all those who except Christ are of Abraham's seed, or grafted into the tree of Israel.

The Jews today only have a small portion of the once promised land. Our focus is not on modern day Israel, but on Jesus. A small remnant of Jews will come to Christ as taught in Romans 11.

Upvote 0