At Sea
✟14,982.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Nice work guys, every single one of his ifs and buts destroyed with sound data and good diagrams.

I will reiterate that oil is found in pourous " reservoir" rocks ( like sandstones ) not in voids.

I will also point out that a basin does not show the position of a collapsed void it is just an area of deposition ( rather than erosion ), a low lying area surrounded by higher land where erosion occurs viz inter-montaigne basin. Collapsing of voids the size that A4C needs would leave rubble breccia behind not nice sets of flat lying sediments.

I should also point out the the geological cycle of erosion, deposition, uplift, erosion....... was discovered in the late 1700s by James Hutton ( see my sig ), it was the immense amount of time that erosion, deposition, lithification, uplift etc etc would obviously take that lead to his postulation of deep time.

The crucial evidence was an angular unconformity between the Silurian and devonian at Siccar point in SE Scotland.

It seems strange to have to rehash arguments that were more or less settled 230 years ago about the time of the American War of Independance.

Upvote 0

A4C

Secrecy and Christ likeness cannot co-exist
Aug 9, 2004
✟3,626.00
Faith
Christian
Another "ad hoc" thought that just occurred to me that the "mechanics" involved in the opening of the voids (from where the fountains of the deep emerged) would be the simple additional weight of kilometers of build up of water and sediment that was above now empty void , would not be able to be supported by its thin crust and would collapse in on itself bringing its burden of flood debris with it. The excluding of the air /gas from the void would be the source of the Biblical "wind" and of course the water would recede as a result. Although I am not ruling out "explosions" as another occurence the collapse theory would account for there not being signs of what would have to be an incredibly violent explosion (to blow a hole in the middle of Texas)
Problem solved. :)

Upvote 0

Ondoher

Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
✟2,246.00
Faith
Atheist
Another "ad hoc" thought that just occurred to me that the "mechanics" involved in the opening of the voids (from where the fountains of the deep emerged) would be the simple additional weight of kilometers of build up of water and sediment that was above now empty void , would not be able to be supported by its thin crust and would collapse in on itself bringing its burden of flood debris with it. The excluding of the air /gas from the void would be the source of the Biblical "wind" and of course the water would recede as a result. Although I am not ruling out "explosions" as another occurence the collapse theory would account for there not being signs of what would have to be an incredibly violent explosion (to blow a hole in the middle of Texas)
Problem solved. :)
Except that this scenario fails to explain the actual evidence. You keep skipping over that. There are no voids. You cannot account for the types of stratification we see, oil is not made from plant and animal remains. Etc.

Upvote 0

A4C

Aug 9, 2004
✟3,626.00
Faith
Christian
Except that this scenario fails to explain the actual evidence. You keep skipping over that.
Explain that please . On the contrary I AM doing just that -explaining the actual evidence
There are no voids.
True they are now filled with modified Flood debris
You cannot account for the types of stratification we see,
Yes I can-can you?
oil is not made from plant and animal remains. Etc
.Yes it is

Upvote 0

MrGoodBytes

Seeker for life, probably
Mar 4, 2006
✟22,772.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
True they are now filled with modified Flood debris
You didn't understand - "there are no voids" does not mean there are voids, but they are now filled with some material.

There are no voids.
Yes it is
Petroleum, as has been several times explained already, is formed by decomposition of marine zooplancton and algae.

Upvote 0

A4C

Aug 9, 2004
✟3,626.00
Faith
Christian
You didn't understand - "there are no voids" does not mean there are voids, but they are now filled with some material.

There are no voids.
Assuming you meant -"there were no voids " I will respond accordingly-Yes there were -the "fountains of the deep" would have once filled them.
Petroleum, as has been several times explained already, is formed by decomposition of marine zooplancton and algae.
Which itself is a product of plant and animal matter

Upvote 0

MrGoodBytes

Seeker for life, probably
Mar 4, 2006
✟22,772.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
A4C said:
Assuming you meant -"there were no voids " I will respond accordingly-Yes there were -the "fountains of the deep" would have once filled them.
That's an entirely different claim. Didn't you at first say that those mysterious voids are today's oil reservoirs?

Which itself is a product of plant and animal matter
True, but there are no large animals we would expect to find by yor line of reasoning.

Upvote 0

A4C

Aug 9, 2004
✟3,626.00
Faith
Christian
That's an entirely different claim. Didn't you at first say that those mysterious voids are today's oil reservoirs?
If you would have followed carefully my reasoning you would have seen that I do not claim that voids now exist rather that they now form "depressions" or "basins" because the tops are either blown off or caved in below kilometers of water and product from the flood

True, but there are no large animals we would expect to find by yor line of reasoning.
I have made no claim as to what size of animal could have been included or excluded -but as the dynamics of the Flood were involved there really is no guarantee about anything regarding survival (except if you were in a boat)

Upvote 0

Ondoher

Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
✟2,246.00
Faith
Atheist
Explain that please . On the contrary I AM doing just that -explaining the actual evidence True they are now filled with modified Flood debris Yes I can-can you?.Yes it is
Then how do you explain:
  • The 27 layered fossil forests of Specimen Ridge in Yellowstone?
  • Angular unconformities like these:
foto_unconformity.jpg

Unconf.jpg

• Microfossil stratigraphy
  • Buried erosional canyons
canyonTW.jpg

• Buried river channels:
river.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ondoher

Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
✟2,246.00
Faith
Atheist
Can you give us your version of where gigabarrels of plankton originates from kilometers under dry land then?
yes:
  1. They live in the water.
  2. They die
  3. They drift to the bottom
  4. They do this for a long time
  5. Over time, as sea levels and other environmental conditions change, they are burried by other sediment layers.
  6. Layers are deformed due to tectonic forces, and other layers are deposited on top of those deformed layers.
Now, how do you explain it?

Upvote 0

A4C

Aug 9, 2004
✟3,626.00
Faith
Christian
yes:
  1. They live in the water.
  2. They die
  3. They drift to the bottom
  4. They do this for a long time
  5. Over time, as sea levels and other environmental conditions change, they are burried by other sediment layers.
  6. Layers are deformed due to tectonic forces, and other layers are deposited on top of those deformed layers.
Can you explain why they dont deteriate (or get eaten) on the bottom of the ocean (we are talking undersea oil fields here the under land one might be a bit harder to answer) while the sediment slowly builds up (over millions of years if my memory serves me right)

Upvote 0

A4C

Aug 9, 2004
✟3,626.00
Faith
Christian
refer my previous posts- you will find that it has something to do with a World Wide Flood that happened about 4500 years ago which apart from other things buried masses of plant and animal matter kilometers under both sea and land.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ondoher

Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
✟2,246.00
Faith
Atheist
Can you explain why they dont deteriate (or get eaten) on the bottom of the ocean (we are talking undersea oil fields here the under land one might be a bit harder to answer) while the sediment slowly builds up (over millions of years if my memory serves me right)
Yes, they fall under anoxic conditions.

Upvote 0

A4C

Aug 9, 2004
✟3,626.00
Faith
Christian
Nobody claimed that oil formed in such environments. Biomass accumulates in such environments. Oil forms much later from this biomass.
Doesn't the biomass have to be buried quickly and be subject to temperature and pressure to form oil?

Upvote 0