amesylou

Jan 7, 2010
Australia
✟15,166.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I have started and finished my first book for the year. It was I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris.
It was a really good read. I wasnt sure what to expect but I found it really helpful in reminding me that it doesnt matter that I am single at the moment because God is all I need. And it reminded me that its not right to date until we are looking for commitment!
Its a great. I would recommend it to any christian who is either single or dating. And dont let the title put you off, its a little misleading in regards to the content.

Reactions: soblessed53
Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I have started and finished my first book for the year. It was I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris.
It was a really good read. I wasnt sure what to expect but I found it really helpful in reminding me that it doesnt matter that I am single at the moment because God is all I need. And it reminded me that its not right to date until we are looking for commitment!
Its a great. I would recommend it to any christian who is either single or dating. And dont let the title put you off, its a little misleading in regards to the content.

"I Kissed Dating Goodbye" sounds like the perfect advice for dating-age young people to read,if they will apply it's teachings to their life.

I didn't "plan" to read any book specifically for the New Year,but I happened to still be reading "Secrets" a Christian Romance by Kristin Heitzmann(several decades after the story of the characters in her Diamond Of The Rockies historical romance series) so because of out of state family visiting and other distractions, it was just finished yesterday. My first book of the New Year! :clap:

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The first book I finished this year was "The North River" by Pete Hamill. I also read "The Hours" by Michael Cunningham. Hamill's book has some cursing in it. Cunningham's book is a Pulitzer Prize winner, but I didn't like it much. Now, I am reading a book about the Mayflower and one by Scott Turow

Upvote 0