Finding right time in your life??

Ladyday95

Praise God in Sign Language
Mar 15, 2005
✟18,553.00
Faith
Baptist
andiesmama said:
She keeps me young! lol Another thought is that when she starts kindergarden in 2 years, I'll more than likely be joining the workforce again, even for a part-time job...that means re-entering the "working world" when I'm 41!! I think that will be weird...

You have any idea what type work you want to do?? Think that would be very difficult to go back after be away for while....

Upvote 0

saddleup4jesus

Aug 14, 2005
✟7,808.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
Wow, you guys are an inspiration!

I find myself in a balance between past and future. I've been dealing with the emotional baggage of childhood and re-defining myself and my place in this world. I've given so many years to others and am now starting to get to know myself.

I stayed home with my boys. I loved it although it was very isolating. I now have a very part time job of rural mail carrier which I absolutely love. I've always been a mail nut, have had snailmail penpals since I was 10 so this job is perfect.

I have goals for myself but I need to get them on paper and make them real. Too many years have slipped by.

Chris

Upvote 0

andiesmama

Senior Contributor
Sep 16, 2004
Florida
✟18,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ladyday95 said:
You have any idea what type work you want to do?? Think that would be very difficult to go back after be away for while....

I'm thinking along the lines of something in the school system, that way I'll have the same time off as Andie does....substitute teaching, working in the library or office, something like that.

Upvote 0

hope4today

Veteran
May 6, 2005
Perth
✟11,928.00
Faith
Christian
Well I turn 41 next month and I am in the second year of a degree. I am studying for a Bachelor of Counselling and should finish the degree at the end of 2007 which will make me 43..:eek:
After that I will probably need to do my masters and then a Dip Ed so I can lecture as well as counsel....

Goodness me...I'll be retiring before I'm working at this rate :doh:
Nah I will start counselling as soon as I have my degree and do the rest at the same time as working....

What, with looking after my three daughters and all that study, at least there'll be no time for getting into trouble ;)

Hope

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
With 4 teenage kids and one 23 yr old disabled child, me with a full-time job, my wife is a full time homemaker PLUS full time "mommy" who hardly take "15 mins breaks". My wife and I make time after 9 pm with some cuddling and bonding in our bedroom. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

saddleup4jesus

Aug 14, 2005
✟7,808.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
I've always thought that the world was backwards. I think we should go to school, then retire. Enjoy life while we really can, raise families and then decide what we wanna' be when we grow up. Since work gives many people a purpose, esp. since we'd be older and know where we really could make a difference, we could have jobs and live to 100, LOL.:clap:

Just a thought on this Labor Day.

Chris

Upvote 0

Andry

Jedi Master
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Left Coast, Canada
✟67,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ladyday95 said:
Anything in your life that you waited until mid-life to start??
Yeah.

At the 'suggestion' of my wife when I turned 40 last January, which I had been able to delay until, alas, last Friday.......

I had my prostate examined. :cry: By our family GP. Who's actually an Ob/Gyn. A female. Around my age.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Wisdom Seeker~

INFP the Healer
Site Supporter
Sep 12, 2003
U.S.A.
✟56,591.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had my children between 29 (almost 30) and 35 (3 months shy of 36) like you andiesmama. My youngest just turned 7, and is in the second grade. :thumbsup: And you're right, having young children keeps you young. It's hard to think in terms of "Midlife" and "over the hill" like a lot of other people our age apparently do (as evidenced by the suggestions in the name change thread) when You're a young mommy still. ;) )

The changes I've made in this decade are:
that I don't care so much about what other people think about me. (I used to be so overly obsessed with this, I seriously lost who I was.)
And I've become passionately interested in reading books about religion and the history of Christianity.

And, I've been applying for a job too. I work for my husbands company from home currently. But when you're self employed the health insurance just isn't good. And my youngest needs surgery. So...

Upvote 0