fighting with my best-friend

Cherrychc08

Dec 31, 2003
Oregon
✟112.00
Faith
Christian
Tahoma2black Im fighting with my bestfriend over a boy that lives 3000 miles away from us. Neither of us have met him before, but my cousin knows him, and lives near him. This friend of mine says I should stay away from him, but i really like talking to him, even though he uses words and does things he shouldnt. I pray for him all the time, and he knows that. I think he has changed alot in the past couple of months. He doesnt swear as much anymore and is alot nicer! I have told me friend some bad things he has done and she instantly would hate him, isnt she judging him? She is looking at only that bad things he has done and none of the good. Yes, I agree that the things he did was wrong but I dont think that means he is a "horrible person" and that is what she says.
Also we talked about my family being Christian, she says that "true Christians dont say they believe in God". Is this true?
So my questions are....Should I take my friends advice about this boy, or should I give her more advice? and is it tru that true christians dont say they believe in God? :confused:

Astragoth

Dec 31, 2003
✟117.00
Faith
Christian
well you ask a lot of questions... I'll try to give my opinion (for what it's worth) on some of them.

I was under the impression though that this forums was mostly intended for technical help, so a moderator might move this topic to another forum.

You ask wether you should stay away from him. Have you asked your parents this question? I think they can help you with this. Personally I don't think adult christians should stay away from anyone... Jesus never stayed away from a person when they had done bad things. But it might be different for a 14 year old girl and I think your parents can help you with that.

I think you should never "hate" a person. sometimes when people do bad things it is very hard to be a christian. Remember that being a christian doesn't mean you have to "like" everybody. Nobody can. Well... Jesus can prolly. But I can't. what I can do is try to respect other people and love them. That means that I don't evade them, or talk about them in a bad way with other people. It mans that they can trust me, even if I don't like them.

when your friend says "true christians don't say they believe in God" I think she means that christians can show the world they are christians without saying it. As Jesus said... christians are the light of the world. We should be known for our deeds and not for our words. But you don't have to hide it and you certainly shouldn't be ashamed of it. I personally never go into a conversation saying: "Hi, I'm a christian. are you?" But if people ask me or when we talk about it I'm happy to say it.

Upvote 0

desi

Aug 20, 2003
La Vista
✟4,540.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Would you be comfortable with your friend or daughter, if you had one, dating such a fellow? Just keep in mind some people act how they think others want them to, without really changing, just to look good. Real change doesn't happen much and when it does there is usually a compelling reason for it.

Upvote 0