Oregon
✟1,454.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Many young, twenty-something Christian women today, are the daughters of mothers who, as younger women, were feminists in the 60's and 70's. While most of the daughters would never claim to be feminists themselves, they are, nevertheless, living in a modern woman's world reshaped by feminist activism, and their minds are subconsciously influenced by feminist thinking whether they agree to it or not.

For that reason, I strongly urge junior misses and young twenty-something Christian women, with every bit of power of persuasion at my disposal, to read a very pertinent book that just might save them wasting the very best years of their life, and/or making family life and motherhood so unbearable as to make them wish they'd never done it.

What Our Mothers Didn't Tell Us
By Danielle Crittenden
ISBN 0-684-83219-4
ISBN 0-684-85959-9 (paper back)

Let me caution all you younger ladies and junior misses out there about something: life is not a do-over. You have only one reputation, and you have only so many years of youth and vitality to work with, so you've got to make every effort to get things right the first time. Botch those years with poor choices, and you cannot go back and re-do them. Never. Take it from a man of 65+ years; the age of 32 comes along a lot sooner than you ever expected. Why did I pick 32 years? Because right about then is when the aging process starts to kick in and your body begins its path to old age and death. If you arrive at that age, and still feel you're missing something, then you will be in serious trouble, I kid you not.

The "Mothers" in the title of Danielle Crittenden's book, refers to feminist mothers who, by now, have discovered to their dismay that feminism has not only failed to make women happier, but it has only served to make them whiners; and cheap, self-centered, and immoral— it has kept them on hold in perpetual adolescence, and rendered them insecure and a whole lot more unfulfilled; primarily because the desire to be pursued and courted, to sleep with someone they love as opposed to someone they hardly know, to be certain of a man's affection and loyalty— these are deep female cravings that didn't vanish with the sexual revolution; nor were those cravings assuaged by marginalizing family life for careers, power, and the pursuit of independence and individualism.

†. Pro 1:32 . . the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.

Solomon's observation is so true for many a modern women. There is today a growing problem among the wives and mothers of industrialized nations coming to be known as Hurried Woman Syndrome (HWS). The women inflicted with this syndrome simply have too much on their plates and actually resent their own husbands and children for wanting time with them. The result is that HWS women are not happy; no, they are stressed to the point where it is impossible for them to be happy. They're angry, irritable, hostile, and impatient: and of course their husbands and children are not happy either; consequently the homes of HWS women are living hells instead of cheerful havens of support, encouragement, sympathy, and love.

I am begging, pleading, with young unattached Christian men to read Danielle Crittenden's book too if for no other reason than to familiarize themselves with the philosophy of feminism and its effects on home life. Whether it be a shacked-up home life, or one in the sphere of matrimony, feminism does not produce affectionate homes held together by unity, love, devotion, trust, faithfulness, and self sacrifice; no, au contraire, feminism produces political homes infected with individualism, independence, irresponsibility, selfish ambition, and divisions of labor.

Feminists' children often receive very little, if any, meaningful nurturing from their biological mothers. A large quantity of feminists' children obtain much of their nurturing from day-care providers, baby sitters, au pairs, and nannies. I'm asking you as a man, as a potential father; is that really what you want for your own kids? No; wait, let me rephrase that question: Is that really the kind of woman you want to be the mother of your children?

Women who deny their children a mother's companionship they so deeply crave when they're growing up, in order to pursue a career, are often appalled by their children's indifference, even hostility, when they seek their company as older women. During a conversation with an immigrant woman from Sinaloa, it was told me that women in Mexico without children are as good as dead because children are a woman's old age security in a country where poverty is wide spread, and social programs are scarce. Well; here in industrial America— the land of plenty, the land of abundant entitlements, opportunities, and social programs —a women who denies her own young children their mother's companionship, had better be prepared to go into old age a largely ignored individual.

C.L.I.F.F.
/