Professional Singleton
May 13, 2004
O'fallon, Illinois
✟7,851.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Here are a few more thoughts to think about....

Men become more "wussified" when they become Christians. Now let me show you what I mean before you all get your guns. The idea is that when a guy becomes a Christian, he becomes a lot more passive/permissive and therefore becomes a carpet to whomever he is trying to get into a relationship with as opposed to before being Christian when they would not get walked on by a girl or put up with shenanigans, or even buy her things. Things like constantly giving girls they like things, and rolling over backwards for them, being indecisive in order to appease her whims, etc.... (not to be confused with common courtesy like opening the door, walking on the outside of the curb etc....)This may or may not be the fault of Christianity (or Christian culture more specifically), thats where your comments are needed. I have just been doing a lot of personal observation of Christian's social habits and I just wanted to see if anyone else sees the same things I do (this also refers back to my other topic).

BeautyForAshes

Senior Veteran
Sep 19, 2004
Kansas
✟20,736.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Did you stop to think that maybe....just maybe ......its just those particular guys and not the entire Christian male species? Some guys (non-christians and christians) think that if they do whatever a girl says or wants, that things will be peachy keen. :) NOT! Being a doormat isn't cool whether Christian or otherwise.

LOL - Most Christian males I know act nothing like that. In fact, its probably one of the reasons why they are still single (let them tell it. LOL). Most Christian males I know take their role as a man seriously.

Upvote 0

BeautyForAshes

Senior Veteran
Sep 19, 2004
Kansas
✟20,736.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
twistedsketch said:
I take my role as a male seriously. Jesus won't let me shoot anyone though :sigh: .

Awwww. I shall make you a pot of chicken noodle soup so you will feel better.

pftroest.gif

Upvote 0

none the wiser

Legend. Seriously, ask anyone.
May 17, 2005
✟42,452.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Married
TheDatelessLoserX2 said:

Men become more "wussified" when they become Christians. Now let me show you what I mean before you all get your guns. The idea is that when a guy becomes a Christian, he becomes a lot more passive/permissive and therefore becomes a carpet to whomever he is trying to get into a relationship with as opposed to before being Christian when they would not get walked on by a girl or put up with shenanigans, or even buy her things. Things like constantly giving girls they like things, and rolling over backwards for them, being indecisive in order to appease her whims, etc.... (not to be confused with common courtesy like opening the door, walking on the outside of the curb etc....)This may or may not be the fault of Christianity (or Christian culture more specifically), thats where your comments are needed. I have just been doing a lot of personal observation of Christian's social habits and I just wanted to see if anyone else sees the same things I do (this also refers back to my other topic).

You forgot your bullet proof vest in this thread :p

This bit right here:

The idea is that when a guy becomes a Christian, he becomes a lot more passive/permissive and therefore becomes a carpet to whomever he is trying to get into a relationship with as opposed to before being Christian when they would not get walked on by a girl or put up with shenanigans, or even buy her things. Things like constantly giving girls they like things, and rolling over backwards for them, being indecisive in order to appease her whims, etc....

I'm not sure that's so much being a doormat as being in love...or at least having a really bad crush lol. Love is about sacrifice after all...and I find that sort of thing absolutely charming. I don't expect it...but it's happened a few times. In those situations, I made sure that I did the same for him, like...made sure he didn't do nice things for me at huge cost to himself, yknow? I bend over backwards for people quite a bit...it's awfully nice having someone do that for me :)

Upvote 0

RHJ

Aug 14, 2005
South Cariboo, BC
✟255.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Wussified, huh? I'd rather have a "wuss" who is able to treat me like the human being and Kings daughter that I am than some jerk who is only capable of thinking of sex. I'd rather have a "wuss" who is able to get on his knees and cry before his Lord than some macho, ripped airhead who thinks he's god.

A real man knows that he's the head of the relationship but doesn't abuse that position. A real man knows how to treat his woman with love and respect. There's nothing carpet-like about a REAL Christian man who is strong in the Lord.

Upvote 0

stormgade4

The Industrial Average
Oct 6, 2003
Visit site
✟1,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
TheDatelessLoserX2 said:

And if anyone brings up John Eldridge, you will be slapped.

I very much agree with the above statement. I've found, for better or worse, girls actually like a guy who shows a little backbone and can lead in a friendship.

Upvote 0

the_man

" My heart is spoken for&
Nov 21, 2002
Boulder CO
✟16,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
TheDatelessLoserX2 said:
The idea is that when a guy becomes a Christian, he becomes a lot more passive/permissive and therefore becomes a carpet to whomever he is trying to get into a relationship with as opposed to before being Christian when they would not get walked on by a girl or put up with shenanigans, or even buy her things.

I don't buy this correlation. I think guys that would let women run them around would do so whether they are Christian or not. You show people how to treat you.

Upvote 0

TheDatelessLoserX2

Professional Singleton
May 13, 2004
O'fallon, Illinois
✟7,851.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
RHJ said:
Wussified, huh? I'd rather have a "wuss" who is able to treat me like the human being and Kings daughter that I am than some jerk who is only capable of thinking of sex. I'd rather have a "wuss" who is able to get on his knees and cry before his Lord than some macho, ripped airhead who thinks he's god.

A real man knows that he's the head of the relationship but doesn't abuse that position. A real man knows how to treat his woman with love and respect. There's nothing carpet-like about a REAL Christian man who is strong in the Lord.

Reread my post, I made a distinction between "wuss" and COMMON COURTESY. There is a fine line between respect and love, and being someone's slave and "bribing" them to like you. If there is no gut level attraction and its all based on what "they" do for me, then the relationship is going to tank. The funny part is that most of the time, when a guy rolls over backwards for a girl and does everything she wants, he usually gets dumped.

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If that's true, it's probably a reason why i'm not married. I really like strong guys that are in control of themselves and know what they want. I haven't met a lot of christian guys like that. That doesn't mean that they are disrespectful apes or chavanist pigs or overbearing brutes, it's possible to be a strong man and a strong Christian at the same time. or at least I hope it's possible. I like leaders. I want a man that can lead a family. A strong Christian man is extremely attractive to me. I want to be able to submit in a marriage relationship so I need someone strong that I will be able to submit to. The awesome thing about a strong Christian man is that he's not afraid to be gentle and knows how to be loving w/o being a pushover. I've seen it before in guys i've admired and I hope God brings such a man into my life

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟570,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
RHJ said:

I would rather have someone treat me like a human & a queen than a jerk who also is not just capable of thinking about sex. But also what he does with their own body as well as mind. You are right about that my friend. :amen:

Upvote 0