Results are only viewable after voting.

Sarrapin

Oct 20, 2010
✟15,289.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
I like pretty much all genres, though FPS are by far my favourite. I think I like that genre more because it is a direct test of skill where you have complete control of the players motions and actions. Which can be both a good and bad thing, as in Republic Commando where it took me a few ... unpleasant and bloody demises ... to get used of throwing grenades with the left-hand. It's just embarrassing when you grenade yourself. :blush: If you judge what one's favourite game is based on how much time one spends playing it, I guess that would have to be Modern Warfare 2 as Steam is counting at least 80 hours - too much time playing the special ops missions.

Unfortunately I only play offline. I tried playing Battlefield 2142 online back in the day, but with pings of around 300 plus I was struggling to keep a 1:1.5 kill/death ratio. When I got killed by the same player three times in three different engagements without landing a shot, well, I can take a hint. :doh: He probably would have killed me anyway, but he had already moved on the server by the time I had fired straight at him on my computer.

But I do love the other genres (in order of most enjoyed genre):
Simulations - Star Wars X-Wing Alliance - it would TIE Fighter, but those advanced concussion missiles kind of takes enjoyment out of dogfights.
RPG - Mass Effect.
RTS - Star Wars Empire At War.
Racing - NFS Hot Pursuit.

Upvote 0

Perhaps Today

A Light In The Black
Sep 18, 2009
Michigan
✟15,068.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My favorite genre is RPGs. Preferably traditional turn based or strategy. Some action ones are alright as well. I still have yet to really play any old PC style RPGs (DOS era), but may consider it more.

I also like 2D fighting games, especially those by SNK from the NEO-GEO era.

Upvote 0

Kolwynia

Jul 26, 2011
✟7,820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Has to be RPGs. I prefer the older ones, but now that games like Mass Effect and Fallout 3 have integrated RPG elements into more of a shooter genre, I'm pretty happy with those, too. Mostly I just love great stories, great characters, and the particular thrill that comes from gaining a level.

Upvote 0

Sarrapin

Oct 20, 2010
✟15,289.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
My favorite genre is RPGs. Preferably traditional turn based or strategy. Some action ones are alright as well. I still have yet to really play any old PC style RPGs (DOS era), but may consider it more.

I also like 2D fighting games, especially those by SNK from the NEO-GEO era.

Yeah, there's something to be said for the old games. :) I pulled out Sonic 3 a while ago and was extremely happy when it started up without problems. Then, my hopes were dashed when I realised that the game for some reason runs about five times as fast as it should. Well, it isn't that surprising. I ain't that quick to be able to play that. :sigh:

I even miss the arcade-type games like Jazz Jack Rabbit, Raptor and Tyrain ... have any of you guys/girls ever played those games? Dare I say Pac-Man? ^_^ I got a demo of Tyrain 2000 working on my computer some time ago, it's just the sound that stuffs up. I've noticed that a lot of old games just aren't compatible with today's sound chips and cards. Without music, those older games aren't really "playable" for me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheProject

If it lives in water, I don't eat it...
Oct 11, 2011
GA
✟25,778.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My favorite genres are Platformers (both 2-D & 3-D), Hack'n Slash, Rhythm/Music, and RPG's.

I generally play single player, but that's mainly b/c most of the games I play don't have multi-player. Also, I'm not a big fan of the FPS genre (quite honestly, I'm just not very good at them), so that cuts me out of multi-player quite a bit since that seems to be the "big" genre at the moment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CelticGrace

Legend
Sep 1, 2004
Mesquite, Texas
✟38,987.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
RPGs are by far my favorite and the genre I am best at. I can't play FPS at all lol I've tried, and failed, so many times that I just don't bother anymore.

I'll play MMORPGs like LOTRO, WoW, etc. but have not yet played the multi-player levels of any of my single-player games, like Mass Effect 3.

Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I like RPGs, and racing/simulation games. I'm not patient enough for fps, unless I'm playing with others or if that style is crossed into an rpg it's good. I have no idea what the second option on the poll is. :)
I also like puzzle games.

Upvote 0