Following Jesus .. Being single ... waiting His time.

songz777

Spouse first strengthens your marriage
Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Luke 23:35 “And the people were looking on. And the rulers made sport of him, saying, He was a saviour of others; let him do something for himself, if he is the Christ, the man of God’s selection”

Today I thought we would look at the Lord Jesus as an example of having the power and ability but restraining it for His Father and us.
You see the Lord had the POWER to do any thing, He could have easily have come down from the cross and vaporised His enemies. But no He loved His Father too much for that and thus He loved us.
The Enemy worked through the crowd and people moved by Satan said “If you are God come down”!
He would have “tempted” to resist the hurt and pain and be freed from it.

For us we have the POWER to go and get any one as it were to be paired up with. I mean we could have gone years ago and dated and had a romantic relationship with a very nice social non Christian. We could have had that loving embrace by now and all that goes with that.
But my love for God and His Son has like Jesus affected my heart. We hurt at times and yet like the dear Lord we must seek to say “Not my will”. We love Him and so we want t please Him. We walk in pain and are persecuted by the Enemy by “Inner pain from emotions and loneliness” as was our Lord.

We are tempted o give up and “come down from our cross” and date a non Christian just to ease our hurt. But the love of God in us “restrains us”. Yes, being single is a cost. But if we wait and seek Him first He will turn our pain into blessing because He is faithful.

We hurt because we choose to follow Jesus, yet we know that in the end we shall be the blest. The God of all Creation sees our sacrifice to Him and will in time reward us.

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
That was wonderful John and very thought provoking. I know I would have had a very different if not for the grace of God. It is hard to be single. It is hard to want things and not receive them. However, I know that when the Lord is willing He will provide. As you said not my will but His is all I need to sustain me.
Blessings

Upvote 0