Visit site
✟435,570.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
What I would like to know is who would win in a fight.

With boxing gloves or bare hands?
I suspect Fr. S. was the more physically fit and inclined of the two, but wouldn't bet my life on it.

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think you mean "That Hideous Strength", right, M-R?

If so, yes, absolutely. THS is SO prophetic. But I think it extends far beyond neo-Nazis. In general, they take other names for themselves in our time. But N.I.C.E will still try to sound "nice".

Oh, yes. Ruthless people will appropriate such nice sounding acronyms to deceive even the elect, and also to receive generous funding from unsuspecting donors and tax payers.

And yes, thanks Rus for pointing out my mistake. I read your use of INCREDIBLE and my mind thought about it.
Lewis was an absolutely incredible writer.

I have edited my post to correct that mistake.
Lewis' book had the title: That Hideous Strength.

It is positively scary and lots of fun to read. I read it in one evening. I think I have read it four times, and want to read it again next time we have a rainy spell. It is the perfect book to read curled up in blankets.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MKJ

Contributor
Jul 6, 2009
East
✟23,894.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I suspect Fr. S. was the more physically fit and inclined of the two, but wouldn't bet my life on it.

That was also my thought - monks tend to work hard physically while Lewis did not like sports and was, apparently, clumsy. But maybe he would be more inclined to fight dirty in a tight spot.

Upvote 0

jckstraw72

Doin' that whole Orthodox thing
Dec 9, 2005
South Canaan, PA
Visit site
✟64,422.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican

more inclined to fight? definitely not.

Upvote 0