French government cracks down on priest who said homosexual relations are sinful

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The French government has initiated a series of legal measures against Father Matthieu Raffray for calling homosexual relations sinful and for describing homosexuality as a “weakness.”

On March 15, the priest of the Institute of the Good Shepherd — created in 2006 in Rome for “the defense and dissemination of Catholic Tradition in all its forms,” according to the website of this society of apostolic life — posted a video on Instagram in which he encouraged the faithful to fight against their weaknesses.

Raffray commented that each person has his or her own weapons with which to fight, but the devil convinces people that the fight “is too hard” and therefore it’s useless to resist.

The video was denounced by various LGBT lobby groups, and Aurore Bergé, government minister for equality between women and men and the fight against discrimination, called the priest’s statements “unacceptable.”

Continued below.

• Informative
Reactions: DJWhalen

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes... the Western world is leaving the safe haven of Christian faith and spirituality. It is not just France.
I suspect the time will soon come when the Bible will be considered hate speech and banned. Churches and Christians will be regarded as enemies of both freedom and the state. I see no barriers to this at this time. It is just a matter of time. I think, in large part, politicians, the courts, and the culture at large would go along with this. Of course, God can do and change anything. He will have to change a lot of hearts. As Derek Prince said, you can't bring a rotten apple back to freshness. I think this apple is pretty rotten.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes... the Western world is leaving the safe haven of Christian faith and spirituality. It is not just France.
I suspect the time will soon come when the Bible will be considered hate speech and banned. Churches and Christians will be regarded as enemies of both freedom and the state. I see no barriers to this at this time. It is just a matter of time. I think, in large part, politicians, the courts, and the culture at large would go along with this. Of course, God can do and change anything. He will have to change a lot of hearts. As Derek Prince said, you can't bring a rotten apple back to freshness. I think this apple is pretty rotten.
I don't mean to be a downer. Yes, God can do anything. I want to believe the West can come back from the brink and I will continue to pray toward that end.

2 Chronicles 7:14, “…if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”

• Prayers
Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0