United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ok

Maybe I have, but certainly not by myself.

Sorry. Maybe you missed the "imho".

Follow the logic. If God merely looks at the future to find out what's going to happen, then someone else determined it (before we existed, so we didn't determine anything). I don't agree with that view, but a lot of people hold to it.

I will explain that one if you will explain this one, written by the same author exactly one chapter earlier:
1 John 2:20 KJV — But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

John is obviously telling believers they are omniscient, right?
They are essentially saying the same thing. 2:20 is stating that THROUGH the Holy One, the believer has access to all knowledge. Why? Because God (the Holy One) has all knowledge. 3:20 is simply stating the fact directly, which is that God knows all things. Your future actions qualify as a part of all things.

Upvote 0

Derf

Aug 8, 2021
Colorado Springs
✟99,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
They are essentially saying the same thing. 2:20 is stating that THROUGH the Holy One, the believer has access to all knowledge. Why? Because God (the Holy One) has all knowledge.
But the Spirit has to search out the deep things of God, He doesn't just "know" then intuitively.
[1Co 2:10 KJV] But God hath revealed [them] unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

3:20 is simply stating the fact directly, which is that God knows all things. Your future actions qualify as a part of all things.
Do they? If so, then there should be no passages where God learns what will happen, but there are quite a few.

Last edited:
Upvote 0