For McCain, Self-Confidence on Ethics Poses Its Own Risk

IisJustMe

He rescued me because He delighted in me (Ps18:19)
Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
While it appears on the surface they are trying to kill his candidacy this is contrast to the fact that they endorsed him. At best there seems to be a mixed message.
And who do you suppose they intend to endorse after the conventions? Anything the Times can do to hurt a non-liberal, from my observation, they'll do.

Upvote 0

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And who do you suppose they intend to endorse after the conventions? Anything the Times can do to hurt a non-liberal, from my observation, they'll do.
unsubstantiated and "unsubstantiatable", if that is even a word, lol.

Upvote 0

immersedingrace

I feel like I've been dipped in Diamonds!
Aug 10, 2004
New York City
✟19,895.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't even LIKE McCain but who cares? It irritates me when they bring up things that happened years ago. I don't care that Bush USED to drink, I didn't care that Clinton USED to smoke weed, I didn't care that he accepted sexual "favors" from Monica. I would care about a military dissertion or misconduct but I don't care about the candidates SEX LIFE! The only time it's relevant is if they are giving "special privileges" that impact our country in return for the sex. Like the governor in NJ with his homosexual boyfriend a few years ago. THAT's when it becomes important. And if you don't have proof when you run the story, WAIT. Sheesh WHY does it matter who he slept with? Yes, it goes to character, but everyone makes mistakes so let it go!

Upvote 0

revolutio

Apatheist Extraordinaire
Aug 3, 2003
R'lyeh
Visit site
✟6,762.00
Faith
Atheist
Well with no Rove around, someone had to smear his reputation. :doh:

Darn shame if this race turns nasty since I really like the candidates. Normally my complete lack of respect for those running makes the mud-slinging a great amusement but now it is just embarrassing to the slingers. They really are dredging the bottom to come up with anything on these 3 candidates.

Upvote 0

flicka

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 9, 2003
✟36,720.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Well with no Rove around, someone had to smear his reputation. :doh:

Darn shame if this race turns nasty since I really like the candidates. Normally my complete lack of respect for those running makes the mud-slinging a great amusement but now it is just embarrassing to the slingers. They really are dredging the bottom to come up with anything on these 3 candidates.
I actually like the top 3 myself . They aren't my perfect, hand crafted candidate but that one only exists in my head..lol. All 3 have pros and cons of course but I think I could live with any of them. I really won't decide who to vote for until the nominees pick their running mates.

Upvote 0
J

jamesrwright3

I am a republican and will blow a gasket if any right wing media tries to dredge up anything on Hillary-she is the worst candidate among the three but there is nothing new out there. What is done is done. I think Hillary has sunk her self even before this campaign started. She is the most unlikeable candidate in a long time..appears to be very disingenuous..Even if you didn't like GW's policies, at least he seems like he would be a good time at a cookout after a few beers. I can't actually picture Hillary ever smiling and having a good time

Upvote 0