Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
A family friends tells FOX 11 News Rep. Giffords woke up from anesthesia & spoke to people in her room & recognized her husband Mark Kelly. about 1 hour ago via web Retweeted by 100+ people

Fox11NewsAZ
Fox 11 News Tucson

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Did I say I was any better then you? Did I ever say I was immune from the sicknessess of hate and irrationality? Did I ever say you were less human then I am?

No, no you didn't. Please forgive me, please don't hurt me. :(

Upvote 0

Gishin

Apr 25, 2008
Midwest City, Oklahoma
✟6,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Aren't you the wise one? Your 20 years on this Earth have given you far more insight into the human condition, and the motivations of those who have been adults 20 times longer than you, than any of us have. The brightness of your intelligence is blinding! Your insight humbles all subject to it. :bow:

I would fear to live near you lest the brilliance of your sheer intellect, and otherworldly wisdom, beget a cascade reaction as you ascend to a higher plane that destroys all life within a 100 mile radius in a blinding flash of radiant light.

You're not anywhere near Nova Scotia, are you?
You got anything else to say other than someone half your age is smarter than you?

Upvote 0

blueapplepaste

the purpose of life is a life of purpose
Jun 7, 2005
Texas
✟18,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Whether this guy was left, right, up, down, center, black, white, it doesn't really matter. He was nuts. Maybe Palin's rhetoric pushed him over the edge, maybe something some liberal said pushed him over the edge. Right now we don't know. But whatever did, he was already a nutter and standing over the edge.

No one person or no political ideology forced this guy to kill and injure innocent lives.

It's extremely sad and disheartening that we have gotten so partisan that even in a tragedy like this, there are some who are trying to score political points.

Have you no shame? Screw the politics, we're humans first, not left/right/Democratic/Republican first. Humans first. Please, just please put aside the partisan bickering and let us pray for the families of those directly affected by this, pray for our country, pray for the shooter, and everyone else affected by this tragedy.

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It is alright. Tension runs high in this thread, which only proves the point Serling and Chaplin made. Hatred and ignorance only fuel more hatred and ignorance in return.

Thank you for allowing me to bask in the warm glow of your enlightened wisdom. My gratitude is eternal. :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
You seem to be trying to bait me into violating the Board's Standards of Conduct. I will do no such thing.

You know, you are rather new, and you've already managed to irritate a number of the more reasonable, centrist posters here. I'd advise you to tone it down a notch or nine.

Upvote 0

LightUpTheNight

Need a Light?
Jan 8, 2011
✟15,126.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
You know, you are rather new, and you've already managed to irritate a number of the more reasonable, centrist posters here. I'd advise you to tone it down a notch or nine.

I stand by what I wrote, but I hope you all know it does not apply to everyone, least of all centrists and moderates.

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Dude what's your issue?

Just showing my hatred and ignorance, I guess. :)

I guess you failed to note LightUpTheNight's blanket condemnation of everyone, whether left or right. And wow! That username! Here he is at 20, lighting up the night of our ignorance, and banishing it, for everyone, again, both left and right! Truly we are blessed to have him among us. And I pay him the proper homage. :bow:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LightUpTheNight

Need a Light?
Jan 8, 2011
✟15,126.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Actually my name was a reference to the Aurora Borealis, something my parents frequently spoke of from their days living in Alaska. And no, I do not pretend to be better then anyone, and unless you can prove I did, you are not going anywhere with this argument.

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
And no, I do not pretend to be better then anyone, and unless you can prove I did, you are not going anywhere with this argument.

Au contraire, you sure came into this thread burning with righteous wrath for everyone else here. If you don't think that sort of introduction is going to give that impression.... Well.... :sorry:

Last edited:
Reactions: Avatar
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Nutcases are nutcases, but it takes something for them to go off, something to direct their anger down a certain route, or towards a certain person or institution. Until we know more, we have no idea what this might be, but make no mistake, it's there. It might have been innocuous, it might have been pointed, but sometimes all it takes is to set someone down a path of destruction is to plant a small idea in their head and let it fester.

In other words, before someone goes off the boil, the temperature has to be raised, because people don't just spontaneously combust.
That's right, you have no idea what it might be. Do not blame what Palin or anyone else says or does until you have real evidence that it was so.

Upvote 0