Upvote 0

dnihila

Mar 29, 2007
✟17,803.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
I am really happy that after all those years of looking at the differences, now we can see that we are similar.
My idea started with mosques and went on. Everything I look for I found its twin in the other Holy religion.
And I am sure that there are lots of things out there waiting for us to see them the way they are but not the way we want them to be.
The shocking picture for me is this one:
[SIZE=-2] [/SIZE]

By a picture of a Jewish man, A man of the Holy Book who is praying the same way we pray as Muslims and as Christians.
And when was he praying? At the time of fear and depression, knowing that he is going to die but he prayed. Most people will forget praying being worried about their fate. But this one among the laughs and the fear and next to the dead bodies. He stood their, turning his back to the soldiers and with faith he prayed. And how was he praying? I am wondering. He is prying the same way we are praying.
The amazing thing that he put his right hand on the left one. And that's what we do in the prayer. Looking down at the spot we put our forheads on when we bow down.
You can't imagine how I was so touched by this picture which was taken around 1933 which means 75 years ago.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dnihila

Mar 29, 2007
✟17,803.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
We definately have similarities.

The prayer beads are different prayers..."Our Father"..."Hail Mary"...

What prayers are said with the Islamic prayer beads?

In Islam, prophet Muhammed ( peace be upon him) taught us to praise Allah/God by using our fingers:
In the right hand you start using thumb to count by pointing it toward the index finger and the same thing you do with the other fingers ( the thumb is included to praise Allah/God with your index finger) starting from the bottom of your finger up to the top you say:
Glorified is Allah/God سبحان الله
All praise (and thanks) belongs to Allah/God الحمدلله
No god but Allah/God لا اله الا الله
Allah/God is Great الله اكبر

Using the prayer beads is used as a reminder to praise Allah/God. The same way carpets are made for prayers and special clothes for prayer.
If the prayer beads are not available then using the fingers to praise Allah/God is the choice that you have imitating prophet Muhammed ( peace be upon him).
And this is to show that praising is not attached to the prayer beads because some poor people may not afford buying a prayer beads.
So, prophet Muhammed ( peace be upon him) established something in us to understand that
Islam is not the things you have or you wear and call them Islamic thinking that you can't be a Muslim without them. Islam is in you. As long as your heart is beating which those heart beats are praising Allah/God, too.
Lets imagine a man/woman with no hands or no fingers would he stop praising for the reason he does not have a prayer beads? He will say it orally. If he can't speak, he may say it secretly in his heart.
So, we go back again to the heart which is the only thing in the human body that keeps the love of Allah/God in it.
The same thing for the prayer carpet. I am in the desert and I don't have a carpet. The earth will be my carpet.
There is no mosque to pray in! You can pray wherever you want except in the : bathroom and the place that saw dirt in it.
But we as Muslims have many things to keep us attached to the Almighty. We don't glorify these things but we use them to help us in worshipping Allah/God the way He deserves to be worshipped.
As a Muslim woman, I can't stood infront of Allah/God wearing somthing not clean. The way He created us in the perfect shape, doesn't he deserve to be worshipped in the right way?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dnihila

Mar 29, 2007
✟17,803.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
The ninety nine Names of God are recited with the Muslim beads..each bead.

In Baha'i Faith we recite the Greatest Name ninety five times and sometimes use beads.

See the following:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayer_beads

- Art:wave:
I really don't know much about Baha'i Faith. Is it like Sunnah and Shia? Or is it something else. Because I read something about it which says that you believe in the Oness of Allah/God and the Unity of the religions and the Unity of the Humankind. If this is something that I know as a Sunni Muslim from the Holy Quran. How do we differ from each other then? Why Am I called Sunni Muslim and you are called Baha'i? Do you have other books besides the Holy Quran? Do you have other people ranked the same as prophet Muhammed ( pecae be upon him).

Thank You

Upvote 0

dnihila

Mar 29, 2007
✟17,803.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DailyBlessings

O Christianos Cryptos; Amor Vincit Omnia!
Oct 21, 2004
Berkeley, CA
Visit site
✟30,234.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wish we would learn to find our similarities more often than our differences (and that we would learn to love the differences too!) In my studies of Islam and Judaism, I have far more frequently been surprised by familiar statements and ideas, than exotic or unusual ones.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
To dnihila,

I will pray that many Muslims like you will find the voice and courage to stand up and seize the voice of Islam back from those who would destroy us all.

May God be with you and them.
From what I know of Islam, they are not out to destroy Christians, Jews and atheists but to assimilate them into Islam. That is the difference.

Exodus 12:23 And YHWH passes to strike the Egyptians and He sees the blood on the lintel and on two of the jambs and YHWH passes over the portal and not He shall allow the ruiner/07843 shachath to come to houses of you to strike.

Luke 21:28 Beginning yet to-be-becoming these-things, up-bend!, and lift up! the heads of ye, thru-that is nearing the loosing of ye [Daniel 12/Reve 19,20]

Upvote 0

Secundulus

Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
From what I know of Islam, they are not out to destroy Christians, Jews and atheists but to assimilate them into Islam. That is the difference.
They are out to destroy Christian belief. Isn't this the same as destroying a Christian's soul?

Upvote 0

DailyBlessings

O Christianos Cryptos; Amor Vincit Omnia!
Oct 21, 2004
Berkeley, CA
Visit site
✟30,234.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They are out to destroy Christian belief. Isn't this the same as destroying a Christian's soul?
Not if by replacing Christianity with Islam they understand themselves to be saving that soul. Christian evangelism of course has the same intention, though perhaps with fewer sociopolitical implications.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.