Visit site
✟1,024,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Feel free to share some of your favorite liturgical or paraliturgical hymns here.

One of my favorites is The Angel Cried. The first time I heard it sung once people returned to church after the pandemic (we only had 10 in the congregation at the time), as well as seeing the Eucharist, started to make me tear up and make it hard to sing. Such a joyous song!

Give the people what they... - Music at St. Tikhon's | Facebook

The angel cried to the Lady Full of Grace: Rejoice, O Pure Virgin! Again I say: Rejoice! Your Son is risen from His three days in the tomb! With Himself He has raised all the dead! Rejoice, all you people!

Shine! Shine! O New Jerusalem! The Glory of the Lord has shone on you! Exalt now and be glad, O Zion! Be radiant, O Pure Theotokos, in the Resurrection of your Son!

(Non-Orthodox, feel free to share so long as it doesn’t conflict with Orthodox teaching, per forum rules :))

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I really love what is called the Beatitudes or Lord' Remember us in your Kingdom.

Lots of other good pieces of music not sure where they fit.

Upvote 0

LaSorcia

Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2015
✟1,346,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I really love what is called the Beatitudes or Lord' Remember us in your Kingdom.

Lots of other good pieces of music not sure where they fit.

Oh Pure Virgin is one of my favs as well. My church sings it a bit more lively though!

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,469,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Feel free to share some of your favorite liturgical or paraliturgical hymns here.

One of my favorites is The Angel Cried. The first time I heard it sung once people returned to church after the pandemic (we only had 10 in the congregation at the time), as well as seeing the Eucharist, started to make me tear up and make it hard to sing. Such a joyous song!

Give the people what they... - Music at St. Tikhon's | Facebook

The angel cried to the Lady Full of Grace: Rejoice, O Pure Virgin! Again I say: Rejoice! Your Son is risen from His three days in the tomb! With Himself He has raised all the dead! Rejoice, all you people!

Shine! Shine! O New Jerusalem! The Glory of the Lord has shone on you! Exalt now and be glad, O Zion! Be radiant, O Pure Theotokos, in the Resurrection of your Son!

(Non-Orthodox, feel free to share so long as it doesn’t conflict with Orthodox teaching, per forum rules :))

my favorite hymn, and an obvious bias for the choir.

• Agree
Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟757,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,024,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Lately I’ve been having Lord have mercy litanies in my head. I’m not sure if it is a hymn persay, but it is an essential prayer in a musical setting. (I’ll try to find a audio / video file for it)

ETA: Music at St. Tikhon's on Facebook Watch

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Gospodi Pomilui (Serbian Orthodox, from Hilandar on Mt. Athos)

Psalm in Aramaic by Fr. Seraphim Bit Kharibi of Georgia (I have no idea why they used an image for the video of Komitas Vardapet, the famous Armenian priest, composer, and witness to the Armenian genocide, but hey, at least you get to learn some Aramaic thanks to the very helpful encoded subtitles with transliteration)

Troparia for the Archangels (Antiochian Orthodox)

Upvote 0