With God ALL things are possible
Oct 18, 2007
British columbia Canada
✟45,576.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
According to Strongs dictionary the Hebrew meaning for the word shattered is Chathath meaning abolished
Refrence number 2865

I could not find anything in Greek for shattered or fragment. Also could not find fragment in Hebrew.
:wave:Thanks BHS<that was sweet of you to look that up.
:wave:Hi Joy,I just seen your light on.Its tuesday.Dosen`t that mean your week is half over now?

Upvote 0

mssurrendered

Oct 18, 2007
British columbia Canada
✟45,576.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
leaves.gif
fallingleaves.gif
Fallingleaves.gif
fallingleaves.gif

Upvote 0

JoynTx

Joyfilled Believer
May 21, 2008
Texas
✟20,966.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
hot-chocolate.jpg

Hot chocolate anyone? Hmmmmm, sounds good to me!

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr! It got absolutely chilly here today. Would be uncomfortable outside for very long without a jacket. Almost 100 degrees a couple of days ago. What a change but that's Texas weather for you.

I hope you have all had a good day. And yes, Marlene, my work week is half over. Yea!! Of course the last two days are always harder than the first two. But it's all good because God is good and He is faithful.
:hug:s

Upvote 0

byhisstripes

pull up a chair ... coffee's on ...
Nov 27, 2007
past Idaho through the mountains
✟61,184.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Joy MsS,
I FINALLY GOT A COMPUTER :clap: so I can talk to you now :) But since you guys aren't on I will talk to you tomorrow.

Ms. I was delighted to do it for you.

Reactions: mssurrendered
Upvote 0

byhisstripes

Nov 27, 2007
✟61,184.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Good morning Sc and everyone. Hope you all had a good night. Doesn't look like there was anyone here last night, but thats ok I will catch you all later. Hope you all had a good nights rest and a blessed day.

Upvote 0

mssurrendered

Oct 18, 2007
British columbia Canada
✟45,576.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Joy MsS,
I FINALLY GOT A COMPUTER :clap: so I can talk to you now :) But since you guys aren't on I will talk to you tomorrow.

Ms. I was delighted to do it for you.
:wave:Morning BHS,you mean you have a computer at home now?

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

singing my hallelujah song
Feb 22, 2005
the wings of a snow white dove
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Spending time with you at lunch is always great....the best part of my day:):)

:blush: thank you! :hug:

According to Strongs dictionary the Hebrew meaning for the word shattered is Chathath meaning abolished
Refrence number 2865

I could not find anything in Greek for shattered or fragment. Also could not find fragment in Hebrew.

cool! so I looked up pieces ... Hebrew meaning 7518 ... :D it means fragments

"Come little leaves," said the wind one day. "Come to the meadows with me and play. Put on your dresses of red and gold; for the summer is past and the days grow cold."

~George Cooper~

Happy Fall everyone!

This is so playful, Joy! thank you :)

Good morning everyone. Pray you all have a wonderful day

backatcha, sc

okay ms, after I read this yesterday I googled shattered fragments bible verses ... led me to 3 things ... first a book by that title, a wargame by that name ... but the third took me to biblegateway with these five verses

2 Chronicles 36:16
Zedekiah reigns over Judah

But they mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misued his prophets, until the wrath of the Lord arose against his people, till there was no remedy.

Proverbs 24:22
moral, ethical, and spiritual precepts

for their calamity shall rise suddenly;
and who knoweth the ruin of them both?

Proverbs 29:1
comparisons, warnings, and instructions

He that being often reproved hardeneth
his neck,
shall suddenly be destroyed, and that with-
out remedy.

Isaiah 30:13-14
the futility of relying on Egypt

Therefore this futility shall be to you as a breach
ready to fall, swelling out in a high wall, whose
breaking cometh suddenly at an instant.
And he shall break it as the breaking of the potter's
vessel that is broken in pieces; he shall not spare:
so that there shall not be found in the bursting of it
a sherd to take fire from the hearth, or to take water
withal out of the pit.

Jeremiah 19:11
the lesson from the broken pottery

And shalt say unto them, The saith the Lord of hosts;
Even so will I break his people and this city, as one
breaketh a potter's vessel, that cannot be made whole
again: and they shall bury them in Tophet, till there be
no place to bury.

... so those are the scriptures ...

I then asked the Lord if I should give them or wait ... no answer so I said if I don't get an answer I'll wait a while ... it's been on my mind all evening and day today as I was driving to get Kayden ... so when I got back here and I was able to post I asked Him if there was a verse He wanted to give me ... what came to mind in 3 seperate parts was Rev ... 21 ... 12 ... I would not at all say the Lord gave it to me for sure because I'm not sure so I'll give it with that in mind ...

And a wall great and high, and had twelve
gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and
names written theron, which are the names
of the twelve tribes of Israel.

so ... me being me ^_^ enough knowledge is never enough ... I decided I'm really curious now so I'm going to take those verses and look at their companion verses ... it should be interesting ...

the final thing on that is back to the beginning of this ... when I very first read it the verse that came to my mind is a verse in Isaiah or daniel (still trying to find it) that talks about broken pieces of glass and metals ... I'll keep looking ...

hope all this is of some help

love you all and wish you a very soft gentle fall afternoon ... God bless :groupray:

418317c19m1vz0zz-1-1-1.jpg

Upvote 0

byhisstripes

Nov 27, 2007
✟61,184.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:wave:Morning BHS,you mean you have a computer at home now?
yep :cool: got it yesterday, and now I have access to internet when Im not busy doing homework:clap:

:blush: thank you! :hug:

cool! so I looked up pieces ... Hebrew meaning 7518 ... :D it means fragments

This is so playful, Joy! thank you :)

backatcha, sc

okay ms, after I read this yesterday I googled shattered fragments bible verses ... led me to 3 things ... first a book by that title, a wargame by that name ... but the third took me to biblegateway with these five verses

2 Chronicles 36:16
Zedekiah reigns over Judah

But they mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misued his prophets, until the wrath of the Lord arose against his people, till there was no remedy.

Proverbs 24:22
moral, ethical, and spiritual precepts

for their calamity shall rise suddenly;
and who knoweth the ruin of them both?

Proverbs 29:1
comparisons, warnings, and instructions

He that being often reproved hardeneth
his neck,
shall suddenly be destroyed, and that with-
out remedy.

Isaiah 30:13-14
the futility of relying on Egypt

Therefore this futility shall be to you as a breach
ready to fall, swelling out in a high wall, whose
breaking cometh suddenly at an instant.
And he shall break it as the breaking of the potter's
vessel that is broken in pieces; he shall not spare:
so that there shall not be found in the bursting of it
a sherd to take fire from the hearth, or to take water
withal out of the pit.

Jeremiah 19:11
the lesson from the broken pottery

And shalt say unto them, The saith the Lord of hosts;
Even so will I break his people and this city, as one
breaketh a potter's vessel, that cannot be made whole
again: and they shall bury them in Tophet, till there be
no place to bury.

... so those are the scriptures ...

I then asked the Lord if I should give them or wait ... no answer so I said if I don't get an answer I'll wait a while ... it's been on my mind all evening and day today as I was driving to get Kayden ... so when I got back here and I was able to post I asked Him if there was a verse He wanted to give me ... what came to mind in 3 seperate parts was Rev ... 21 ... 12 ... I would not at all say the Lord gave it to me for sure because I'm not sure so I'll give it with that in mind ...

And a wall great and high, and had twelve
gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and
names written theron, which are the names
of the twelve tribes of Israel.

so ... me being me ^_^ enough knowledge is never enough ... I decided I'm really curious now so I'm going to take those verses and look at their companion verses ... it should be interesting ...

the final thing on that is back to the beginning of this ... when I very first read it the verse that came to my mind is a verse in Isaiah or daniel (still trying to find it) that talks about broken pieces of glass and metals ... I'll keep looking ...

hope all this is of some help

love you all and wish you a very soft gentle fall afternoon ... God bless :groupray:

Good afternoon, glad to see you made it back safe and sound :) :hug:

Upvote 0

mssurrendered

Oct 18, 2007
British columbia Canada
✟45,576.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

Victory in Jesus!!!Everytime i see or hear the word that song comes to my mind.
Thank you guys so much for caring enough to do this,taking the time to look up these words that i heard.I have never experienced that before.I too looked up the words but never seen that bible gateway you mentioned Lilmiss.I had ended up listening to two sermons from new years eve 1961 that those words were in,but I never heard them said.
I must study up on what you have here Lilmiss.Intresting,I have been reading Isaiah lately mostly because Terri had mentioned studying it and because of the scripture you gave that SC had dreamt and my friend mentioned a scripture the other day to me in Isaiah 55;8...For My thoughts are not your thoughts.Nor are your ways My ways,says the Lord.Then my sister mentioned Isaiah 61:7,which is Instead of your shame you shall have double honor,And in instead of confusion they shall rejoice in their portion.Therefore in the land they shall possess double.Everlasting joy shall be theirs...So I`ve decided to stay reading Isaiah.
So now I have some studying to do.I haven`t read awhole lot in the old testament,I always seem to go to the New,and have decided to do both.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

byhisstripes

Nov 27, 2007
✟61,184.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Victory in Jesus!!!Everytime i see or hear the word that song comes to my mind.
Thank you guys so much for caring enough to do this,taking the time to look up these words that i heard.I have never experienced that before.I too looked up the words but never seen that bible gateway you mentioned Lilmiss.I had ended up listening to two sermons from new years eve 1961 that those words were in,but I never heard them said.
I must study up on what you have here Lilmiss.Intresting,I have been reading Isaiah lately mostly because Terri had mentioned studying it and because of the scripture you gave that SC had dreamt and my friend mentioned a scripture the other day to me in Isaiah 55;8...For My thoughts are not your thoughts.Nor are your ways My ways,says the Lord.Then my sister mentioned Isaiah 61:7,which is Instead of your shame you shall have double honor,And in instead of confusion they shall rejoice in their portion.Therefore in the land they shall possess double.Everlasting joy shall be theirs...So I`ve decided to stay reading Isaiah.
So now I have some studying to do.I haven`t read awhole lot in the old testament,I always seem to go to the New,and have decided to do both.
It's intresting to me that you guys are all talking about Isaiah because that is the book we have been studying for two weeks now in Bible study. Kinda cool that we are all so very far apart and yet we are all on the same page. We truely do have an awesome, amazing God!!!!

Upvote 0

mssurrendered

Oct 18, 2007
British columbia Canada
✟45,576.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It's intresting to me that you guys are all talking about Isaiah because that is the book we have been studying for two weeks now in Bible study. Kinda cool that we are all so very far apart and yet we are all on the same page. We truely do have an awesome, amazing God!!!!

We sure do have an amazing God.Must be a reason were all in Isaiah.Did you know that Isaiah is like a minature bible?The first 39 chapters(like the 39 of the Old Testament)are filled with judgement upon immoral and idolatrous men.Judah has sinned,the surrounding nations have sinned.The whole earth has sinned.Judgement must come,for God cannot allow for such blatant sin to go unpunished forever.
But the final 27 chapters(like the 27 chapters of the New Testament)declare a message of hope.The messiah is coming as a Savior and a Sovereign to bear a cross and to wear a crown.

Isn`t that cool?Its written on the heading of my bible.I remember the first time I read it,I just thought that was so cool.
So we sure do have an awesome amazing God.

Upvote 0

mssurrendered

Oct 18, 2007
British columbia Canada
✟45,576.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
noweapon-2.jpg

I just have to tell you guys this.The other day when I read this I wrote this scripture down and felt that I should give it to my friend.I then thought about it and thought it really didn`t fit with what shes going through so I didn`t give it to her.
Well tonight I just went to bible study at her house and she was telling about her son and how he just got out of jail yesterday and how excited she was that he had turned to the Lord.And then she said she gave her son a scripture and told him to read it everyday,she then asked me to read the scripture to the other ladies and i look it up in Isaiah and there it is.Its the same one I felt I was to give to her!!!!I then shared about how the Lord gave Lilmiss,SC`s scripture.

Reactions: scjohnson1973
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lilmissmontana

singing my hallelujah song
Feb 22, 2005
the wings of a snow white dove
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
just got home from snagging ... walked in and Dougs' cleaning the fish ... so I came in to see if I could find the verse ... it was in Daniel ... it's a prophecy of Messiah verse ...

Daniel 2:45
the dream and it's interpretation

I'm going to give 40 through 45 so you can get the context

And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.
And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of the potter's clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.
And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.
And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.
And in the days of these kings shall God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, vut it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever.
For as much as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it break in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof.

some notes on these verses

v 41 - iron won't mix with clay
v 43 - clay stays malable for God

this amazes me because all this put together is giving the message of the lesson of the broken vessel ... ms, also this part of Daniel is prophecy of the end times, as well ... as is much of Isaiah ... I love the major prophets, Isaiah, Daniel, Jeremiah, Ezekiel ... for that reason ... I think you'll find it all fascinating ... I'm the opposite of you ... I find myself in the ot much more ...

anyway, I'm exhausted and will catch up on what everyone wrote in the morning ... God bless and may the Lord bless you with restful slumber :groupray:

Upvote 0

birdofthunder

Veteran
Aug 17, 2006
Tempe, AZ
Visit site
✟14,731.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
finally!! morning, sc, bhs, lilmiss, marlene, joy, and everyone! sorry i haven't been here the last few days! i wish you did too, lilmiss! you'd make it fun! i'm loving the posts you ladies have posted, they are proving good for me too!! Ok, bit of warning here: turns out someone downloaded a big, bad virus to the work comp I'm usually on for this place, and since it took the manager 45 minutes to get it cleaned out, I'm now stuck getting online when I get haul my own comp into work and get online, which is proving, well, difficult! I'll try to get here at least every couple of days, but thought to warn ya'll what's going on! I'm just glad I got here today, and will be thinking over the posts I've read, praying for you all, and will see you shortly!

Upvote 0

Christvilla

Sep 24, 2009
Lagos, Nigeria
✟7,629.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Dearly Beloved,

We wish to request that you spare us some of your time to be part of Christvilla dot com. It is a christian forum targeted at African christian. But, because it is relatively new, re request for christian volunteers to assist in moderating and posting regularly.

We thank you in advance for your response.

Please commend on ways to build the forum.

Thank you

Upvote 0

byhisstripes

Nov 27, 2007
✟61,184.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Good morning all, sorry bot to hear about the virus and thank for the warning, and SC I have to say AMEN!!!! to that :) isn't it cool how he just proves himself to us over and over again, rather great or suttley? God is truely amazing! I hope you have a wonderful day. Good morning lilmiss, hope you and Kayden have fun together and hope you get the rest you need as well. Ms, hope your outing yesterday was a wonderful experience. Joy ~ :wave: good morning :) and well I hope you all have a great day!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.