Feeling so alone and sad...any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ariel

Servant
Apr 4, 2004
West Texas
✟77,274.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Janny, I have had to fight depression, too, at various times in my life. I also have to fight depression every year in January, February and part of March. I have realized in recent years that I have seasonal affective disorder to some degree. Dark days without enough sun can really get me down, even in Texas.

BUT, now that I know what it is, I have learned to fight it. I have a list of things I know will help, for example:

Exercise--to increase endorphins and get the circulation going
Being in the sun or even artificial light--to combat SAD
Avoiding sugar and simple carbs--these get me down
Taking vitamins/supplements--These help me a lot. Interestingly, vitamin D is now being used to treat SAD.
Reading the Word--always makes me feel better. This is my "Gos-pill" :)
Praying, and being in God's presence--He is so kind to me

I don't take any medications, so far doing these things is enough. If I did have continuing problems, though, I would definitely seek medical help and an anti-depressive. Also realize that sometimes what seems like depression can actually be a physical ailment.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: Savedsis
Upvote 0

Ariel

Servant
Apr 4, 2004
West Texas
✟77,274.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
anti depressants help me. but i suffer from depression and bi polar

Yes, Seth, you are so right. Anti-depressants can help tremendously. Both depression and bi-polar disorder can be treated effectively.

Hannah, something else that could help you is a thread I wrote on Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). There are suggestions on that thread for how to combat depression. You may be able to find something there that will help you.

Here is the URL:

http://christianforums.com/t6076696-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-you-can-get-well.html

Be blessed!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.