Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
we are all hypocrites and indietrists and don't count as unifiable people. Same for all of those bishops who have said no. Well, some of them are Africans who are just invincibly ignorant and can be excused for the time being.
Sometimes I think that some clergy would rather see what they consider hypocrites and indietrists leave to make room for their vision of a new and improved flock.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Sometimes I think that some clergy would rather see what they consider hypocrites and indietrists leave to make room for their vision of a new and improved flock.
In their dreams they think their sparsely attended churches would automagically be full if only they could get rid of a few bad people and open the doors wide to the spirit of the age. Imagine a full church and how we could have a so much more gloriously woke ministry to the world.

What they would get is a closed church with nobody to pay the crippling debt. The building would be sold off to a local Muslim group and reopened as a mosque. Some of that 'new and improved flock' would probably be there as newly minted Muslims and actually get so much more out of the place in it's new incarnation than under Fr. Friendly.

We have squandered what little momentum was built up by popes John Paul and Benedict. We are building momentum in the other direction.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In their dreams they think their sparsely attended churches would automagically be full if only they could get rid of a few bad people and open the doors wide to the spirit of the age. Imagine a full church and how we could have a so much more gloriously woke ministry to the world.

What they would get is a closed church with nobody to pay the crippling debt. The building would be sold off to a local Muslim group and reopened as a mosque. Some of that 'new and improved flock' would probably be there as newly minted Muslims and actually get so much more out of the place in it's new incarnation than under Fr. Friendly.

We have squandered what little momentum was built up by popes John Paul and Benedict. We are building momentum in the other direction.
From what I have read, most liberal churches are suffering as you described. What’s the point of going if we can do it ourselves as we see fit?

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Fr James, as rumored, [so should I say this?], is believed or admitted he himself is gay.

Therefore; a very troubled man. Whatever caused him to enter priesthood I cannot say, but it is evidenced he is losing or being overcome by the battle against the netherworld.
May the Lord help him. :crossrc: May He help us all.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Fr James, as rumored, [so should I say this?], is believed or admitted he himself is gay.
I think he has studiously not said either way. He has definitely never said he was sexually active. He always colors just within the lines so he doesn't get into trouble.
Therefore; a very troubled man. Whatever caused him to enter priesthood I cannot say, but it is evidenced he is losing or being overcome by the battle against the netherworld.
We can't know what's in his head, but from his writing and speaking there is ample basis to pray for him.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Only in MartinThink. Only in MartinThink.

When you have in the ballpark of a thousand bishops who have already said no, it's not unifying. When you have thousands of bishops that are too scared to say no because they might be Stricklandized it's not unifying. When you have hundreds of bishops who in their confusion say it only allows blessing individuals it's not unifying. When you have tens of bishops who are happy to provide fake nuptual blessings it is subversively not unifying. FS is shredding the unity of the Church. People have already left the Church because of this. The pope, who is supposed to be the guarantor of unity in the Church, has forgotten his duty.
"The work of the devil will infiltrate even into the Church in such a way that one will see cardinals opposing cardinals, bishops against bishops. The priests who venerate me will be scorned and opposed by their confreres...churches and altars sacked; the Church will be full of those who accept compromises and the demon will press many priests and consecrated souls to leave the service of the Lord."

---Our Lady of Akita, Japan, to Sr. Agnes Sasagawa, October 13, 1973.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

That's what Michael Voris claimed, but I no longer think Voris is credible. I think it's likely Fr. Martin is attracted to men but never acted on it. I will not say either way because I really have no clue.

Apparently, he entered the Jesuits because he saw a documentary on Thomas Merton when he was around 26 on TV late one night. He found Merton to be a very peaceful man and wanted to learn more about him. That made him more interested in his faith. Back then, he would sporadically attend Mass, but growing up his family was by no means devout. After seeing the documentary, it made him more interested in his Catholic faith, and he eventually found the Jesuits and entered their way of life. He found it more fulfilling than his corporate career he was working at the time.

Upvote 0