✟12,812.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Andreas,
I for one have not heard anything about it yet, but that means little to nothing :) Having reposed in 1982, it seems that it will likely be a while longer.St. John of Shanghai and San Francisco who reposed in 1966 and was glorified in the mid '90s, and that was fairly quickly. It seems likely that it won't be too long, but as we all know, nothing happens quickly in the Orthodox Church :)
His unworthy servant,
Eusebios.
:bow:

Upvote 0

The Prokeimenon!

like unto bees about a honeycomb
Feb 3, 2004
some crummy town
✟18,326.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I asked a ROCOR Priest the same question once. He said that if anybody were to canonize him, it would be ROCOR. He said that he hasn't heard anything official, but he wouldn't be surprised if Fr. Seraphim were canonized in our lifetime.

Moses

Upvote 0
Jun 24, 2003
The Dalles, OR
✟5,260.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
ufonium2 said:
My church has an icon of him, but I have no idea where it came from. I'm guessing it's left over from our less-than-canonical history.
Remember in Orthodoxy we can have ikons of folks that no church has offically glorified, and the Church glorifies saints that have already by the Church been seen as such.
Jeff the Finn

Upvote 0

Orthodox Andrew

Orthodox Church- Telling The Truth Since 33 A.D.
Aug 24, 2003
Visit site
✟12,048.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Rilian said:
I was actually reading about him the other day and I ran across this article. Does anyone know if the information in it is accurate?
I read that not too long ago, I think. What part did you want to know is accurate?

Upvote 0

Iacobus

Feb 29, 2004
Visit site
✟845.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Rilian said:
I was actually reading about him the other day and I ran across this article. Does anyone know if the information in it is accurate?

I don't know about some of the details, but the broad outline is true. I learned about the early sexual orientation a couple of years ago, and was, perhaps foolishly, shocked by it. In time, though, it increased my admiration for Father Seraphim. Not just a great Orthodox mind, but also proof that we can oversome our passions.

James

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aronbengilad

Reaper of the Field
Jun 2, 2004
Australia
✟545.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Thank you for that interesting article. I had never heard of him before. I think that he was a practicing homosexual before his conversion will be a great consolation to those Christians who struggle with this temptation.

I felt so moved by the article that I found myself praying for his intercession.

Upvote 0

Orthodox Andrew

Orthodox Church- Telling The Truth Since 33 A.D.
Aug 24, 2003
Visit site
✟12,048.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Aronbengilad said:
Thank you for that interesting article. I had never heard of him before. I think that he was a practicing homosexual before his conversion will be a great consolation to those Christians who struggle with this temptation.

I felt so moved by the article that I found myself praying for his intercession.
Wonderful!:clap:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.