Chicagoland
✟29,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
(so) I haven't lifted weights in about a month and my eating habits have gotten significantly worse. I'm like a fat man trapped in a fat man's body all over again.

I'mma try to get down to 180 by the end of March.

Just posting in case there's any sympathy losers* that want to get on me for some accountability, I'll do the same for you, but you need some goals for me to help you track. Or you guys can just ride and ridicule me if I don't live up to my goal.

* by losers I mean fat losers, not weight losers or "loser" losers.

you're all winners in my book, I just want to be thinners in your book.

That may have been the stoopidest thing I ever typed. In fact, 2,000 blessings if you can bring forth something stoopider that I typed, contest ends March 31.

and Fatty-Bear is what my 4 year old neice calls her 22 pound cat.

Spicy McHaggis

I don't know nothin 'bout birthin no babies
Apr 30, 2002
Chicagoland
✟29,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh yeah, and as an added bonus, all food questions will be answered with "blank sha blank, I'm in training." for the month of March.

"yo klep, you want somma this pizza?"

"Pizza shmizza ...I'm in training."

or "M&M's Shmemenems ...I'm in training."

Soda / Shmoda
Cheese Fries / shmeese shmies

and shmoe on and shmoe shmorth...

Upvote 0

eatenbylocusts

Senior Veteran
Oct 13, 2005
✟14,434.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
iklepac13 said:
Oh yeah, and as an added bonus, all food questions will be answered with "blank sha blank, I'm in training." for the month of March.

"yo klep, you want somma this pizza?"

"Pizza shmizza ...I'm in training."

or "M&M's Shmemenems ...I'm in training."

Soda / Shmoda
Cheese Fries / shmeese shmies

and shmoe on and shmoe shmorth...

Have you had enough sleep?
O.k. I'm in. By the end of March I want to have lost another 5 pounds. Cardio workout 4 times a week, weights at least 3 times a week. I'm not telling you how much I weigh. I guess I need to get off the computer and go to the gym.

Upvote 0

Spicy McHaggis

Apr 30, 2002
Chicagoland
✟29,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
eatenbylocusts said:
Have you had enough sleep?
O.k. I'm in. By the end of March I want to have lost another 5 pounds. Cardio workout 4 times a week, weights at least 3 times a week. I'm not telling you how much I weigh. I guess I need to get off the computer and go to the gym.

well, you can report progress without giving actual start/end numbers. I figure I'll weigh myself tonight, get my starting point, then adjust my goal based on that.

I've been around 195 lately, so 15 pounds by March end is going to be tough, so if I'm over 195 (which I think I am) I'll have to push back my end date to maybe mid April (for my B-day) or just establish a new Mrach goal.

sleep though? No, not nearly enough, but that's a whole new thread!:sleep:

Upvote 0

Carri20

Veteran
May 8, 2005
Pennsylvania
✟9,191.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That may have been the stoopidest thing I ever typed. In fact, 2,000 blessings if you can bring forth something stoopider that I typed, contest ends March 31.

Ooo! Ooo! I'd like to submit something for the contest!

Fat is the new hot.

No really, I think there's something wrong with me. If you were to stand 2 guys in front of me and one was athletic and the other a bit overweight, I'd be making eyes at the second guy. Is this weird? Am I backwards in the head? ..But more importantly will I win the contest now that I've blurted out this embarrassing secret I've been keeping since I was 5? =P

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Spicy McHaggis

Apr 30, 2002
Chicagoland
✟29,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Okay so 180's a stretch because I weighed in at 198 tonight. I'll do the bodyfat test later, but yeah, that's 18 pounds. I'll shoot for mid April.

Stopped at the store on the way home, stocked up on low cal foods, high fiber stuff, calcium, bottled water, etc and finished setting up my squat rack just a few minutes ago.

Good luck all. I know I'll need it.

Upvote 0

sherri

Mar 20, 2004
✟10,937.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Carri20 said:
Ooo! Ooo! I'd like to submit something for the contest!

Fat is the new hot.

No really, I think there's something wrong with me. If you were to stand 2 guys in front of me and one was athletic and the other a bit overweight, I'd be making eyes at the second guy. Is this weird? Am I backwards in the head? ..But more importantly will I win the contest now that I've blurted out this embarrassing secret I've been keeping since I was 5? =P

Thats actually quite normal. I used to have a thing for skinny guys.

I think a lot of people like others with a bit of extra to cuddle - especially guys. In fact I notice I always get more attention from the blokes when I've gained a few extra pounds through lazyness or stress.

Although this year it was lazyness and christmas.

So anyways. I'm in - 5 pounds by the end of march.

Upvote 0

sherri

Mar 20, 2004
✟10,937.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And does anyone like the idea of posting a photo of themselves when they reach their ideal weight. I think that would add more incentive. You don't have to post your face if you don't want to - just crop it and post your body.

Or even posting photos as you go to show progress. I think that would be great.

Upvote 0

Macrina

Macrinator
Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, I am trying to be healthier with diet and exercise... I need to lose weight, but I'm not ready to set a goal yet. I have an endocrine disorder that affects weight gain and fat storage, and I'm only just getting treatment that helps, so to be honest, I don't know what's realistic.

I want to exercise three times a week and do more of my own cooking (when I cook, it's healthy vegan food... and not half bad, if I say so myself).

Upvote 0

eatenbylocusts

Senior Veteran
Oct 13, 2005
✟14,434.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
eatenbylocusts said:
I'm back from the gym. I could've easily made the excuse that I have a school assignment due by midnight tonight-so I'm patting myself on the back. I did some legs too.

So far I've lost 7.5 pounds since the end of October. I'll be weighing in tomorrow at work.

I weighed in at work and I've actually lost 8.9 pounds now. Last night while trying to finish my school assignment I ate about 5 pieces of leftover Christmas chocolate. I hope I burned it off today at work. I went out to dinner tonight and stopped eating when I felt like I was full. Now I have something to bring for lunch tomorrow. I'm hungry-need a snack.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eatenbylocusts

Senior Veteran
Oct 13, 2005
✟14,434.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
sherri said:
And does anyone like the idea of posting a photo of themselves when they reach their ideal weight. I think that would add more incentive. You don't have to post your face if you don't want to - just crop it and post your body.

Or even posting photos as you go to show progress. I think that would be great.

Yeah, and I can wear the same dress before and after. I didn't think I had a picture of me right before I started losing, but then I remembered my friend took a picture of me and the ex who got me started losing by breaking my heart.

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Oh this sounds like fun - though I won't be able to participate too much due to my move I am hoping to loose another 33 pounds (15 kilos) this year (I think that is right). I lost 8 kilos last year (about 17 pounds)but I don't have set date. I am doing the slow casual thing of trying to make the right decisions about food and drink at the right time. Excercise is a whoel new thing - I hate the gym. I cannot stand it. ANyway praying that you guys achieve your goals. God bless, Evie

Upvote 0