Ohio
✟16,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
I'm going to take the absence of any mention of critical condition to mean that the son is going to be just fine in the end. I'm glad for that, at the very least. :) It's sad that this happened, though; partisanism rears its ugly head yet again.

Also, as I was reading the article, I came across this...

Father Nadaf is openly active on behalf of the integration of Arab Christians into Israel’s mainstream and is the spiritual leader of a forum for the enlistment of Christian youth in the IDF. He has been excommunicated by the Orthodox Church Council, subjected to death threats and has been the target of verbal attacks from Arab MKs. Science, Technology and Space Minister Yaakov Peri (Yesh Atid) condemned the attack on his Facebook page on Saturday, and said he expected the Arab parties in the Knesset to condemn it as well.
I wonder why Fr. Nadaf was excommunicated? Was it over his political involvements? What do you all make of this?

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I wonder why Fr. Nadaf was excommunicated? Was it over his political involvements? What do you all make of this?

prolly not for political reasons, unless his politics got in the way of the Faith.

Upvote 0

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The IDF persecutes Arab Christians on the West Bank and the Gaza, and in Jerusalem itself (. I am sorry for the attack on his son, but this priest is wrong to encourage Christians to enlist in IDF. He's expecting them to participate in the persecution of their brothers and sisters in Christ? How can any Orthodox enlist in the IDF? How is that any different than the bishops and Orthodox priests who became part of the Living Church during the Communist regime?

Lord have mercy on the boy who was attacked.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I think an infatuation with rabbinic Judaism cause some to be BLIND to the false claims of that Christ denying religion and BLIND to the atrocities committed by Israel.

What is your point Greg? Muslims also deny Christ and have done and continue to do atrocities to Orthodox Christians. They are both wrong.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The IDF persecutes Arab Christians on the West Bank and the Gaza, and in Jerusalem itself (. I am sorry for the attack on his son, but this priest is wrong to encourage Christians to enlist in IDF. He's expecting them to participate in the persecution of their brothers and sisters in Christ? How can any Orthodox enlist in the IDF? How is that any different than the bishops and Orthodox priests who became part of the Living Church during the Communist regime?

Lord have mercy on the boy who was attacked.

I agree. My prayers for the priest's son and family.

Upvote 0