✟268,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
sfs said:
Mutations don't have to match all of the possible changes to the environment. They only have to match the ones that actually occur. Could you be more concrete? What kind of environmental change are you thinking of that would require a prohibitive number of mutations for adaptation to occur?

There could be any change. I don't have to list all changes possible when there would be so many. While no significant change is coming yet a species already surviving there would just continue as it is. Mutations just won't really help. With any of many possible changes that actually threaten a species the mutation in place would have to match an exact need to be favored, at just the right time it is needed. It could be anything, things I think of are not exhaustive but there could be change in competition with other organisms, change in predation on them, change in any of the resources they use, any of many possible changes in humidity or water, to any extent wetter or drier, at many different possible degrees of change, any of many possible changes in temperature, any of various possible changes to available light, any of many possible changes to air quality, etc, etc. You should get the idea that there are more changes possible than we would soon think of, and with that less and less likelihood that just the right mutation to be favored for survival would be in place at just the right time. And consider human presence, many species are dying off with activity from human presence. I am not seeing that just the right mutation would be would be in place at just the right time, enough, simple lab tests with a single variation not withstanding.

Upvote 0