1. New: Christian Forums Staff Recruit Video.- It's that time of year again. We are having our annual Staff Recruit Drive. Simply ask any staffer to help you apply and enjoy the video...
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Free Christian Website Builder

Discussion in 'Spirit-Filled / Charismatic' started by Adammi, Feb 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adammi

Adammi A Nicene Christian not in CF's Xians Only Club

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Christian
    I want to make a Christian Website, but I really don't have money to pay for one. Is it possible for me to make one for free?

2. Andry

Andry Jedi Master

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    MS Office suite should come with Frontpage. It's pretty straightforward. There are a number of free website templates available. As for "Christian" website templates, well, use Christian icon and/or pix.

But you still have to have a server. If you're connected from home (which most likely your parents are paying for) on a highspeed connection - adsl or cable - most Internet providers give a minimum webspace (10 - 15 MB) as part of the monthly fees. Check that out first.

Getting your own domain name may run you about $30-40 a year.

3. Hadron

Hadron In His Footsteps

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Constitution
    Faith:
    Christian
    Do a search for 'free web server' on Google and see what you can come up with.
    I ran into this one: http://www.150m.com/
    But keep in mind that these 'free' servers sometimes have a price... you may have to include a banner or ads by them, of which some may not be very Christian at all.
    Some may also not allow your own domain name. If you want your own domain name you have to register it and pay a yearly fee.

You may want to get an FTP program that allows you to upload and maintain your website (from the file/server side). I use CoreFTP - it's free and works good.

And here is a great site for learning HTML and other stuff. http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.