✟70,310.00
Country
China
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to fruit and truth devotions

Be blessed as you read, pray and listen, if you have enjoyed them, please share.

I believe these devotions and the sermons to be spiritual dynamite. I want to reach as many as I can, if you have any friends, who wish to receive them. Please ask them to subscribe by emailing me at keitherichobkirk@hotmail.com

THE LIVING BIBLE: GOD'S CHILDREN

“Even in his own land and among his own people, the Jews, he was not accepted. Only a few would welcome and receive him. But to all who received him, he gave the right to become children of God. All they needed to do was to trust him to save them. All those who believe this are reborn!—not a physical rebirth resulting from human passion or plan—but from the will of God…John 1:11-13.”

So many people today have rejected Jesus. Times haven't changed. When he came to his own people, they rejected Him and many in Israel today are still looking for the Messiah. They don't understand that He has already come.

Only a very few will welcome Jesus into their hearts, but look at what they become. They become Sons and Daughters of God… Wow! You may not be anything in people's eyes, but in God's eyes, you are a son and daughter of the King of Kings. Your father is the One who made the universe.

How is this done? If we go forward two chapters to the discourse of Jesus to Nicodemus, it is through the supernatural operation of the Holy Spirit as the person concerned puts their faith and trust in the finished work of Christ at sacrifice of Calvary. Believer you have been reborn. You have the greatest privilege anyone can have - to be a son and daughter of the kings of kings Wow that should make you so happy.

It does me!!!

God bless you, Keith

FLEETING OPPORTUNITIES

“Make the most of your chances to tell others the Good News. Be wise in all your contacts with them. Let your conversation be gracious as well as sensible, for then you will have the right answer for everyone…Colossians 4:5-6.”

Life is short, very short. We have a very limited time on earth, and we are to take every single opportunity we have to reach as many people as we can. We have numerous opportunities to share our faith. Some are with people we will probably never come into contact with again. Opportunities are fleeting.

This verse tells us that in all our contacts with people, we can even put people off by how we approach them and certainly by our mannerisms and attitude. But especially by our speech, we want so much to share the gospel, that we forget that the hearer has legitimate questions, they want to hear of that hope that is within you. Yet, we seek to virtually throw it down people's throats without listening to them. That's why we have two ears and one mouth.

How many people have been put off by our attitude, but especially by our speech? We speak over them; we push our literature in their face or we even run after them begging them to take a tract. Did Jesus ever do that? Did the apostle Paul or Peter or Stephen? They spoke firmly and truthfully, but they spoke with graciousness and sensitivity. Our job when we witness is to draw people to Jesus not drive people away from Him.

Which are you doing?
God bless you
Keith

WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO FOR YOU?

Matthew 20

29 And as they were going out of Jericho, a great throng accompanied Him.

30 And behold, two blind men were sitting by the roadside, and when they heard that Jesus was passing by, they cried out, Lord, have pity and mercy on us, [You] Son of David!

31 The crowds reproved them and told them to keep still; but they cried out all the more, Lord, have pity and mercy on us, [You] Son of David!

32 And Jesus stopped and called them, and asked, What do you want Me to do for you?

33 They answered Him, Lord, we want our eyes to be opened!

34 And Jesus, in pity, touched their eyes; and instantly they received their sight and followed Him.

What a day that must have been! These men sat day after day
on the side of the road and heard that on this day,
Jesus was passing by. Note that He was passing by,
but not passing them by. We are often in peoples lives for a short time,
but it is not about the length of time we spend in other peoples lives,
but it is about the effect that we have on them that matters.

Jesus was in a great throng of people, just like we are today. But His ears and heart were
sensitive to the cry of these two men. Likewise, we need to be sensitive
to the cries of hurting people in today's world.
We live in a hustle-bustle world, and need to pray that our
hearts and ears and tuned to the cries of the needy and hurting

When people cry out to us, we should be sensitive to their cries.
Men and women today are crying out to us, for answers to heal their lives. We have that answer in Jesus!
So let us be quick to respond and to hear their
cry as Jesus did.

We need to dig below the surface of people's lives.
If you have ever seen an iceberg, only 10-20% is visible... the rest is beneath the surface.

Please note FOUR things..

First, the crowd tried to silence them; they told them to be quiet.
Hurting people are crying out all around you, but there are
voices that are telling them (and us) to be quiet.
Jesus wanted to hear them, and He wants us to hear them also.
We are never to tell these people to be quiet.

Secondly, Jesus stopped... and so must we. Nothing is more
important than stopping. What we are doing to respond to the cries
of the hurting people in the world? Maybe it is time for you to stop
and hear the cries of the hurting people around you.

Thirdly, Jesus asked them what they wanted Him to do for them.
We need to ask people what help they need, and not wait for them to take the initiative and tell us.
Sometimes in church, we say, "If they need anything.. they will let us know."
But often people are nervous about saying anything, so we must take the initiative.

Fourthly, we must have the same compassion Jesus had.
Jesus said that we would do greater works than he did:
John 14:12.
Peter and John as they walked into the temple had no money to give that man..
but they gave Him JESUS and so can we.
Physically speaking, we can't open eyes, but through
the power of the Holy Spirit, we can share the love of Jesus.

The men recognised who Jesus was... the Son of David.
Jesus always responds to the person who truly recognises who He is truly is.
The religious leaders did not recognise him as God!
But
John 1:12, it says, 'as many as believed Him, He gave them power
(the right) to become children of God.' Have you acknowledged Jesus for who He is
and cried 'Have mercy on me a sinner'?

Jesus asked the men a question in verse 32.. what do you want
ME to do for you? He asks the same question of you today.

What is your answer?

The answer the men gave is the one and only true answer. To have their eyes opened to the truth; to see spiritually and to encounter God!

If you wish to encounter God and to have your eyes
opened, please say this:

Father God. I have sinned and broken your commandments and I come to you Asking for forgiveness, admitting I am a sinner and believing that
Jesus died for me on the cross. I ask that the blood of Jesus cleanses me from all my sin and that JESUS comes to take over my life and
I promise to follow and serve you for the rest of my life.

A prayer cannot save you, but it must be the true desire of your heart to give your life to Him and trust in Him alone.

In Jesus name.

Amen

God bless you

Keith

SOAK IN SCRIPTURE

FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT SERIES

The Fruit of the Spirit is Faithfulness (Part 1)

Brian Cochran
| The Fruit of the Spirit

sermonaudio.com/sermon/930121848422

The Fruit of the Spirit is Faithfulness (Part 2)

Brian Cochran

sermonaudio.com/sermon/930121854205

The Fruit of the Spirit is Gentleness

Brian Cochran

sermonaudio.com/sermon/10812125770

The Fruit of the Spirit is Self-Control (Part 1)

Brian Cochran

sermonaudio.com/sermon/101412225633

The Fruit of the Spirit is Self-Control (2): Tongue Taming

Brian Cochran

sermonaudio.com/sermon/10141223354

Self-Control (Part 3): Battling Lustful Thoughts

Brian Cochran

sermonaudio.com/sermon/1021121553332

The Fruit of the Spirit is Pursuing Excellence