Emjay1985

May 21, 2014
New Zealand
✟15,221.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yesterday I went to the funeral of a wonderful man I've known 19 years. I cried so much. Partly for the loss of a man who always made time for everyone, especially the youth, making even the most abused and neglected feel loved, welcome, and accepted. Partly because he died of a brain tumor like my dad. And partly because I had hoped that he and his wife would be able to mentor my husband and I. This man made more time for and showed more interest in my husbands life than my husbands own father. My husband respected him and heeded his advice and guidance.

Why is it so hard to find respectable godly couples to come alongside younger couples to mentor them in marriage, parenting, and faith?

A

Andrea411

Yesterday I went to the funeral of a wonderful man I've known 19 years. I cried so much. Partly for the loss of a man who always made time for everyone, especially the youth, making even the most abused and neglected feel loved, welcome, and accepted. Partly because he died of a brain tumor like my dad. And partly because I had hoped that he and his wife would be able to mentor my husband and I. This man made more time for and showed more interest in my husbands life than my husbands own father. My husband respected him and heeded his advice and guidance.

Why is it so hard to find respectable godly couples to come alongside younger couples to mentor them in marriage, parenting, and faith?
I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like he was family. It might be that his wife could use your help and knowing how much you cared for him will be a comfort for her. Even though its painful, she'll want to know.

Prayers for comfort for both families, andrea

Upvote 0

jbearnolimits

Pastor
Mar 13, 2014
Mobile, AL
Visit site
✟16,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The death of God's saints is precious to Him. It is such a bittersweet thing to see someone like this be called home. It is indeed hard to find such lights in this world. There are few of them.

I do have a suggestion though for you two. This man you both loved was like this because he had the word of God in him. So if God taught him...you can be taught by God as well.

Open the Bible together and look at the relationship of God and the saints. That is what marriage is a picture of anyway. Let your husband pay close attention to how Jesus acts to the church and you pay attention to how the church acts to Him. Then act like that to each other.

Your marriage will be something you both will be proud of.

Upvote 0

Emjay1985

May 21, 2014
New Zealand
✟15,221.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all for your kind words of comfort and support. He could have lived as long as Methuselah and it still wouldn't have been long enough.

Andrea I wrote his wife a letter today and had my husband leave it on her table for her to read when she had time.

Open the Bible together and look at the relationship of God and the saints. That is what marriage is a picture of anyway. Let your husband pay close attention to how Jesus acts to the church and you pay attention to how the church acts to Him. Then act like that to each other.

Your marriage will be something you both will be proud of.
There lies the problem, my husband has always resisted turning to God. He is getting better though :thumbsup:

Upvote 0