KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I had to choose "no", just because I know I wouldn't be able to mentally handle being around a child :(

I really, really, really have great respect for anyone who chooses the role of a foster parent, though. It's doing an amazing thing for others who need help and stability in their lives.

Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes- hubby and I don't have kids yet but we both would like to be parents. We're too concerned right now that based on how we're living we can't afford to do that (have our own child). If it gets to the point that we are too "old" to have our own, I would definitely consider fostering children, especially if they are up for adoption at some point too.

I personally would want to have a foster child as young as possible but any child deserves a loving home. I've actually looked at the fostering database for my state and most of the children are older (nearly around 18 years old) and can have some extreme mental disabilities. I don't think I could foster a child that would need medical care 24/7 - I work a full-time job as a teacher- but my heart goes out to them.

Reactions: Bumble Bee
Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I would, because I have a big heart and a lot of love, patience, compassion, and empathy. I'd be thrilled to help a needy child someday. I don't think my husband would ever want to, though, so it probably won't happen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When considering becoming a foster parent, you should also keep in mind that you'll be dealing with the foster system as well as the parents of the child(ren). (Had a lot of friends go through this) This could be a wonderful experience or a disaster depending on your amount of patience.

I would have loved to have been a foster parent but my husband was not keen on the idea.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
NO. I do not like kids under about eight. For their safety and mine with some of my health issues. I could not properly care for them, need help caring for myself must less a child.

Even if none of that were true I still would not likely want to simply because it could be hard to let long-term placements go.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums