Visit site
✟8,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Tonight I had poker night with my friends and I brought along my sister.

Tim is a new friend of mine, he is fun and very nice. However, as he drank he hit on my sister, and she hit back. My sister is Married tho her boyfriend is away in the army and they are on the verge of devorce. She is somewhat damaged with guys and has big trust issues. As it turns out her husband cheated on her with another guy.

Tim, has a girlfriend of 3 years or so. I'm the big brother and things were making me somewhat angry. I don't want my sister to get wrapped up in something stupid. I could have came to blows with Tim tonight. My sister needs to be able to trust guys and not be bothered with ones that already have girlfriends, she also needs to work her marriage to its conclusion, whatever that may be.

I didn't want to cause a scene, and I'm not sure how I should deal with this. Please pray for my family and Tim and myself. It bothers me to not be listened to here and people thinking I'm just a big teddy bear that has no heft or threat of danger. I don't want it to come to anything drastic, but I would like to be taken seriously. I could just not invite my sister with me any more, but I do want to strengthen our ties together and I want to include her in more of my activites, so it is a dilima.

Thank you for any prayers you may have,

BEN

sistakrista

PLEASE, PLEASE FEED YOUR PET! THEY ARE HUNGRY!
Aug 30, 2006
by the Arch
✟11,471.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Remmy.

I think you did right, NOT to make a scene. Your sister's relationships are just that, your SISTER'S. You might do well by not inviting her to poker nights. Maybe you could talk to Tim, when he's NOT drinking/drunk? I think most guys would understand the, "Hey, that's my sister." talk. I am praying for you, your family & Tim! May God bless your family & strengthen those ties, in the name of Jesus! Always, ALWAYS turn to Jesus!
:amen:

Upvote 0

Im-revived

Working for God, through our Lord.
May 5, 2005
England
✟7,494.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
UK-Labour
Certainly have a problem on your hands Ben, but remember no problem is to big for the Lord.

Lord Jesus, in the midst of all this situation, Ben is stuck on how to make the next step, to keep things calm, I ask you'll give him wisdom and direct him rightly. Amen.

Im-revived
:pray:

Tim is a new friend of mine, he is fun and very nice. However, as he drank he hit on my sister, and she hit back. My sister is Married tho her boyfriend is away in the army and they are on the verge of devorce. She is somewhat damaged with guys and has big trust issues. As it turns out her husband cheated on her with another guy.

Tim, has a girlfriend of 3 years or so. I'm the big brother and things were making me somewhat angry. I don't want my sister to get wrapped up in something stupid. I could have came to blows with Tim tonight. My sister needs to be able to trust guys and not be bothered with ones that already have girlfriends, she also needs to work her marriage to its conclusion, whatever that may be.

I didn't want to cause a scene, and I'm not sure how I should deal with this. Please pray for my family and Tim and myself. It bothers me to not be listened to here and people thinking I'm just a big teddy bear that has no heft or threat of danger. I don't want it to come to anything drastic, but I would like to be taken seriously. I could just not invite my sister with me any more, but I do want to strengthen our ties together and I want to include her in more of my activites, so it is a dilima.

BEN

Upvote 0

Ruth~

Legend
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
✟67,483.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Democrat
Amazing grace! How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears relieved.
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far
And grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures;
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
and mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

When we've been there ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun,
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we've first begun.
traditional hymn - john newton - ± 1760 c.e.

Upvote 0

SunMessenger

Devoted To The Holy Spirit Of God
Apr 27, 2006
New England
✟202,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

BEN
icon10.gif
I Promise To Never Forget The Passion Of Christ !!!

Father I Pray In The Holy Name Of Jesus Christ For Your Holy Spirit To Enter All Of Us Here . I Pray For Miraculous Intervention Of Your Holy Spirit To Meet All Needs. I Beg That You Watch Over Us Every Minute Of Every Day. I Love You. In The Beloved Name Of Jesus Christ Our Savior I Pray. Amen

Upvote 0

synger

Confessional Liturgical Lutheran
Site Supporter
Sep 12, 2006
✟44,856.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:crossrc:

May the Lord bless your sister and your friend, and convict them of the wrong they do to their relationships with their significant others and with you by their actions. May He soften their hearts to hear His Law and His Gospel of forgiveness. May He grant you wisdom and the words to say when discussing this with them. To His glory.

canticum graduum levavi oculos meos in montes
unde veniet auxilium meum
auxilium meum a Domino factore caeli et terrae

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills.
From whence cometh my help?
My help cometh from the LORD which made heaven and earth. (Psalm 121)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Praying for you, your sister and Tim-

it sounds like you can all use to turn to God for some guidance, but really, we all should turn to Him more often.

I hope everything works out- you're a wonderful brother for being concerned and congrats on keeping your patience.

Upvote 0