Senior Veteran
May 17, 2002
Bloomington, Illinois
✟11,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Now Josephus, if you are going to go with the pinprick theory(it is a better model in my opinion)you shouldn't be looking for crators persay. if an impact punctured a high pressure water table the crater would ba destroyed beyond recognition almost immediatly. Look for evedence of mass scouring very low in the geologic columb.

Upvote 0

Josephus

<b>Co-Founder Christian Forums</b>
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2000
Kerbal Space Center
✟172,843.00
Faith
Messianic
another insightful prediction. :) man you guys are full of them! :)

though what I am looking for is something that would prove or disprove a crustal fracturing - an event that could cause tetonic plates to form on a planet that may have never had them before.

I shall look into that too. Give me until finals at my school are finished tomorrow, and this weekend to research some answers to these helpful thoughts. Thanks guys.

Upvote 0

LewisWildermuth

Senior Veteran
May 17, 2002
Bloomington, Illinois
✟11,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do remember seeing once on PBS a show where they had to geologists with a working computer model of the planet with a high pressure watertable like you are looking for in your theory. To make it work the world had to be at a pangea stage (one continent, one ocean) though.

I saw that about 15 or so years ago so I'm not sure where to look for that now but I will. The bigest problem is that the model needed to be more than just 6000 years old.

Upvote 0