✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Read every sick word of it.

The man can twist everything to his benefit.

But his call is to Vote Bush out or face the terrorists.

But who ever is President must abandon Isreal or Make them leave their country.
For Isreal is their land, and no peace will be allowed as long as Isreal exists.

I do say we let Isreal handle their affairs. They can end this, if the world leaves them alone. The Isreals know more then anyone in the world how to deal with terrorists. If they give in to terrorists they will cease to exist.

So remember, if you vote for Bush you are voting to fight terrorists.

Upvote 0

ShadowAspect

Sep 8, 2004
✟8,079.00
Faith
Pagan
Sycophant said:
That is an incredibly articulate communication.

I would never condone the actions taken by bin Laden in fighting his war, but I feel he does make a very strong attempt to explain them in there.

and at a time when he knew people would take notice, if not of the message, then at least of the fact than he gave a message.

Upvote 0

Sycophant

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard
Mar 11, 2004
Auckland
✟13,070.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually, one thing I am really interested in there was his claims that he tried to express his concerns a number of times before he took the actions for which he is now infamous in interviews with a number of journalists. I may go hunting for transcripts later on.

I wouldn't doubt it at all, but I imagine it was largely ignored. He could have kept talking for ever, but nothing short of the events of September 11 would have really got any intention. Of course, once you make a statement in that way it's pretty hard to get anyone to listen to you at all.

Upvote 0

ShadowAspect

Sep 8, 2004
✟8,079.00
Faith
Pagan
Maybe you are right, I was just thinking that he is probably counting on it for the time being. There is no doubt that many Americans we read it and not take in anything it says.
But a year or two down the line... maybe if America is becomming bankrupt, people might think 'OBL warned of this, what else did he say?'

If this war drags on, people will start ignoring rhetoric like "They hate our Freedoms" and start asking questions like, 'Why do they really hate us?',

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,665.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
His message is heard, and much of it is accurate, but no way will I let him off for what he did. 2 wrongs don't make a right, and he will be brought to justice. I just wish the same could be said towards Bush, who will probably live comfortably after this years election.

Upvote 0

BobbieDog

Jul 12, 2004
✟2,373.00
Faith
Other Religion
The speech makes clear what has always been suspected: that while our side is led by dishonest and deluded politicians (certainly until post-Tuesday); the other side is capable of full and honest thought.
They remain outgunned: but who can say what the edge given by integrity and dedication might be; an enemy with realism and truth on their side, may yet prove beyond our capacity to defeat.
Having truth and reality on your side, would seem a precondition of having God on your side: which would leave us out in the cold.
It seems telling, that while UBL can get his message centre stage in the US American run-up: that we seem unable to locate AQ, never mind get our message centre stage with them.
The lumbering power of the US elephant against the clever Muslim mouse. It begins to look more and more that UBL, like Ho Chih Min and Fidel Castro, can outlast the American Lardtub.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
G

goodoldboy

I am not sure what Osama's intention was--to turn America against Bush, or for Bush, or just to divide America against itself. I can't say. But neither can I disagree with a single word he said, except when he says "Allah is our helper." I agreed with almost all of it before he said any of it. His level of reason transcends anything I have seen from American politicians. And it is very disturbing to me that I am siding with Osama bin Laden more than anyone else.

Upvote 0

Sycophant

Mar 11, 2004
Auckland
✟13,070.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
goodoldboy said:
I agreed with almost all of it before he said any of it. His level of reason transcends anything I have seen from American politicians. And it is very disturbing to me that I am siding with Osama bin Laden more than anyone else.

That was sort of my sentiments too. Despite his brutality, it is quite clear he is a very intelligent and considered person.

Upvote 0

spector13

May 26, 2004
Cranston, RI
✟7,658.00
Faith
Pentecostal
ShadowAspect said:
I'd just like to say thank you for posting that. I read it, as I have read anything I can find of his that has been translated into English. I think everybody should, because there is a huge misunderstanding about what he stands for, (or says he stands for, you decide)
I Don't ...
Misunderstanding ...
I quote...
"No-one except a dumb thief plays with the security of others and then makes himself believe he will be secure."

So is he a dumb thief for playing with our security....?!?

"and gave birth to a strong resolve to punish the oppressors."

Didn't his organization oppress his own people and what about the women...

Give me a break....If you want to understand a madman who kills 3000 working men and women without warning or declaration....come on... this makes me sick and my heart aches for those who would even stop to consider his side....

Next time the Devil stops by I don't think I will engage him in a conversation about why he was so full of pride....

Upvote 0

BobbieDog

Jul 12, 2004
✟2,373.00
Faith
Other Religion
spector13 said:
Give me a break....If you want to understand a madman who kills 3000 working men and women without warning or declaration....come on... this makes me sick and my heart aches for those who would even stop to consider his side.... ...
I share your sentiment, but lay it on a different doorstop: I just don't understand how people can sustain the focused determination that UBL be brought to justice for the TTs; when the USA under one leader has wreaked far greater carnage. Nonetheless I don't let this stop me trying to understand the USA and what it does: it is always important to continuously refresh the striving to understand everyone's side.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sycophant

Mar 11, 2004
Auckland
✟13,070.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When the fighter are dressed in uniforms they are soliders and you are fighting a war. When they look like you or I they are terrorists and are engaging in terrorism.

It isn't that simple of course, but it isn't that far from the truth either.

Upvote 0

Street Smarts

Oct 7, 2004
✟1,236.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
MAn I read it and I fill like I have seen the same things posted on democraticunderground.com by some of their conspiracy theorists that post there.

It makes me want to puke that any person especialy an American would even consider what this man says as any sort of truth.

Reactions: Brad'sDad
Upvote 0

ShadowAspect

Sep 8, 2004
✟8,079.00
Faith
Pagan
but most of it is the truth an is something that people (besides OBL) in the middle east have been saying for decades.

Know thy enemy as thy know thy self. You cannot defeat what you fail to understand.
Never hate your enemy because if you do you will fail to respect them. Danger should always be treated with respect and never underestimated. That alone is reason to read his speaches and try to understand them.
The truth is that terrorism is never beaten, it is only ever contained until political solutions are found to the causes... thats just the way it is, failiure to aknowledge this will lead to making the situation worse. And that's what has happend thus far.

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Sycophant said:
That is an incredibly articulate communication.

I would never condone the actions taken by bin Laden in fighting his war, but I feel he does make a very strong attempt to explain them in there.

Well I have to say I think first he is nuts. Not nuts in the sense of incoherent, clealry he is coherent, articulate as you say but in my estimation a sociopath.

Example:

Finally, it behooves you to reflect on the last wills and testaments of the thousands who left you on the 11th as they gestured in despair. They are important testaments, which should be studied and researched.

Beyond that what I find most interesting is the intricate knolwedge of world happenings and imparticular of course the US which obvioulsy means either his cave is equipped with satellite or that cave is condo somewhere. Translation it would not appear he is on the run moving around, living hand to mouth as the current admin would have you believe.

Upvote 0

Zoot

Omnis Obstat
Sep 7, 2003
State Highway One
Visit site
✟28,710.00
Faith
Buddhist
An awful lot of his criticism of American and Israeli terrorism echoes my own. As Syco says, it's very articulate. I don't approve of targeting civilians, but it interests me that it was after the 1982 massacres in Lebanon that he first considered these things.

It seems to me that it was bound to happen sooner or later - brutalise enough civilians and eventually someone's going to do the same to you. The American public need to stop listening to what their government tells them and start discovering what their government is doing.

Upvote 0