Rishon Letsiyon
✟8,431.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hi again mates. This time, I'd like to talk to you about your favorite bands, artists. Can you share?

My favorite bands, artists, are:

Breaking Benjamin(Especially the most recent album Ember)
Stratovarius(Old albums only)
Possessed(First album only)
Rhett Akins
Ice Cube(First 3 albums)
Rhapsody of Fire(Early material mostly)
Nickelback

crixus

the truth shall set you free
Nov 13, 2012
California
✟62,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A new song was released by The Beatles today and it's hauntingly beautiful. :)

Now and Then's eventful journey to fruition took place over five decades and is the product of conversations and collaborations between the four Beatles that go on to this day. The long mythologised John Lennon demo was first worked on in February 1995 by Paul, George and Ringo as part of The Beatles Anthology project but it remained unfinished, partly because of the impossible technological challenges involved in working with the vocal John had recorded on tape in the 1970s. For years it looked like the song could never be completed. But in 2022 there was a stroke of serendipity. A software system developed by Peter Jackson and his team, used throughout the production of the documentary series Get Back, finally opened the way for the uncoupling of John’s vocal from his piano part. As a result, the original recording could be brought to life and worked on anew with contributions from all four Beatles. This remarkable story of musical archaeology reflects The Beatles’ endless creative curiosity and shared fascination with technology. It marks the completion of the last recording that John, Paul and George and Ringo will get to make together and celebrates the legacy of the foremost and most influential band in popular music history.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Im pretty old school and came into music in the 80's. My tastes mostly reflect that :) I like a lot of bands, but there are standouts.

Well-known:
Iron Maiden - First real metal band I liked.
Metallica - I remember hearing the solo from Master of Puppets the first time and was blown away that you could make those noises with a guitar
Megadeth - The anti-Metallica, but I loved both. Maybe Megadeth just a little more. Rust In Peace best album.
Testament - Just really like the heaviness of it.
Queensryche - Didn't become popular until the 90's with the release of Empire. Everything up through Promised Land. Later stuff not so much.

Less Well known or known only in certain cirlcles:
King Diamond\Merciful Fate - love macabre, dark and theatrical aspects and the guitars are phenomenal
Dream Theater - Most progressive metal band I know
Pagan's Mind - Norwegian prog metal. Haven't released anything in a while and might not ever again, but everything they've done is great.
Symphony X - More prog metal. Michael Romeo is also a god\mythical creature on guitar.
Pantera - Just fast heavy musical aggression. Love it. "Dimebag" Darryl Abbott (RIP) was awesome.

Virtuosity:
Steve Vai - I'm an atheist, but he's as close to the existence of god as one could be I think
Yngwie Malmsteen - Neo-classical shredding master
Joe Satriani - up through The Time Machine and some on later albums; Vai's guitar teacher

Certainly not exhaustive. I love 80's hair metal and thrash

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟449,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Favorite post covid live performances - not ranked just as they come to mind:
Ice Nine Kills (seen 3x)
Falling in Reverse (3x)
Taylor Swift (the hype is real, and she made a football stadium feel intimate)
Beartooth
The Devil Wears Prada (2x)
Fit For A King
Maverick City Music
Hillsong United
Motionless in White
Knocked Loose
Crown the Empire (2x)
Nothing More
Jinjer

I went this route because I figured who I go see is the best reflection of what I find most entertaining. When I play, it's either Christian Worship Music on Sunday mornings or a whole bunch of the normal cover songs - classic rock, folk songs - think Brown Eyed Girl. If I did a lost of favorite artists to cover, it would be totally a different list. I just looked at my landing page for Apple music and it's mostly metalcore and Taylor, so I guess that is consistent.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I've developed a taste for the older genres, i.e, swing music, jazz songs, and instrumentals. No synthesizers, MIDIs, sound sequencers, samplers, or other electronics. Just vocalists and real instruments. A few of my favorites;

"Fever" from 1958. For my money, the best jazz song ever recorded. Just bass, percussion, finger snaps, and Peggy Lee's voice.

"Sing, Sing, Sing" is a classic 40s big band recording from Benny Goodman. Great drum work by Gene Krupa. You've gotta be made of stone if you can't get in to this rhythm.

Uber-cool trumpet playing by Al Hirt, with a full band. Listen especially about 1:35. Using the mute, he can almost make the horn talk. Amazing.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A new song was released by The Beatles today and it's hauntingly beautiful. :)

Now and Then's eventful journey to fruition took place over five decades and is the product of conversations and collaborations between the four Beatles that go on to this day. The long mythologised John Lennon demo was first worked on in February 1995 by Paul, George and Ringo as part of The Beatles Anthology project but it remained unfinished, partly because of the impossible technological challenges involved in working with the vocal John had recorded on tape in the 1970s. For years it looked like the song could never be completed. But in 2022 there was a stroke of serendipity. A software system developed by Peter Jackson and his team, used throughout the production of the documentary series Get Back, finally opened the way for the uncoupling of John’s vocal from his piano part. As a result, the original recording could be brought to life and worked on anew with contributions from all four Beatles. This remarkable story of musical archaeology reflects The Beatles’ endless creative curiosity and shared fascination with technology. It marks the completion of the last recording that John, Paul and George and Ringo will get to make together and celebrates the legacy of the foremost and most influential band in popular music history.
well listening to it i can hear why it was never released ...

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi again mates. This time, I'd like to talk to you about your favorite bands, artists. Can you share?

Rhett Akins
Ice Cube(First 3 albums)
Nickelback

i guess the most influential music/lyrics to me was War Pigs by Black Sabbath and Thank You by Led Zeppelin

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Rhett Akins
Ice Cube(First 3 albums)
Nickelback

whats the song or lyric that sticks out most for you in the Ember album ?

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,937.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Jethro Tull
Rush
Genesis
Fleetwood Mac
ELO (Electric Light Orchestra)
Pink Floyd
Dire Straits
Metallica
Tommy Emmanuel (amazing solo guitarist)
The Clash
The Who
Van Halen (survived quitting of lead singer)
AC-DC (survived death of lead singer)
INXS (didn't survive the death of lead singer)
Bob Marley
Peter Tosh
Queen

Not in any particular order and those are just off the top of my head.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums