Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you believe that God knows everything? Of course
Can you communicate with God? Of course
Does God communicate back with you? When He needs to
Does God want everyone to believe he exists? Why else would we have been put on this planet?

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Do you believe that God knows everything? Of course
Can you communicate with God? Of course
Does God communicate back with you? When He needs to
Does God want everyone to believe he exists? Why else would we have been put on this planet?
That being said, I'm going to think of a number from 1 to 1,000,000. According to you, God will know what number I'm thinking of. Since you can communicate with God, I'd like you to communicate to him that you want to know what number I'm thinking of. Since you say God wants us to believe he exists, then he must want me to believe he exists. And since I need some sort of reasonable evidence that a fully omniscient and omnipotent being exists before I'll believe such a being exists, then God will know for me to believe he exists, he'll would have a need to present such evidence. Since you say God can communicate back with you, then God should communicate back to you what number I'm thinking of. I then want you to post that number in this thread.

A failure on your part to produce the number I'm thinking of means at least one of the following:
1) You can't communicate with God
2) God can't communicate with you
3) God doesn't know everything
4) God doesn't want me to believe he exists
5) Either you or God (or both) are hard-headed and/or stubborn

Upvote 0

Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
yes

yes

yes

The knowledge of existence of God is only the beginning. For even the Demons know of the existence of God. He desires more from us than simple knowledge.
Same thing I asked athenken:

That being said, I'm going to think of a number from 1 to 1,000,000. According to you, God will know what number I'm thinking of. Since you can communicate with God, I'd like you to communicate to him that you want to know what number I'm thinking of. Since you say God wants us to believe he exists, then he must want me to believe he exists. And since I need some sort of reasonable evidence that a fully omniscient and omnipotent being exists before I'll believe such a being exists, then God will know for me to believe he exists, he'll would have a need to present such evidence. Since you say God can communicate back with you, then God should communicate back to you what number I'm thinking of. I then want you to post that number in this thread.

A failure on your part to produce the number I'm thinking of means at least one of the following:

Upvote 0

ChristianT

Newbie Orthodox
Nov 4, 2011
Somewhere in God's Creation.
✟17,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

6) God doesn't need to tell us the answer.

Upvote 0

osborne2

Jan 6, 2012
Nowhere
✟7,612.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you believe that God knows everything?

He should be and even about the future. Then how come many prophecies in the bible (and other holy books) came true.
Can you communicate with God?
Does God communicate back with you?

I ask him, and then i feel the answers in my life. (This is the meaning of communication in my humble understanding)

Does God want everyone to believe he exists?

It is undeniable there is a GOD who created this universe and everything in it including us. He also preserved the earth over many thousands maybe millions of years from being destroyed by many comets. And he also created every single cell in every human body, and created many thing like animals and plants to make life easier for us.

A SANE PERSON would not think that all these have happened by chance.

Most importantly, and NOT like other animals, GOD gave us mind to think with, BUT WHY FOR ?

TO EAT!
TO DRINK!
TO HAVE SEX!
TO FOLLOW EACH OTHER! "in fashion, and the way of life in general"
TO BUILD A HOUSE!

Probably many animals can do similar things.

TO LOOK AROUND US AND THINK FOR A WHILE WHO MADE AND MAINTAINED EVERYTHING AS IT IS NOW?

SURE.

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Same thing I asked athenken:

That being said, I'm going to think of a number from 1 to 1,000,000. According to you, God will know what number I'm thinking of. Since you can communicate with God, I'd like you to communicate to him that you want to know what number I'm thinking of.
^_^
How many times are you going to try this one?

Since you say God wants us to believe he exists, then he must want me to believe he exists.
The question now becomes; does God want you to believe on your terms or does He want you to believe on His? Since there has only been one or two people that God has been recorded to meet on their terms i would say you are expected to meet Him on His. (Which is what i told you the last time you tried this guess a number and take my word that "I" won't change it or demand you guess 100 more times.. trick)

be And since I need some sort of reasonable evidence that a fully omniscient and omnipotent being exists before I'll believe such a being exists, then God will know for me to believe he exists, he'll would have a need to present such evidence.
As I have told you at least 15 times now you are expected to ask seek and knock for this evidence as recorded in Luke 11. So, One More Time. You need to Understand that God will not grovel to you of all people, for the belief in Him you seek. Matter of fact most healthy people will not do this. Why because it establishes a codependent relationship. You are trying to put yourself in a position above God where He meets your wants and needs. Again understand You will have to humble yourself before God. Or you will sent to Hell for your Pride. God has not created us for the purpose of serving us, and amusing us with parlor tricks or numbers games. We have been put here to serve God. We/Believers Seek to be Slaves to the almighty God. A Master does not perform for His slaves.

[/QUOTE]
-Or-
6) God does not want to play games with you. If He did, you could cut out the middle man and play this game With Him for yourself.;)

Upvote 0

TomZzyzx

Mar 23, 2011
✟9,184.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Cieza said:

Athenken's answer to number 3 was, "when He needs to", which does not mean that He needs to give him the answer now. So you can add a number 6) When God Needs to, to the list. You'll just have to wait.

Your thinking is in error. It doesn't follow that if God doesn't give Athenken the answer when you want it, then it means God doesn't exist, or any of the other things you listed.

You keep asking the same question over and over. No one can give you the kind of proof you want. What we can give you is good reasons to believe God exists. Which has been good enough for most believers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

athenken

Barbary pirates? Or are they?
Nov 30, 2011
West Texas
✟27,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow, this thread has become quite the debacle. I had not realized upon first replying that the person setting up this thread was a troll.

Anyway, as other people have mentioned, God is not someone who just starts jumping through hoops just so you can believe He exists. The bible teaches that the Holy Spirit opens the eyes of those God wants to follow Him. If the Holy Spirit has not opened your eyes to the truth of Gods existence, then no amount of parlor tricks will help in any way, shape or form.

Upvote 0

elopez

Oct 11, 2010
Lansing, MI
✟18,206.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yes.

It depends on what you mean by communicate as there are various methods of communication. Do you mean oral communication? If so, I cannot communicate with God in this way but I can communicate with Him in another sense. By that I mean a type of nonverbal communication.

Yes, but again in the nonverbal sense. I don't talk to God and He doesn't talk back. I don't need that.

Yes, but not everyone wants to believe in God. Some people just want to believe in nothing. God wants everyone to believe in Him in the way that would allow for the individual to want to believe in Him.

Upvote 0

Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Yes.

It depends on what you mean by communicate as there are various methods of communication. Do you mean oral communication? If so, I cannot communicate with God in this way but I can communicate with Him in another sense. By that I mean a type of nonverbal communication.

Yes, but again in the nonverbal sense. I don't talk to God and He doesn't talk back. I don't need that.

Yes, but not everyone wants to believe in God. Some people just want to believe in nothing. God wants everyone to believe in Him in the way that would allow for the individual to want to believe in Him.

Upvote 0

elopez

Oct 11, 2010
Lansing, MI
✟18,206.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

I can tell there isn't much thought to this thread. You must have missed my post or not even read it. You ignored what I think it means to communicate with God which make your questions a little more than preposterous.

Upvote 0

Whisper of Hope

Oct 4, 2011
✟12,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

From observing and reading through the multiple threads questioning God in this forum, I think it's permissible to consider them all to be folly rather than a sincere desire to find God. In fact, if I was guessing a wager, I would say that the decision of unbelief was already decided before the first thread was posted. I think the perpetual questioning and demand for proof of God verifies my suspicions on this. Perhaps I'm mistaken in my assumption here, but from what I've observed so far, I don't think so. I don't think that any amount of "evidence" given will suffice in this case. However, I think that our Lord's instructions on not to give what's sacred to the dogs or to cast our pearls before swine should be mentioned here. What He meant was for His followers to discern those who would accept, or at least respect, the gospel from those who would ridicule, mock, and trample it. He also gave distinct instructions to His followers on how to handle those who refused to receive or listen to their word. He instructed them to shake the sand from their feet and move on. I think that both of His instructions on this matter should be heeded by all of His followers posting in these kind of threads. This is something to seriously think about and pray over, asking God for discernment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was an agnostic who never gave God a thought before I believed at age 26. It was not little parlor tricks that led me to God, but His written word. I think, if you asked, that you would find hundreds of different ways that God reached out to the people that now believe... but I also think that you would discover that God did not pander to them by performing some little miracle like what you are asking for.

Cieza, I am going to start praying for you; asking God to reach out to you in some way you can accept.

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

This is not a requirement of Salvation, and at some point the definition of "everything" crosses over into what is not knowable. Quantum mechanics makes this abundantly clear, and I find it kinda humorous that it indeed puts theology in a better place.

This should be addressed with caution, because any Truth along these lines is quite different from anything you perceive; therefore anything that can be said is going to be misunderstood. Perhaps one way of looking at this that might be helpful to you, is to recognize that it is Christ Himself who does the communicating ... so the operative priniciple here is oneness, or union with Christ.

By definition, communication is 2-way.

To me, the Bible is abundantly clear that G-d wants all to not merely know of His existence, but to know Him in the Salvific sense.

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

This is terribly flawed thinking on your part. You are being hard-headed and stubborn about pretending that G-d is some puppet you can control.

Upvote 0