Free e-books

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
The Biblical Archaeology Society has about 17 free e-books available for download. The subjects cover from the First Christmas to Buyer's Guide to the Bible and a bunch of subjects in-between. Here's the download page Free eBooks - Bible History Daily
I hope you enjoy.

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thanks yedida.

I just got an e-reader for Christmas and I'll have some cool e-books to read.

Oh, these books just download into Adobe Reader as pdf files, nothing special needed. But keep a lookout on Lulav's thread, she finds lots of Kindle goodies!!

Upvote 0

Avodat

Contending for Biblical truth
Jul 2, 2011
✟21,427.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Oh, these books just download into Adobe Reader as pdf files, nothing special needed. But keep a lookout on Lulav's thread, she finds lots of Kindle goodies!!

Warning: Be careful with Kindle. Some of the books they sell and some they give away are almost impossible to use via the livelinks in the contents page. I bought CJB and, from the livelink that I eventually got to in order to find the list of books within (and getting past all David's preamble), I found that getting to a specific text within it was almost impossible unless you flicked through the pages. In other words, there is no facility for typing in that you want to get to Matthew 11:5. I have to click on Matthew and then scroll through, page by page, to get to chapter 11. Finding specific words is not covered, either, and some verses/sentence, whether in CJB or some other book, are disjointed ie the sentence breaks in a random place and a new line is started.

I gave up and bought a JPS1917 and CJB from Mobilize Your Bible Study on Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android - Olive Tree Bible Software for iphone which is fully searchable by book and verse

Upvote 0