✟70,310.00
Country
China
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1 JOHN 4

10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

THE EVIDENCE OF GOD'S LOVE

John is the apostle of love; he is the one who was closest to Jesus. He was the one who leaned on Jesus at the last supper. He was one of the three on the Mt of Transfiguration and he was the only one standing at the cross, so he above anyone else can give us the unique perspective on God's love.

The love that God gave and has given us is completely unearned and undeserved. In fact, we deserve Hell, judgement and punishment. I know that I do.

Now God could have kept that love to Himself. He could have said, “Well, I really do love humanity and indeed I feel sorry for them, but they got themselves into this mess. Let them get themselves out of it”.

Now there is a long word at the end of the verse, what does this word mean? In the Greek it means Hilasmos. It means a sacrifice that turns away God's wrath and turns it into favour.

The problem man had was impossible for him to conquer on his own. Someone had to come down and deal with Sin. What Jesus did was to take God's full righteous anger and justice to declare us righteous and justified. I, for one, can't get my head fully round what God did in reconciling us to himself.

God's love was in evidence in Him dealing with sin. Jesus came to be the propitiation for our sins; He came and died to turn our judgement into righteousness our condemnation into justification and our bondage into freedom.

We now have God's favor because of the sacrifice of Jesus. Let us never lose sight of the glory of the cross.

Archibald Brown penned these amazing words.

Before God could forgive a sinner in accordance with His infinite holiness and perfect justice — think what had to be done, sacrificed, and suffered! Measure God's pardon, by the obstacles His pardoning love overcame— and then you can form some idea of its intensity.

God has fathomed His love and pity in one text, "God SO loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son." That little word "so" contains more than Heaven or Earth can describe. In it, is the heart of God; in it, is the depth of pardoning love. Oh think for a minute what that pardon cost, which now makes your soul sing for joy. You received it freely enough, because Another paid the price; but what was that price?

God's love is most in evidence at the cross, but let us realize what it cost His Son to put us right with God.

The cross.. the cross.. is such a place
A place of beauty
A place of pain
A place where sin was destroyed
Where The saviour bled and died
For me.. for me

God bless you

1 JOHN 4

11. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
12. No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

SHOWING TRUE LOVE

The previous verse has shown us that God has showed his love to us, by sending Jesus to die on the Cross for us.

Yeah, so what!

Because we have been loved by God so much, we have to love others, especially the Brethren.

No one has seen God in all his fullness.. although Jesus has shown us the Father.

So how can God be seen?

One of the ways is that his people love each other deeply and with fervency.

One of the main ways the world sees God is through the love we have for our brothers and sisters.

One of the ways we have the assurance of Salvation that God is dwelling within us.
We know that we are growing in faith... why? Because our love for the brethren is growing and growing.

The Christian and the Church are unique.. individually and corporately, it is filled with love.

God bless you

Keith

MAKE SUNDAY SPECIAL

“If you turn back your foot from the Sabbath, from doing your pleasure on my holy day, and call the Sabbath a delight and the holy day of the Lord honourable; if you honour it, not going your own ways, or seeking your own pleasure, or talking idly; then you shall take delight in the Lord, and I will make you ride on the heights of the earth; I will feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father, for the mouth of the Lord has spoken…Isaiah 58:13-14.”

Is Sunday special to you? We say we will go to church, Sunday school (if you are in America), or if we are really spiritual, we may even go to the Sunday evening service. What about the rest of the day? Is that yours to enjoy? Once we have attended church, do we say, "We have done our duty?"

It is not enough to go to church: we are called to delight in the day that is set aside to worship our God. After church, it is so difficult not to watch TV and do our own thing. I am not saying that you should sit in the pews from sunrise to sunset, but you should have an attitude of worship that extends beyond the typical church service. One of the best things to do is not to talk idly, especially after church. To talk idly is to engage in gossip and conversations that lead to discord among fellow believers.

A final question: How will you glorify God on the day set aside to worship Him? Will you limit your worship to the time you spend in church, or will you give God praise in your home, and throughout your day?

God bless you, KK

SOAK IN SCRIPTURE..PLEASE COPY AND PASTE INTO BROWSER

FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT SERIES

Walk by the Spirit (Part 1)

Brian Cochran
| The Fruit of the Spirit

sermonaudio.com/sermon/71512223169

Walk by the Spirit (Part 2)

Brian Cochran

sermonaudio.com/sermon/7221223521

The Fruit of the Spirit

Brian Cochran

sermonaudio.com/sermon/8512183741

The Fruit of the Spirit is Love

Brian Cochran

sermonaudio.com/sermon/813121537451

SINGLE SERMONS

Facing a Tolerant World with Intolerant Truth (Selected Scriptures)

Pastor John MacArthur

sermonaudio.com/sermon/172340513423

The Spiritual Pauper

Rev. Paul A. Backhurst

sermonaudio.com/sermon/816212327307226

Turning a Good Boy Into a Great Man
Jared Pilkington

sermonaudio.com/sermon/11920223545033

God's Favorite Word

Pastor Mark Brandon
| The Greatest Words in the BiblE

sermonaudio.com/sermon/1823179174771