GA Public School Teachers Bullied NonTheist First Grader Until He Joined In Daily Class Prayer

Yoder777

Senior Veteran
Nov 11, 2010
✟22,581.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Though I love my country, stories like this make me concerned that my children will receive possible discrimination for their religious beliefs or lack thereof:
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/1...grader-until-he-joined-in-daily-class-prayer/

Here is another story in which a Buddhist student was humiliated by his teacher for not believing in God:
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/20...eligions-transfer-bible-belt-lawsuit-alleges/

Thankfully, I don't live in the Bible Belt. Why is it that right-wing fundamentalist Christians think they are the only religious group whose beliefs are protected by the Constitution? Remember, Kim Davis wouldn't even answer whether or not Muslims should receive the same religious exemptions she claimed for herself:

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
This is were freedom meets God. In God we trust, leaves no freedom for the young to choose while growing up. If: The child decides to renounce introduction to good morality training at a common ground age decided by "the people" then that is his right. A child has no right, for the child is dependent. Taking God out of public schools has led our nation to this present day destruction that serves the dollar not morality training (fellow man) and or God. The child has no introduction to Matthew 6:24 that shapes good conscious in the human clay of the mind. We know it for a fact (Us old people) that lived in a government well seated in "Moral Conscious training/God/For the people by the people" of 60 years ago. Because this nation has folded under "In God we Trust" it trusts money now that has no morality and the Christian continues to feed it in a tax that actually should challenge the Christian, "do I do the right thing in supporting my government in these issues by proxy" (Tax payer) , Taking Jesus out of basic training/Public Schools, ISIS, global warming, continued fossil fuel support from my recliner (paying taxes) that is destroying this earth, digital dollar that gives the bank (Money Worshiper, imperial mind set, 1%ter) control of our lives. If I support these am I a Christian by continuing to pay taxes? Just sayen ... Keep on foolen ourselves under the Christian logo...Pay the master of our lives (U.S. tax). Its not God we serve, Money is the master here in this country. Thanks for the rant.. This ole coot will say this however. Christians still have the numbers in this country... We are LEGION family, but we got to rest control back of this complacency in continued trust of money masters/Government 1%ters or we are no Christian that pays somebody to kill fellow Christians ISIS from a recliner. If a candidate is not talking 90% 10% (The tax scale of 60 years ago where the 1%ter paid the 90) they serve the dollar not us. We people (Christian Nation) need to wake up to the LIE we call ourselves Christian but pay a dollar worshiper (Todays Government) that in reality makes the dollar OUR master too Matthew 6:24 ignored. Our Spirit vs Money/Tax payer.
Why not pay into this any more is the challenge! Refuse to pay and hold that dollar under hostage and I bet it will clear your soul as it has mine for 9 years now.

FYI middle and poor pay 80% today of the tax scale. Thus, class wars. Trump told us the system is broken but it did not electrify us to change it. Thus this one pays no more taxes until the dollar is removed from the electoral process. It clears my conscious to challenge you out there in digital wonder land ... Stand with me, or live in the lie we are Christians that kill Christians by proxy/ Tax Payer who supports ISIS from a recliner.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Unfortunately, there are still school districts where it's general practice to abuse students who aren't part of the "approved" list of beliefs. We need to slap them down hard, until they are willing to let all students practice their religion (or lack of it) without interference.

A child has no right, for the child is dependent.

Parents, not the government, are to decide in what faith, if any, the child will be brought up. Public schools have no business at all interfering in any way with that decision.

Upvote 0

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Your view is understood . I challenge that this country falls into a non choice of the premise that in God we trust. When we as a people no matter race has no right under a (Public School umbrella) to mix mans laws perceived feelings of freedom to basic Morality training... God. If a parent has a problem with that home school or private school is the option. Proof of removing God from schools comes from a man, no God, to do so, right? So, no morality training, lets make the dollar God under the term FREEDOM (Mans freedom). As we see today in Christians funding ISIS to kill brothers and sisters from our recliners in a money is our God nation/government by paying taxes. I think not brother, I'll just sit back and watch us destroy us and not pay into a tax anymore for a dollar has no Morality to it.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There are two sides of the religion coin...while the big dog in the yard (which in this nation, is Christianity) typically tries to throw their weight around a bit...they're also subject to the most criticism, least protections, and most double-standards in terms of public perception and attitudes from secular media.
(and I'm saying this as an Atheist)...

I'll provide one such example...and I'm not trying to pick on you here Yoder, just using your quote to demonstrate what I mean about the double standards.

Thankfully, I don't live in the Bible Belt. Why is it that right-wing fundamentalist Christians think they are the only religious group whose beliefs are protected by the Constitution?

If you notice, when you posted this, you got zero backlash from the non-theists or progressives on this message board.

However, if I were to make this exact same statement, changing "Bible Belt" to "Middle East", and "Christians" to "Muslims"...I'd most certainly get an immediate backlash from progressives and my fellow atheists accusing me of everything from 'broad-brushing' to 'islamaphobia'.

In our current climate, it's socially acceptable to use the doctrine of Christianity to project certain traits on the entire Christian community...yet it's considered borderline "hate speech" if someone were to do that for another religion.

Upvote 0

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Spirit has many names not just God. Call it Morality training. If one believes in something bigger than self what is in a word for whats inside of the head in etherealness termed belief ? Like theocracy, Christian, God, Buddhist, Muslim? These are all the same, they are but words out of the mouths of people to take hold of thought to the physical. Even God in terminology is a man made word to evoke a thought process none of us can grab for it is in thought/etherealness lol. The area of no understanding, right? Thus,

1 Cor 1:20-22 Where is the wise? where is the Scribe? where is the disputer of this world? Hath not God made foolish the wisedome of this world?What could the wise men of the gentiles do against this? or the Jewish scribes? or the disputers of this world?
21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

This speaks of that etherealness inside we have no name for so we create a religion termed theology . Just so happened God is the term we trust . Because man has freedom of law lets take GOOD out of school and demonize it for it falls under a term of God.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Your view is understood . I challenge that this country falls into a non choice of the premise that in God we trust. When we as a people no matter race has no right under a (Public School umbrella) to mix mans laws perceived feelings of freedom to basic Morality training... God. If a parent has a problem with that home school or private school is the option. Proof of removing God from schools comes from a man, no God, to do so, right?
That could be the same for religious people. If they don't like God not being taught, they could send their kids to religious school. Also men were the ones that had religion put in school in the first place. But no kid should be forced into prayer at school. It's not part of education.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Enjoying all the "we don't want a theocracy, we just want people forced to act in accordance with our religious beliefs" type justifications. Looking forward to the more to inevitably follow. *popcorn*

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
00bd6a6ff9ab35e87347132609fa2a7e.jpg

Reactions: Grizzly
Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Spirit has many names not just God. Call it Morality training. If one believes in something bigger than self what is in a word for whats inside of the head in etherealness termed belief ? Like theocracy, Christian, God, Buddhist, Muslim? These are all the same, they are but words out of the mouths of people to take hold of thought to the physical. Even God in terminology is a man made word to evoke a thought process none of us can grab for it is in thought/etherealness lol. The area of no understanding, right?

It is not morality training, it is religious indoctrination. Something the government should not do or support, according to the first amendment.

What if that school taught a flavor of Christianity that was not what your family practiced?

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
backlash from progressives and my fellow atheists accusing me of everything from 'broad-brushing' to 'islamaphobia'.

Not from this atheist, you wouldn't. I see no reason to give Islam a pass when Christianity does not get one.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
However, if I were to make this exact same statement, changing "Bible Belt" to "Middle East", and "Christians" to "Muslims"...I'd most certainly get an immediate backlash from progressives and my fellow atheists accusing me of everything from 'broad-brushing' to 'islamaphobia'..
Pretty sure the first amendment of the US doesn't cover the Middle East, actually.

*always bemused when Americans forget that their laws stop at their borders*

Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yoder writes:
Thankfully, I don't live in the Bible Belt. Why is it that right-wing fundamentalist Christians think they are the only religious group whose beliefs are protected by the Constitution?

Miniver writes:
If you notice, when you posted this, you got zero backlash from the non-theists or progressives on this message board.

However, if I were to make this exact same statement, changing "Bible Belt" to "Middle East", and "Christians" to "Muslims"...I'd most certainly get an immediate backlash from progressives and my fellow atheists accusing me of everything from 'broad-brushing' to 'islamaphobia'.

Do you suppose it's due to the relative frequency of fundamentalist Christian teachers and administrators abusing children in public schools as opposed to that of fundamentalist Muslims teachers and administrators doing so? I expect that it is. We generally don't fear that relatively powerless minorities will abuse our rights, especially those who are frequently disliked.

I don't know of anyone living in the U.S., other than a fundamentalist Muslim who supports the kind of religious oppression going on under ISIS or the Saudi government. And since I would be offended if someone conflated Christianity with fundamentalist Christianity, I make that same distinction for Muslims.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Pretty sure the first amendment of the US doesn't cover the Middle East, actually.

*always bemused when Americans forget that their laws stop at their borders*
What in the world are you talking about?

He was talking about progressive atheists who are more than happy to judge and attack christians but call any and all criticism of islam hateful and bigoted.

*always amused when a non-american exposes a bigoted opinion about americans*

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

He was talking about progressive atheists who are more than happy to judge and attack christians but call any and all criticism of islam hateful and bigoted.

I think the point is that we can't really apply our standards in the U.S. to other nations, whether they might be officially Christian, officially Islamic, or whatever. I can only point out that in our society, religious oppression generally comes from people of the dominant religion. Which is not surprising; that's probably true in almost all societies.

But it does affect perceptions. Go figure.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

Always with the projection.

Of course this statement is a false dilemma. Personally I would give it an immediate backlash not by the content or who it is about, but simply by virtue of who said it....

Truthfully I can say, thankfully, I don't live in the middle east. Why is it that right-wing fundamentalist Muslims think they are the only religious group whose beliefs are protected by God?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Well, the end of the original statement was "whose beliefs are protected by the Constitution" which doesn't have the same sting of hypocrisy when applied to Muslims in the Middle East, where most countries do not have secular constitutions.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0