February 4 = World Cancer Day We can all do something about cancer

Nov 15, 2009
✟8,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Didn't realize it was world cancer day. This morning I read a chapter on low dose naltrexone (LDN) helping prevent and fight cancer. Naltrexone is a generic drug prescribed to help overcome drug addictions.

Low does of naltrexone have been found to help many with Multiple Sclerosis, IBD diseases such as Crohn's, and many types of cancer. That came as a surprise to me, and from I read a surprise to others. Some information on LDN and it's anti cancer benefits can be seen here:

http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org./index.htm#What_diseases_has_it_been_useful_for

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

WCD Website

:prayer: May God be with all who fight this dread disease. And have mercy upon those who's fight is now over. Amen.

We can all do something to fight cancer. For Christians that something can begin with prayer.

Amen and thank you for the prayers.

God Bless!

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Didn't realize it was world cancer day. This morning I read a chapter on low dose naltrexone (LDN) helping prevent and fight cancer. Naltrexone is a generic drug prescribed to help overcome drug addictions.

Low does of naltrexone have been found to help many with Multiple Sclerosis, IBD diseases such as Crohn's, and many types of cancer. That came as a surprise to me, and from I read a surprise to others. Some information on LDN and it's anti cancer benefits can be seen here:

http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org./index.htm#What_diseases_has_it_been_useful_for

Thanks. There is so much out there that at time it is overwhelming on what to believe is true. The problem with a lot of these alternative treatments and regimens is that their are few or any test groups. All you get is 'I tried this and it cured my cancer.'

I highly encourage those without cancer who have a pre-disposed family history of it to basically eat right and exercise. Sometimes that is not enough as your genes have a lot to do with the form of cancer you get.

For me, my grandmother excellent shape colon cancer at age 72 took her life.

My mother who was an exercise fanatic before it became a 'fad' and would only eat good wholesome foods, had periodic colonoscopies died of colon cancer at 86 recently.

Now me the third generation. I followed my mom as an exercise nut, ate what she did, had over 20 years of daily Army physical training and worked out after duty hours (2 time a day PT guy) colon cancer at age 45.

I would gather my lot would be a lot worse if I was not active and did not eat right.

Fourth generation: my son at 10 years old Leukemia. He's doing well now at 16.

Upvote 0

Tiny Bible

All Lives Matter. Pray BLM Learn That.
Jan 3, 2016
whyaskthat
✟19,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
God bless you and your son to continue in recovery and excellent health and rest your mother in mercy and peace.

God be with you redleghunter. :groupray: Prayers for everyone in the family of Christ and otherwise who are fighting this dreaded killer.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Nice to see something that isn't just about breast cancer, but all cancers.

Thanks. There is so much out there that at time it is overwhelming on what to believe is true. The problem with a lot of these alternative treatments and regimens is that their are few or any test groups. All you get is 'I tried this and it cured my cancer.'
ie unproven at best, utter nonsense and/or intentional quackery to make a suck off of naive/vulnerable people at worst. ugh. There are only a billion out there. Disgusting to put it kindly.

Upvote 0
Nov 15, 2009
✟8,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
From what I've been reading of late, I think LDN could be helpful with slowing different cancers growth. There isn't a whole lot of information on it though. That is likely due to it being a generic inexpensive drug. No one is terribly interesting in studying it. For me, if I were to develop cancer, I'd try LDN and use it as a complimentary drug with treatment.

Sadly though, true there is a good amount of fraud in the medical and cancer industry from what I've been reading. Former New England Journal of Medicine Dr. Marcia Angell has a nice book that touches on the topic. She is maybe best known for her comments on the current state of medical research. Several others of similar stature, being medical editors, have mentioned similar.

The Truth About the Drug Companies: How They Deceive Us and What to Do About It

“It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines. I take no pleasure in this conclusion, which I reached slowly and reluctantly over my two decades as an editor of The New England Journal of Medicine.” Dr. Marcia Angell.

Professor Richard Ablin, discover of the PSA test, has a cautionary, informative book I felt about prostate cancer. My father is going in for a consult for his prostate soon. It's something we've been reading up on.

The Great Prostate Hoax: How Big Medicine Hijacked the PSA Test and Caused a Public Health Disaster (Hardback)

Every year, more than a million men undergo painful needle biopsies for prostate cancer, and upward of 100,000 have radical prostatectomies, resulting in incontinence and impotence. But the shocking fact is that most of these men would never have died from this common form of cancer, which frequently grows so slowly that it never even leaves the prostate. How did we get to a point where so many unnecessary tests and surgeries are being done? In The Great Prostate Hoax, Richard J. Ablin exposes how a discovery he made in 1970, the prostate-specific antigen (PSA), was co-opted by the pharmaceutical industry into a multibillion-dollar business. He shows how his discovery of PSA was never meant to be used for screening prostate cancer, and yet nonetheless the test was patented and eventurally approved by the FDA in 1994. Now, doctors and victims are beginning to speak out about the harm of the test, and beginning to search for a true prostate cancer-specific marker.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟902,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I loss my dad to cancer a year ago 3-16 so next month, and what I find cool is that most types of cancer have an awareness month and a color.

Upvote 0