Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the ideas!!

I saw this and thought to try it:
http://www.ayearofslowcooking.com/2008/10/you-can-make-yogurt-in-your-crockpot.html

The yogurt I buy here is the real deal - no Dannon or Yogplait. It is from Mennonite farmers and only uses whole milk, no low fat. But I have enough containers and would like to do it on my own.

My yogurt failed in both the crockpot and the dehydrater, but does consistently well in a cooler though.

Although someone on youtube had theirs fail the same way (but in the dehydrator) whereas mine was like this stringy goop hers looked exactly like cottage cheese (which I would have welcomed)

Okay I looked it up and found it (this is a cool mistake)

She doesnt show anything but the results from her goof ( its one minute long) but she shows the consistency of the failure (and if it ever happens to you not to chuck it if you like cottage cheese)

That really does look like cottage cheese

I had fell upon that looking for how to make it because to buy it dried is absolutely insane (price wise)

That is crazy ( for cottage cheese?)

Sheesh, that is more then ova eggs, but the thing is if you can make Bexar's mistake it would cost you no more then a ruined yogurt now and again. Certainly not that expensive.

Upvote 0