Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
My spiritual journey almost PARALLELED that of Tori Amos'. At least, as she described it in her music. I have loved her music and her strange powerful and beautiful lyrics for some time and even danced to dozens of her songs.
HOWEVER, she and I have had a parting of the ways. I accepted Christ in January and she (though a preacher's daughter) is still very much on the outs with Him.
I can't wait till she comes back to Jesus- her music will never be better and she'll probably bring along a few converts, too!:clap::clap::clap:

Upvote 0

Pharoah Monch

Aug 27, 2003
✟145.00
i could never get into Tori Amos' music......i dunno, i never liked her songs...i tried to listen to some of her stuff, but nah......it was nothing memorable, it was just blah blah to me....

anyways, here's some more female artists y'all might have never heard of...
female rap trio called Northern State....the female version of Eminem, Princess Superstar.......the band Poe...let me see what else....well, thats it.

Upvote 0

zao77

i'm addicted to oxygen
Sep 8, 2003
Columbus, OH
Visit site
✟336.00
Faith
Christian
here we go .......
bee and flower - band based out of new york city that is sort of a orchestral feel but very dark. their female singer reminds me of a lazier sounding fiona apple. good stuff.
Bjork - very original chick. she is a very happy individual though you wouldn't know it most of the time in her music. often considered the female version of radiohead in the field of originality. cool music that doesn't follow any particular genre. would recommend getting some of her stuff.
Portishead - another band with a female singer that is also very original. can't really explain thier stuff other than it rules.
The Crannberries - very very cool band. once again with a female singer. irish band that was popular in the grunge era of the early to mid 90's. the singer is so very cool. very thick irish virbrato in her voice. very addictive.
Fiona Apple - what else can i say about her other than if i had the chance to marry her i would.
Sarah Mclaclan - (i always spell her name wrong) just plain cool.
Gold Frap - a band i just dicovered that is pretty cool. electronicish (if that's a word)
Kittie - all chick band. i have respect for a chick that can shread on the drums. and for a chick to scream like that is ausgezeichnet.

here are some others that i listen to but don't feel like listing them like the others........
Dido, Anita Kelsey, Lauren Hill, Norah Jones, and Sade. i know there is more i just can't think of any at the present time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheThinman

Dec 9, 2003
✟225.00
Faith
Christian
leecappella said:
Need I type her name out?:) Her voice is crystal clear, oh so powerful, angelic, spiritual, inspiring, soft, belting, etc. She is like an actress who acts out a song's lyrics vocally. She can sing pop, rock, dance, gospel, country, etc. She ain't the 'Queen' for nothing!

Yes, Donna Summer. I grew up miserable because I knew I would never marry her.
My other votes are Crystal Lewis, Eva Cassidy and the band Still Breathing. All very different, but very good. Aw heck theres too many to list here!

Upvote 0

TheThinman

Dec 9, 2003
✟225.00
Faith
Christian
theFijian said:
Some of my fav female solo artists

Björk
Cat Power
PJ Harvey
Julie Doiron

Bands with female leads:
Portishead
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
The Softies
Ladytron
early Blondie stuff was not bad

cheers

Of these I really like a few songs by PJ Harvey, although questionable lyrics, but great voice. Portishead is AWESOME

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheThinman

Dec 9, 2003
✟225.00
Faith
Christian
Cherberrie said:
A few of my favorites:

Tori Amos
Shawn Colvin
Eva Cassidy
Norah Jones
Evanescence
The Donnas
Garbage
Sarah Brightman

Eva Cassidy, yes!! I thought I was the only one on this forum to ever hear of her. My wife and I love her stuff. Prolly the most beautiful voice that ever graced this earth.

Upvote 0