TheOtherHockeyMom

Contributor
Jul 9, 2008
✟14,889.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
So, I was thinking about a thread about climate change, but looking around for resources that I can access from home seemed a bit inefficient. I did find a fun quiz, though, and spent a pleasant amount of time racking my brain to see what I remembered from other fields. If you like this kind of stuff, have fun! No googling :)
Are you scientifically literate? Take our quiz - Composing about 78 percent of the air at sea level, what is the most common gas in the Earth's atmosphere? - CSMonitor.com

Reactions: S.ilvio

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I got 25 out of the first 35 and then the website crashed.

Edit: with dad as a helpline and a bit of educated guessing (I totally got that James Joyce quark question) I got to 39 out of 50. Not bad for an English major, I think.

Read A Short History of Nearly Everything, people!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
46/50

Missed Embryo/Blastocyst/Zygote, Eris/Ceres/Nyx, Molybdenum/Palladium, and The cloud one.

A lot of these were legit questions about facts but some just had to do with convention (what letter/greek letter do we use) or nomenclature.

Upvote 0

TheOtherHockeyMom

Contributor
Jul 9, 2008
✟14,889.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
46/50

Missed Embryo/Blastocyst/Zygote, Eris/Ceres/Nyx, Molybdenum/Palladium, and The cloud one.

A lot of these were legit questions about facts but some just had to do with convention (what letter/greek letter do we use) or nomenclature.

Missed 3 of those 4. Knew the Molybdenum/Palladium one primarily because of where I live. Should have remembered the Eris/Ceres/Nyx one, but the cloud nomenclature was sure a long time in the past :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
46/50

See, that's where liberal arts come in: I guessed Palladium. Guess that year of ancient Greek I took paid off.

Somewhat.

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
50 Correct 0 Wrong
You answered 50 of 50 questions correctly for a total score of 100%.

Some were half guesses based on the hints in the question - like the Greek words and stuff - but I think that the quiz was aimed at high-school level science.

Upvote 0

Needing_Grace

Chief of Sinners
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
✟11,799.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
50 Correct 0 Wrong
You answered 50 of 50 questions correctly for a total score of 100%.

Some were half guesses based on the hints in the question - like the Greek words and stuff - but I think that the quiz was aimed at high-school level science.

:bow: I'm not worthy.

I got 37/50. I need more science classes. :)

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I suspect the people here who post the most about science need them more than you do. I'm guessing most people won't get more than half.

I learned everything I need to know about science from the Old Testament and Halliburton and good old fashioned common sence, ever hear of it? I didn't like the Marxist slant of the quiz.

Upvote 0