Fellowshipping & Praise the Lord with Doc329 (22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

barb754

Believer
Dec 26, 2004
Guilford, New York
✟270,339.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Where do you need to grow in your walk with the Lord? How about
keeping the tandem targets of grace and knowledge together as your
goal. So often we pursue one or the other. But something seems to
come unhinged in our soul when either of those becomes more
important than the other. Let's keep grace and knowledge together
because we see them together in our Savior.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Many of God's people are at times exercised as to their hypocrisy, and sometimes they may think themselves the most consummate hypocrites that ever stood in a profession. But if you are exercised with these painful surmises, these doubts and fears, just see (and the Lord enable you to bring it to the light of his countenance) these two features of a spiritual character.
Do not talk about your hope; it may be "a spider's web."
Do not boast of your gifts; they may be altogether in the flesh.
Do not bring forward the good opinion of men; they may be deceived concerning you.

But just see if, with the Lord's blessing, you can feel these two tests in your soul, as written there by his own hand. If so, you are not a hypocrite; God himself has acquitted you of the charge.

Upvote 0
S

Starr71

It is good to say, ''Thank You," to the Lord
Every morning tell him, thank you for your kindness,
and every evening rejoice in all his faithfulness
It is no wonder I sing praises unto the Lord.
I am glad and I sing for joy

O Lord, I will praise you with all my heart and tell
everyone about the marvelous things you do.
I will be glad, " Yes " filled with joy because of you.
I will sing your praises, O Lord, I will sing unto you
Amen.

Where do you need to grow in your walk with the Lord? How about
keeping the tandem targets of grace and knowledge together as your
goal. So often we pursue one or the other. But something seems to
come unhinged in our soul when either of those becomes more
important than the other. Let's keep grace and knowledge together
because we see them together in our Savior.

This so true Barb. I am praying for this right now for all our sisters and brothers, this is so important. Thanks so much for sharing.

Doc & Barb thanks for sharing it is such a blessing to see this thread still going God is so good. Amen.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
"Draw me; we will run after you! Let the king bring me into his chambers." Song of Solomon 1:4

How many of us can take the words of the bride into our lips, or have ever been able at any one time of our life to use such an expression?
We must have had some sight and sense of the preciousness and loveliness of Jesus before ever we can cry, "Draw me," from the depth of a sincere heart.
For the sincere soul is afraid to approach the holy Jehovah, whose eyes are as a flame of fire, and insult him with mock petitions and words that it does not feel.
But if ever that desire has been kindled, and that prayer raised up in your soul, "Draw me, we will run after you," it must have been the work of the Holy Spirit in your hearts, to raise up those feelings and to give you a living faith in the Son of God.

Upvote 0
S

Starr71

"Draw me; we will run after you! Let the king bring me into his chambers." Song of Solomon 1:4

How many of us can take the words of the bride into our lips, or have ever been able at any one time of our life to use such an expression?
We must have had some sight and sense of the preciousness and loveliness of Jesus before ever we can cry, "Draw me," from the depth of a sincere heart.
For the sincere soul is afraid to approach the holy Jehovah, whose eyes are as a flame of fire, and insult him with mock petitions and words that it does not feel.
But if ever that desire has been kindled, and that prayer raised up in your soul, "Draw me, we will run after you," it must have been the work of the Holy Spirit in your hearts, to raise up those feelings and to give you a living faith in the Son of God.
Excellent message, thanks doc. :wave:

Good afternoon everyone, I hope you all have a great week end.

We will be packing and washing curtains etc for the new place. 10 more days/sleeps. lol the count down is on.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Sometimes, when life is comfortable and predictable, we let our priorities slip because we take our eyes off of the Lord and put them onto our lives and even on our ability to get things done.
I can't help but wonder if God doesn't use sickness and misfortune in the world to cause us to re-evaluate ourselves before Him.
After all, don't we need to do that from time to time even if we don't think we need it?
Don't we need to see if we are growing closer to the Lord or not?

I think that it can be quite merciful that God would allow us to undergo hardship since such hardship can bring us closer to Him -- if we allow the opportunity to do that.
Personally, I am thankful for close calls. Of course, I don't enjoy them, but they can be quite helpful by scraping away all of our self reliance and exposing ourselves before God.
So what about you?

Do you need a close call to get you thinking?
Do you need a drastic wake up call from God to get you to reconsider your life with Him?
Maybe, maybe not. But, why don't you just sit down and talk to God.
Why not take a survey of your spiritual life and see where you are at with the Lord?
Open the Word of God, read, and pray. Talk to Him.
He is always there to listen, close calls or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
What is God's will for you and me?
God wills no one to perish, that all may have eternal life.
It is His will that we each mature in Christ to the point we are sure it is Christ in us the hope of glory manifesting the power we have been given. It is His will that the Jews and the Gentiles are fellow heirs, in the same body and partakers of the promise.
It is His will that we be not ashamed of the gospel, and never be moved away from it, but make it known to others It is God's will for us to prosper and be in health. He wills us to fear Him and love Him with all our hearts and seek Him first.
Living the will of God is living according to the standards in His Word.
Living the will of God is devoting our lives to His kingdom purposes, not for our five senses, worldly desires. If you are born again, you are already in the will of God. Now it is time to grow up into Christ, if you are not already fully mature
in Him.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Something to know
The word "blessed" means "happy." He who obeys God will experience the happiness of knowing they are doing the right thing. Even more so, he will know that his sins will be forgiven, and at the end times he will live with God forever and be surrounded by His perfect love.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Those who deserve love the least need it the most. True love doesn't look at the color, the size, the financial status, or the worth of its objects.
Jesus Christ loved the entire world, and that is what true love is. If we would love the way we ought, what a difference and change would take place in our lives and in this world
_

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Psalms 91:1,4
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

First, we need to seek that nearness to God. A mother hen will give a certain call to her chicks when there is danger, and the ones with any common sense will immediately run for the cover of her wings.

God has given us that call in His word. The Devil is like a roaring lion roaming about looking for those He can devour.
The call has been given. Are you using your common sense to respond by running for the shelter of wings of the Most High?

To dwell there is really the only safe place to live. We need to experience a constant living there under His shelter. Some refer to this life style as 'practicing the presence of God' or 'abiding in Christ'. It is the one way to live in the rest of God. He has invited us to experience His Sabbath rest, but with the enemy on the prowl, the only way to experience the rest is to live in the shadow of His wings

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Do you know, that;
We will never be sufficiently free of the curse to see God until we have a new body which is no longer prone to sin. Even with the present and abiding Holy Spirit we still in ourselves are not as pure as we must ultimately be to see God.
The promised reward of seeing God assumes God’s intervention and work in completing our salvation. Until that time, while we remain in this body, we will in fact waver in our devotion; we are not and will not be steadfast. We will not see God now as we will then.
Paul cried out, Who will rescue me from this body of death.” The answer, “Thanks be to God – through Jesus Christ my Lord!”

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Keeping Your Momentum Going
I believe all of us have a call for greatness which comes from God, and I am also aware very few people will ever attain that greatness. It becomes an issue of keeping the momentum going. God has called ordinary people like you and I to such an extraordinary vision to life. There is however not a one of us who has not come to that place in our lives when the vision is overwhelming, the task ahead seems so impossible and the desire to withdraw rather than push forward has not come to tempt us. How do we keep the “mo” going? How can we press through to the greatness God has called us and not shrink away.

Reactions: barb754
Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
God’s goodness?
“I wake up in a world of miracles every morning.
Every time I breathe and use the oxygen and incorporate it into my body it is a miracle.
Every time I open my eyes and see the beauty that surrounds me, that’s a miracle.
Every time I touch the hand of a baby, that’s a miracle. Every time I take a morsel of food and put it into my mouth and chew it, and my body digests it and uses the energy from it, that’s a miracle.

Just as surely as it was a miracle when God opened the waters of the Red Sea, just as surely as it was a miracle when Jesus fed the multitudes, just as surely as it was a miracle when Jesus healed the blind man, we wake up in a world of miracles every day. And some of us want more.”

The reality is that I don’t deserve any of the blessings that God gives me but He still blesses me because He is a good God!
I love the simple chorus that we sing sometimes: “God is so good, God is so good, God is so good,
He’s so good to me.”
We need to take time daily to appreciate the goodness of God!

Upvote 0
S

Starr71

Good morning, I hope you all have a beautiful day.

8 days and were moving. countdown now. yikes. We have now put a dent in our packing. Praise God. Still alot to do, basement is done, most of our main floor, but for bedrooms not started, 3 of them, a Office and 2 bathrooms to go.

Then Kitchen what will be last to pack.

Our new place is 1 level and 2 bedrooms and office/laundry room.

Thanks for the encourging topics.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
As followers of Jesus, we are asked to exercise our grain of faith in many ways. We are to forgive those who wound us, not depending on our sense of bitterness and our need for revenge.

That is a difficult message for us to hear these days.
We are to stand up for what is right, not trusting in the support of those who may oppose us.
We are to care for those in need, even the ungrateful, not relying on their gratitude and affirmation. We are to seek to do God's will, not being guided simply by our own comfort and convenience.
We are to be generous to God and to others with all that we have been given, not trusting in our possessions for our sense of worth and security

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
When we hide ourselves in God, many of the world's troubles and
temptations can not affect us. Instead, we are constantly comforted by
reminders that we are forgiven and are right with God

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Psalm 23
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake."
This verse is so amazing because it has so much comfort in it. In the first verse, we learned that the Lord is our Shepherd, so the 'He' would be that Shepherd.
He has put us into a place of peace and rest.
He gives us the comfort of leading us. If we can only get hold of this revelation, we can grow in the Lord so much. If the Lord is doing the leading, if He is the One giving us the peace, if He is the One giving us the rest, then it follows that He is the One Who is carrying the load of our lives.
We are at peace. In this incredibly fast and hectic world, that is such a comfort as long as we give all of our cares to Him.

The next part of the verse is "he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake". Notice that He is not telling you to go in the paths alone. He leads us in that path.
It is such a comfort to know that God is not throwing us onto the path and saying to us, go on.
Get on that path and walk the straight and narrow. And when you mess up, I will lower the boom. No, no, no.

He also tells us that the path we are on is the path of righteousness.
What does that mean?
Too many people think that they have to work at being righteous. Without God, this is impossible.
Righteousness is a GIFT of God. He gives it to you when you become His child by asking forgiveness for your sins and then asking Jesus into your heart.
But what does "righteousness" mean?
It means to be walking in uprightness and right standing with God.
This is not something you can earn. It is a gift. I can not stress this enough.
Again, this is a good time to stop and think about what this word means to God.

Upvote 0

barb754

Believer
Dec 26, 2004
Guilford, New York
✟270,339.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Love the LORD! Be strong because of your hope in the LORD. In
other words, recognize where your strength is. Acknowledge your
source of grace. Give praise to God for his abundant mercy and
power lavished on us through his Holy Spirit. The LORD God does
preserve his people. He does honor faithfulness even if it is
mocked in this world. The LORD will bless his people and deal
justly with those who mock and abuse them.

Reactions: doc329
Upvote 0

barb754

Believer
Dec 26, 2004
Guilford, New York
✟270,339.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
God has blessed us with so many wonderful promises. He has
secured them through the sending of his Son "to conquer death and
bring life and immortality to light." He will "transform our lowly
bodies to be like his glorious body." He will take us home to be
with him eternally, but until that day, he will live inside us and
reveal himself to us. He will make us more than conquerors and will
not allow anything to separate us from his love. So what should our
response be? Yes, surely we should offer him praise. But, we must
not limit our praise to words. God wants our lives to be pure,
staying away from what is evil, vile, putrid, and corrupt. He wants
us to do this, not so we can claim some moral superiority, but so
that we can show him our adoration and reverence. In our desire to
offer God praise, let's not forget that one of the greatest ways to
praise him is to seek him in purity and holiness!

Reactions: doc329
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.