free will?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesslord243

Jul 31, 2005
✟7,937.00
Faith
Lutheran
I was thinking of something that my Bible teacher last year told me. Basically he said that in order for us to do what God wants us to do we must love God if we want to please Him. In order to love God we must make that choice to whether love Him or not. If we have a choice that means that we must choose to love Him, He can’t do it for us (I say that with hesitance). If He was to do it for us that would mean that the love would be forced love, which love forced isn’t love at all.

If everything is already determined by God then why is it that God gives us tests in our lives? Could it be that He already knows what we are going to do and maybe it was us that didn’t know what we were going to do. That would mean that God knows what we’re going to do, but does it mean that He made it that way. Another thing, lets say that God has determined that I will be a Christian. Does God say when and how I will become a Christian? On the other hand, if God ordains that I will not become a Christian, why would He want me in hell? He wants to save us all, so says the Bible (I think), but the main word here is “WANTS to.” That means that He doesn’t have much say on whether we become Christian or not. God loves us and because He loves us He has given us free will to choose Him or not to choose Him. Did God ordain the Lucifer would turn from Him and create sin, if you will. If that’s true then that means that God mad man with the foresight to knowing He would have to sacrifice His Son for us. That would explain the 2 trees in the garden of Eden that God told Adam and Eve not to eat from, even though He knew that they were going to eat from it. If that’s true then the only reason He allowed all of that to happen is all because He loves us and He wants us to have fee will to choose between Him or not Him. It kind of goes in a circle. If that’s true then he truly is a God of love.

Status
Not open for further replies.